• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) 8/10 : Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"On player mood: "I spoke to the leadership group and we found out a bit more of what's been happening so we could make some changes."
Asked the players for some input? Sounds very 1996 HR policy to me.

Should have made them stand in the corner

Given it was all their fault I’m surprised you’re advocating canvassing opinions.
They're not useless but like everyone they have strengths and weaknesses, no harm in seeing their view of them.

Worked for Di Matteo - he let the players take the lead and won a CL from it.

If he plays Hwang then we know the Wolves social media team have got to him.

In all seriousness, fresh start for him. He has been bloody awful after his first 4-5 games but let's see what he can do now we don't have an idiot in charge. Like Guedes, surely he can't be as bad as he looks.

We need him to step up. It's going to be months where he'll be both our backup striker (behind a 33yo who's going to struggle to play 90 minutes each week at this level) and fighting Traore for third-choice wide attacker.

We need him to step up. It's going to be months where he'll be both our backup striker (behind a 33yo who's going to struggle to play 90 minutes each week at this level) and fighting Traore for third-choice wide attacker.
As of today our 33 year old is a 34 year old

I think that's what will happen tomorrow.

Which on the face of it isn't a bad team at all.
Generally with Nuno you usually got the feeling the team he put out was the 'right team'. Thats been totally absent for pretty much the whole of 2022.

In fairness to Lage (I don't like doing this), I'd say 7-8 times out of 10 he picked pretty much the right team. I mean, he never had *that* many options to pick from, often you'll get it right by default. But going right back to Brentford at home last season, if it wasn't working, he had no ability to change it. Norwich away, we were on top for 20-25 minutes (as you would bloody hope) then Smith made a change. Lage did zero to react. That never ever got any better.

Often he would make subs that superficially made sense but because of his shit instructions - genuinely, taking 10 minutes to make a sub while you witter on at him is just nonsense, and this kept happening, more than once we conceded while he was blabbering away - we nearly always got worse after making a change. We were nearly always worse directly after half time as well.

I don't think there's one occasion where I'd say he changed the game with his tactics or he did something with the starting XI that definitively changed the outcome. It was either pick the best team and then hope it went ok, or he'd pick a shit team and we'd lose.

Championship Manager 96/97 levels of engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back