• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Charlton matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its more the fact he brings little to the performance, and now as captain, he'll unlikely to be subbed !!

Stearman is as good as most CB's in this division and given our lack of experience especially at the back, it seems shortsighted in the extreme to let him go...especially at that price and to one of our rivals.

If he doesn't want to leave then he would just say that and it's all done and dusted and he plays today. The only way he doesn't play today is if he wants to leave or the club want him to leave.

Either way it's bonkers as he's currently our best defender and who would want to go to Fulham!?

Its more the fact he brings little to the performance, and now as captain, he'll unlikely to be subbed !!

No it doesn't.

Ricketts was captain last season. Guaranteed him a start every week did that.

Edwards has got it, simply based on being one of the senior, older players in the squad. Others who could have taken it - Golbourne, KMac and Afobe (based on he had it v Newport)

If he doesn't want to leave then he would just say that and it's all done and dusted and he plays today. The only way he doesn't play today is if he wants to leave or the club want him to leave.

Either way it's bonkers as he's currently our best defender and who would want to go to Fulham!?

Well, tbf, it means living in a bloody nice area, and they'll probably be able to pay more than us as they've got larger parachute payments...

Aye. Four, maybe even five would be much more reasonable.

I would actually guess we probably don't have anyone else coming in if he goes - three CBs, plus Iorfa can play there, is plenty of depth as it is. Just concerns me that it's a very disruptive thing to have one of the oldest players in a squad of mainly youngsters - who was player of the season last year - leave suddenly, especially as it's during a rocky patch for the defence as it is. And, of course, even if we'd still have depth there, we arguably don't have the quality we need.

I'm right in thinking this is the same Richard Stearman that was POTS last year? What the hell has happened in four games?

Ah I retract what I said - Spiers says Jackett has indicated someone will be coming in before the window closes.

Maybe we have decided that this would be his last season with us and £2m has persuaded us to end it now. We have to sign a replacement if he is off though. We cannot have EEL & Hause as our only fit CH's after 6pm Tuesday.

I'm starting the Lescott is coming home rumour........

Well, tbf, it means living in a bloody nice area, and they'll probably be able to pay more than us as they've got larger parachute payments...

All true but I'd expect Stearman to not go money chasing, especially as he is probably one of the better paid players being one of the only left from the PL days.

Maybe we have decided that this would be his last season with us and £2m has persuaded us to end it now. We have to sign a replacement if he is off though. We cannot have EEL & Hause as our only fit CH's after 6pm Tuesday.

Yep, as above. Are we still trying to cut down on wages?? You'd have thought we would want to offer him a new deal?

I am assuming that there is someone coming in as cannot see the logic otherwise in selling a player who was almost ever present last season (& this so far) in a defence that is far from settled

(NB just seen Prolo's post - hopefully that ia a replacement & is done & dusted if this all turns out to be accurate)

Pulis playing games today by starting him as well..

#lescottscominghome

The thoughts of Tim Spiers:

Kenny changed his line on transfers last week, went from 'no one coming in' to 'no one coming in before Saturday'. Working on something.

Hopefully for Wolves fans this is a case of Stearman weighing up his future and Kenny's decided to leave him out. We shall see.

I'm finding this hard to take in. 2m for our current captain and player of the season (won every award going)? I don't understand.

Even if say we have a replacement (Maguire not in Hull squad today) this team is getting younger and younger. I'm quite worried now.

Rumour I heard was James Collins from West Ham - weirdly a Norwich fan told me last week...

I'm finding this hard to take in. 2m for our current captain and player of the season (won every award going)? I don't understand.

Final year of his contract isn't it?

If we were planning on replacing him after this season, £2m is decent price. I wonder if the shaky defensive start has pushed forward our planning to replace him.

Someone on mm says stears is 1mil deal with 1mil addons and he's doubled his wage.

If we sell Stearman and get in James Collins I will be furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back