• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Charlton matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team I posted earlier was spot on therefore I have no reason to not believe the rest of the info.

Who's supposedly come in for him, then? Fulham were after him last year weren't they?

No VLP either - have we accepted a bid from Leeds?

According to WM we've accepted a bid of £2m from Fulham for him. He doesn't want to leave and is annoyed tht Wolves have accepted the bid

That is *bizarre*. It's a low bid for who he is, we'd probably have to spend equal to or more than that to get an equivalent replacement, and he's clearly a player who gives a shit about playing for Wolves. And only a few days before the window closes!

Find it hard to believe we have sold him for 2 million, especially if he doesn't want to leave, that would be a ridiculous bit of business.

If that is the case, then we must have someone lined up to come in for him.

I don't believe the not happy bit, it makes no sense whatever on football grounds. It he's going it'll be because he wants the move. If WM are correct expect meltdown!

Surely if Stears doesn't want to leave, he can just not sign a contract for them? We can't force him to leave. Is this ridiculously naïve?

And I confess to being a bit disappointed with the team, but obviously happy to be proved wrong.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 1m1 minute ago
We'll get the official word on Stearman from Kenny afterwards but am told Fulham have bid £2m and it's been accepted.

If that is the case, then we must have someone lined up to come in for him.

Would sincerely hope so as Batth won't be ready for a few weeks & just leaves us with the youngsters who have very limited experience

Can't work out who captains that line up - Ikeme & Edwards the most experienced, but not a fan of goalkeepers doing it & Edwards game is built on being not where you expect him to be & moving around a lot. Not sure how you help organise the team doing that.

Stearman on the front of the matchday program too, ironically enough.

Edwards now fucking captain - what the hell is going on !!!

Stearman is a good Championship CH. He's not a Prem player and I'm not even sure he'd play for a team that won the Championship. But at £2m in today's market that's ridiculously good business for Fulham

I think we have been lacking a captain (leader) on the pitch for some time now, Batth does his best but not quite right for the role imo

He has been Captain before.

Some folk don't half get their pants in a twist over some trivial shit. A player I don't like is Captain...kill everyone and sack anyone that survives.

Stearman is a good Championship CH. He's not a Prem player and I'm not even sure he'd play for a team that won the Championship. But at £2m in today's market that's ridiculously good business for Fulham

Aye. Four, maybe even five would be much more reasonable.

I would actually guess we probably don't have anyone else coming in if he goes - three CBs, plus Iorfa can play there, is plenty of depth as it is. Just concerns me that it's a very disruptive thing to have one of the oldest players in a squad of mainly youngsters - who was player of the season last year - leave suddenly, especially as it's during a rocky patch for the defence as it is. And, of course, even if we'd still have depth there, we arguably don't have the quality we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back