• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear our main offensive strategy will be Neto and Traore firing in crosses and expecting Pod to win them... Hope not!
No - with those 3 need to keep it on the grass the whole time

Allow them to change places, which they can, & confuse

If Jose is on the bench has the work permit been obtained or is he just making up the numbers?

Not much poit if the latters the case.
He wouldn't be able to be named as a sub if he wasn't eligible to play

No - with those 3 need to keep it on the grass the whole time

Allow them to change places, which they can, & confuse
You and I know that, but unfortunately we haven't had much in our locker of late except hopeful crossing or running into blind alleys.

Let's hope for some more intelligent forward play tonight. Good to see Pod back anyway

Was the shape I thought we'd go, especially based on Fridays game. Just didn't expect Podence to be fit, which is a real bonus. Dendoncker and Neves is the right pairing for me.

Not got a huge issue with it, we will look to break against them, rather than building attacks and crossing in from deeper areas I imagine. Good that WJ is on the bench too.

You and I know that, but unfortunately we haven't had much in our locker of late except hopeful crossing or running into blind alleys.

Let's hope for some more intelligent forward play tonight. Good to see Pod back anyway
Agreed, but all 3 have to look at what they have and act accordingly

They are capable of doing that, but needs the brain engaged

Good to see Jose on the bench. Means we will probably get to see him.

Should probably be starting though? I guess if Podence wasn't fit then he would have been.

I bet he probably hasn't trained with the squad until today - bit late to change the gameplan that they'll have been working on the past few days.

Only flew into the UK last night apparently!

Didn’t he say earlier that he wasn’t in the Country and might not make the Palace game?
Club obviously kept it quiet. Not like Timmy and co can rock up at Compton these days

Happy with that so long as Neto and Traore don't play too wide or put speculative crosses in. Not much between Kilman and Saiss so makes sense to play Kilman as he has scope to improve.

I presume Neto will be taking corners. That should be an improvement. Maybe our new signing is just on the bench for a bit of team bonding?

I presume Neto will be taking corners. That should be an improvement. Maybe our new signing is just on the bench for a bit of team bonding?
See how the game is going I suppose! Podence may not be in a position to play the full game too

Don't see Podence doing the full 90 first game back - we will see who the replacement is

More pressure on Chelsea than on us. They are expected to dominate possession (probably will do) and win comfortably. The longer it stays 0-0 the more I fancy us to sneak a goal. Just don't capitulate if we go behind.

Saw Willian José on the bench and nearly did a sex wee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back