• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

You lot can all go, and this is why...

Allison has made errors but he has 9+ expected goal ratio still and was over 10 at one point. He has has some outstanding saves, it's just been missed due to the overall nature of there season.

Sa is way down that list. Dangerously close to Danny Ward, and below Navas who people think is good but is statistically below Henderson, good case to make they would have stayed up with Henderson and may not with Nav.
I guess those stats don't include the Sa bollock drops too

Allison has made errors but he has 9+ expected goal ratio still and was over 10 at one point. He has has some outstanding saves, it's just been missed due to the overall nature of there season.

Sa is way down that list. Dangerously close to Danny Ward, and below Navas who people think is good but is statistically below Henderson, good case to make they would have stayed up with Henderson and may not with Nav.
I would take Henderson as it so happens, build from the back. Not perfect but enough there to work with. We should also give Bentley a game or two before the season is out and see what level he is at.

I really like Toti. I think he's been unlucky not to have had more game time to be honest.
Maybe, but no doubt in my mind he isn't anywhere near the standard to be a good PL defender. It does show how poor we are in that position.

I would take Henderson as it so happens, build from the back. Not perfect but enough there to work with. We should also give Bentley a game or two before the season is out and see what level he is at.
Henderson is alright but he's on absolutely ridiculous money (seriously >£100k a week) and he has that wanker Ramsdale style attitude that would wind me up massively.

Matt Turner from Arsenal, whilst I’m continuing to wear my MLS/Star-Spangled shades.

Diogo Costa is the dream.

He'd be expensive but he's only 23 and his quality is obvious so it could be a really smart investment. If we're serious about this rebuild and have money to spend we could pay £40M+ for him and have a brilliant keeper for the next decade.

Reactions: jlo
Not having Sa being defended here. If other clubs also have rank goalkeepers that is their problem, I care about Wolves, not them. He is shite and routinely costs us laughable goals.
The point is, the quality of keeper in the Premier league isn't actually that good, particularly since this shift into expecting them to come for crosses, be good on shots, be good with their feet, be good at decision making and have good distribution.

The point is, the quality of keeper in the Premier league isn't actually that good, particularly since this shift into expecting them to come for crosses, be good on shots, be good with their feet, be good at decision making and have good distribution.

You can't tell me there are no good keepers and no way we could upgrade from that jokeshop twat.

He's terrible. I hate having an awful keeper.

You can't tell me there are no good keepers and no way we could upgrade from that jokeshop twat.

He's terrible. I hate having an awful keeper.
I don't think we could easily upgrade on Sa, no. It'd cost us 20mill plus.

So what? You wouldn't baulk at paying £20m for a centre half, why should a keeper be any different?

We could easily upgrade on him because most keepers don't fuck up anywhere near as often as Sa does.
Because I think there are other more pressing areas to spend the money on.

If Lop is as good as we think he is, he'll be able to coach Sa to be better with his decision making and concentration, he sorts them out he's an excellent keeper.

And you are really labouring the point here, he isn't anywhere near as bad as you keep saying he is, much like Kilman, Doherty, Paulinha, Rankine Olofinjana.

I'll give you Willian Jose :)

I don't accept mediocrity as readily as you do :D

In no world is José Sa an excellent keeper. If he's good as you reckon we could sell him for £20m and spend it on someone who doesn't think that pass to Nunes yesterday is a good idea.

I don't accept mediocrity as readily as you do :D

In no world is José Sa an excellent keeper.
Expected far more abuse there. 😂

No Sa isn't an excellent keeper, that's not what I said.

I said if he is coached on the weak parts of his game - concentration, decision making by our "elite" manager and his team (who was himself a keeper) then he COULD be.

A summer with Lop could see significant improvements with a few of our inconsistent players, namely Kilman and Sa. Because when those two are good, they're really good.

(And Semedo)

They're not inconsistent, they're entirely consistent. I know exactly what I'll get from both. I'll get a minimum of two awful decisions from Sa a game and it's only then variable whether there are more and if they cost us goals (they often do). Kilman will drift through games, stand miles off opponents and look like a sad pear when we concede.

They're not inconsistent, they're entirely consistent. I know exactly what I'll get from both. I'll get a minimum of two awful decisions from Sa a game and it's only then variable whether there are more and if they cost us goals (they often do). Kilman will drift through games, stand miles off opponents and look like a sad pear when we concede.
Before yesterday we had 3 out of 4 games with clean sheets. Sa was faultless against Palace, as was Kilman. They have it in them.

How do you coach concentration and decision making to a 30 year old? Anyway the big issue is ball control and distribution with the ball at his feet
Concentration is tough one, but of course you can coach decision making, ball control and distribution.

I saw Rob Edwards and Neill Collins have five straight clean sheets together once, it didn't make them good defenders.

Sa wasn't faultless against Palace, he still played several ridiculous passes that could easily have landed us in danger. I'll grant you he made two good saves. He can join the Annual Accountancy Awards for using a calculator properly.

Back