• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) 8/10 : Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycophantia

Reaction score
Can't see one as yet.
Unlikely to have a manager/coach in place in time? So I guess Davis and Collins will be in charge and picking the team?
Who the hell replaces Neves?

................................Sa
Semedo.....Kilman......Toti.....Jonny
...............Moutinho.......Nunes
.....Traore........Podence......Guedes
........................... Costa

There aren't that many options. 3 into 2 with the full backs, surely Toti will play now we haven't got Lage being fucking weird (Collins will have worked with him a fair bit too), an either/or choice in CM between Boubacar and Joao. I'd rather not play Guedes but we're short on alternatives for now (Neto is out, surely).

Free swing, we were going to lose to nil under Lage anyway.

2021/22: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2019/20: L 2-5 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2018/19: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2016/17: L 0-2 (H, FAC)
2012/13: L 0-6 (A, LC)
2011/12: L 1-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2010/11: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 0-2 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2003/4: L 0-5 (H), L 2-5 (A)

I'd like to see Boubacar start TBH.
I would too but if Davis and Collins are in change they'll go with experience won't they? I suppose they might go Moutinho, Nunes, Traore in a 3 to start.

Last time we played at Stamford Bridge we were "managerless" with Tony Roberts in charge. No Coady to save us this time though.

Last time we played at Stamford Bridge we were "managerless" with Tony Roberts in charge. No Coady to save us this time though.
That's a point actually. I've been throwing out the stat that we got 5 points from losing positions under Lage (Villa, Chelsea, Norwich, sure there weren't any others). I'd forgotten that he wasn't even there!

We did actually play pretty well, deserved the point overall.

................... Sa

Jonny - Kilman - Toti - RAN

... Nunes - BT - Moutinho

.. Traore - Costa - Guedes

How have the U21/U18's been lining up recently? Do they still play 3 at the back like we were doing last season?

Could see us continuing to play that way this weekend if so given most of the squad is drilled in those patterns and it's what the coaches are used to.

Jonny - Kilman - Toti

Mostly four at the back for the U21s from what I can tell. No idea on the U18s.

If I'd stick Chem Campbell in rather than Guedes. The former was bright when he came on at West Ham and this is a free hit anyway.

Can't see one as yet.
Unlikely to have a manager/coach in place in time? So I guess Davis and Collins will be in charge and picking the team?
Who the hell replaces Neves?

................................Sa
Semedo.....Kilman......Toti.....Jonny
...............Moutinho.......Nunes
.....Traore........Podence......Guedes
........................... Costa
This is what I’d go for, but with RAN over Jonny.

This is what I’d go for, but with RAN over Jonny.
Just think Jonnys experience and better defensive qualities with young Toti.
I like Bears team too. The main issue for me is due to injuries/suspensions we haven't got much to change it up after 60/70 minutes. Doubt Costa and Mourinho can play 90 although Joao does seem to have a contract with the devil or vampire tendencies to be so fit at his age.

I think we'll see an upturn in a number of players form now.

I feel Guedes, Jonny, RAN, Sa, Neto (although injured, any news on that?) Moutinho, Podence and even Hwang are better than what they've shown in the last 10 games (creeping into last season) or so.

Guedes *has* to have more than he's shown so far, surely. I didn't like the look of him when I'd seen him for Portugal but he looks like an average Championship player so far. Like James Henry without the goals and assists.

But then we've had absolutely no attacking plan of any kind so far this season.

Sa is what he is, you'll get some brilliant stuff and some clown car stuff.

Little Liam mentioned that players weren't doing what was asked of them by Lage. Anyone got any thoughts on who/what he is referring or is it just as basic as not scoring goals or winning games?
If he had a problem with any player not carrying out instructions then they should have been immediately subbed.

Oops - Possibly the wrong thread.

I'll go with sycophantia's team.

I don't know names but he's being alluding to that on the podcast for a few weeks. We do have a Raul shaped hole though and Lage wasn't complementary about him when bigging up Costa last week

Little Liam mentioned that players weren't doing what was asked of them by Lage. Anyone got any thoughts on who/what he is referring or is it just as basic as not scoring goals or winning games?
Maybe they had the same problem as me and that they couldn’t decipher what Lage waving his arms around erratically on the touch line was supposed to mean tactically.

Maybe they had the same problem as me and that they couldn’t decipher what Lage waving his arms around erratically on the touch line was supposed to mean tactically.

Always reminds me of this

team-america-freaking-out.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back