• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Chelsea weren't that effective despite the possession - they have problems as well

Can't sniff at a point away at a big six team.

Good to get a clean sheet and hope that is the start of us trying to build something. We have most of our players back and Jose now, so I'd just like to see some kind of vaguely convincing plan going forward.

And for people digging Donk out and 'why is he always in those positions', blame the manager. You may as well put Boly in that role in you want goals.

Feel a bit dirty watching my team shithouse their way to a point, but needs must and all that. On the plus side, we were resilient rather than lucky, and we got what we came for, but I don't want to have to see that kind of performance too often. I hope this is a turning point for us, now we've got a striker in.

Donk had a good chance at the end and I think every wolves fan stood up at the opportunity and then sat down again when they realised who was on the end of it.
You know Donk didn't actually kick the ball, the defender kicked it off him ?

.And for people digging Donk out and 'why is he always in those positions', blame the manager. You may as well put Boly in that role in you want goals.
I kind of agree with that, it’s not his skill set and we’re asking him to do something that he can’t really do. Should be the first player we upgrade this summer if we want to be a possession side that creates chances.

No soft goals or silly penalties.

I guess Nuno is like "right, if you're going to keep making stupid decisions this is how we'll play until you learn!"

I feel these kinds of results are part of our identity
Result or performance?

Once we got near the halfway line with the ball we were clueless. That's not the Wolves we've had under Nuno so far

Reactions: b3h
Clean sheet and a point. Decent from all three central defenders. A couple of glimpses of the hold up play that William Jose will bring.Great point with Burnley winning.

Well it wasn't pretty but job done, defended really well. Thought Semedo was tremendous, hope people stop going on about him being shit defensively.
Pity Neto or Donk couldn't finish their chances.
Hopefully see a more attacking game plan Saturday.

4 points against Chelsea is a good return.

Fully understand why we played like that and it felt good to finally get a clean sheet but hopefully we can be more progressive against Palace.

Great point, feels like a win for me, a clean sheet, so lets hope we can build on this, my heartbeat has slowed down now. Be honest guys we all would have took a draw two hours ago, espectally with all the hype over this new Chelsea manager. We have pissed on his welcoming party.

Ok.

Do not ever play without a striker again. We've tried it three times now and each time we have been awful.

We defended ok but against limited threat.

Were we deliberately going for a 0-0? Because that's not a good look and I don't want us doing that.

Willian looked ok when he came on.

Adama and Podence were both absolutely wank.

Kilman did ok.

I never want to talk about this game ever again.

Result or performance?

Once we got near the halfway line with the ball we were clueless. That's not the Wolves we've had under Nuno so far
Being sound defensively, we haven't had that for a while. It's not dissimilar to our first season but we had Jota & Jimenez regularly performing miracles, so I guess up to the half way line

To be fair to Donk, it was absolutely cracking work by CHO to get back.
Good effort by Hudson-Odoi but the first touch by Donck is poor. If he then fluffed the shot I'd understand people's point about attacking quality etc but he is good enough to control that in front of him rather than what he actually did.

Good point, good to be back to basics with a back three and we limited Chelsea to very little.

Kilman MOTM for me. Mountain all night.
Kilman is a sold Bennett-esque player. He played well tonight. I'm not sure he's good enough for where we want to go though, but time will tell

Ok.

Do not ever play without a striker again. We've tried it three times now and each time we have been awful.

We defended ok but against limited threat.

Were we deliberately going for a 0-0? Because that's not a good look and I don't want us doing that.

Willian looked ok when he came on.

Adama and Podence were both absolutely wank.

Kilman did ok.

I never want to talk about this game ever again.

Unusually negative for you mate. It's a good point.

Back