• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff 2 - 0 Wolves: Piss Poor in the Pissing Rain Verdict Thread

Oh lord. There's only a few strikers down the years that can create stuff for themselves. Messi being a prime example.

I think your creating stuff is very different to mine then because Afobe definitely creates stuff for himself, him coming deep and getting involved and looking to drive past players is him definitely creating his own chances and actually creates chances for others. He wasn't given a chance to do that today because he played as a lone striker which he definitely isn't and yes didn't get into the positions or get the service that he wants but when he did get on the ball he was very poor just like everyone else.

This was on Jackett for me and that's 2 in a row. The players looked fucked off from the start and McD is going through the motions so we started with 10 in the first place.

But to change formation and play 2 wingers and then resort to hoofball against 2 big lumps and aim for a skillful but not physical striker is fucking abysmal management. Negating your own wingers and not having any creativity or tempo in t he middle is managerial suicide. At the moment we are worse than November last year. I'm sure KJ will right this in 3 or 4 games time.

Those calling for the return to Wednesday clearly didn't see the game because we were awful for an hour. Tonight we were awful for 90 minutes.

I think we now have a big issue in the goalkeeping department. 2 keepers with shattered confidence, and all because Ikeme was dropped for no real reason (1 mistake when he has proved himself to be a solid keeper).

Afobe is not an out and out striker, he likes to come deep and control the game - Dicko on the other hand likes to play off the defender and drive into the box constantly. If we play with 1 striker it has to be nouha!

KJ seems to be playing billy big balls at the moment, and it looks like he is just pissing the players off.

Is this molineux mix?
I hope this is a message to the puppet masters to say.."this is what I have"

It was extremely tongue in cheek, I'm not a douche. But he is a good manager haha. It's to remind people of when they were calling him out in that november.

utter rubbish. Edwards should not be in starting 11 as he can only play behind a single forward as today, and that don't work. he had 2 chances which showed why he isn't the answer. go back to 442 with Dicko & Afobe together and they'll get the goals most days.
too much inexperience in defence - Stearman is not a leader to help these kids out. we need a solid CH even when Baath comes back

Didn't Afobe play up top on his own for MK Dons?

Sometimes but he would be allowed to drop deep and Grigg and Reeves etc would go beyond him and become the striker when needed.

We need someone like antenucci playing behind Afobe and that would start to create an almighty number of chances

Always looked like conceding, never looked like scoring. That's 7 conceded in 4 games, huge concern even with Bath in the side we'll concede regular basis.
This back four needs strengthening even with Bath back in the side.
RVLP seems to get a lot of stick and rightly so but for me KMac went hiding and was so anonymous I had forgot he was on the pitch.
There seems to be a real lack of character amongst the players once things go against us.
KJ has to take some responsibility for only changing things when we were 2-0 down.

This was on Jackett for me and that's 2 in a row. The players looked fucked off from the start and McD is going through the motions so we started with 10 in the first place.

But to change formation and play 2 wingers and then resort to hoofball against 2 big lumps and aim for a skillful but not physical striker is fucking abysmal management. Negating your own wingers and not having any creativity or tempo in t he middle is managerial suicide. At the moment we are worse than November last year. I'm sure KJ will right this in 3 or 4 games time.

Those calling for the return to Wednesday clearly didn't see the game because we were awful for an hour. Tonight we were awful for 90 minutes.

This pretty much sums things up, we have got ourselves into a mess over our formation and have no clear tactical approach at the minute, we knew 12 months ago Sako was 99% certain to go (unless we went up) and we are still floundering in how to fill the void.

Along with that we have got into a mess with our keepers again most of it self inflicted, no leaders out there tonight and no character shown either.

Time for Kenny has to earn his money

not counting his goal, but it showed how valuable Ameobi would have been to us - and we allowed Cardiff to hijack our deal

I feel sorry for the loyal Wolves supporters, who spent their hard earnt wages to go and watch that!

Just need England to lose the Rugby tonight to top of 4 miserable days of sporting action.

Back