• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe to say Patty C is not part of the group really. He is just taking up a spot on the bench so the average age of our outfield players isn't 14 on there

Key tonight is making sure we don't give a goal away in the first 5-10 as we have done in the last few. If they get that goal it'll lift them and then we will be facing a rejuvenated team.

I can take losing if they're the better team. But if we gift them free goals/points? Not so much.

Doesn’t necessarily mean false 9 that line up. It also wouldn’t be too bad if we actually were able to keep the ball on the deck.

Chelsea tend to give us loads of space to even balls into channels on counter will be effective.

I’d rather it be Podence making a nuisance of himself and dropping deep rather than Silva losing all aerial duels, not keeping the ball and getting outpaced in the channels by everyone.

Willy J on the bench according to Timmy

EswOJN1XAAMaXB9

Podence is fit again and starting - not seen the full team yet

Surprised by Saiss’ expulsion.

Pleased with Donk/Neves.

Not sure what to make of the front three. I don’t think a false 9 works but great to see Podence back. Hopefully we are making a return to the counter attacking style!

Why dont Nuno put him straight in, it would give the team hope, and a lift.
Throwing a player right in at the deep end when you don't need to and when he doesn't know any of his teammates sounds like a good recipe for starting his career here off on the worst possible footing to me.

Good to see Jose on the bench. Means we will probably get to see him.

Should probably be starting though? I guess if Podence wasn't fit then he would have been.

Good to see Jose on the bench. Means we will probably get to see him.

Should probably be starting though? I guess if Podence wasn't fit then he would have been.
Very late arrival probably rules him starting. Guess as they weren't expecing the WP, all the planning was for how we start tonight and Nuno wasn't changing that

Surprised by Saiss’ expulsion.

Pleased with Donk/Neves.

Not sure what to make of the front three. I don’t think a false 9 works but great to see Podence back. Hopefully we are making a return to the counter attacking style!
I fear our main offensive strategy will be Neto and Traore firing in crosses and expecting Pod to win them... Hope not!

If Jose is on the bench has the work permit been obtained or is he just making up the numbers?

Not much point if the latters the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back