• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff 2 - 0 Wolves: Piss Poor in the Pissing Rain Verdict Thread

The worst is that I'm not drinking until I've completed the Great North Run. I watched that pile of tosh sober....

I've had to resort to sharing a bottle of Rose with the wife after polishing of the last of JD and coke.

I'm in a dangerous situation of finishing the evening sobering up, please... Do I crack on with my Captain Morgan's spiced rum?

Well I'm fucking wasted and it's still shite. I hope that's cheered you lot up.

Just had a cracking curry in Cardiff which has negated the doom somewhat.

It's Thai, right? Just hasn't caught on in most places stateside, I s'pose. I just find it interesting that it seems so popular in the UK. Possibly linked to the Old Empire's presence in Asia.

#notallBrits

Fair, although what I mean is that it comes up a lot. I can count the number of curries I've had on one finger.

I think we average about 40 per year in our house.

As much as I was devastated after Wednesday I am disgusted after watching that. A pathetic, limp performance.

How many more times before we learn that we just can't afford to drop Dicko? We are such a pedestrian side without him, and by the time he was brought on it was far too late. Afobe was left so isolated on his own, when he thrives on good service around him. It depresses me that year after year we still end up with Edwards, a likeable and hard working pro, but with little quality to justify us never improving on him in that position. Whilst McDonald was just as culpable in a poor performance as Edwards, it just stinks that anything was done to keep him on the pitch ahead of someone who is an actual centre midfielder and might offer us some quality on the ball going forwards. van la Parra and Ojo were equally frustrating, both showing glimpses of what they might be able to offer without actually delivering much at all.

An uncertainty and panic has been created at the back, which I feel has spread further up the field. Iorfa and Hause are terrified of receiving the ball and Ikeme (though he made some good saves) really cost us with a poor decision to come out for the cross which led to the goal. Stearman and Ebanks-Landell were OK without commanding and giving the team confidence.

The current attacking options around our forwards (Edwards, Henry, van la Parra, Ojo) have shown whether it be in recent seasons or currently that for our top six aspirations they are not enough. And we knew that before this game, so I guess there is little use bemoaning it.

It's Thai, right? Just hasn't caught on in most places stateside, I s'pose. I just find it interesting that it seems so popular in the UK. Possibly linked to the Old Empire's presence in Asia.

Vietnamese food is glorious, if you have the option/chance I would always go with it, if you're apprehensive about it, it's like Chinese but less grease and more flavour.

Back