• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is based on nothing other than our form over the last 10 games and our 'performance' against Chorley.

Can we win tonight if we play properly? Yes.
Is it likely? Probably not

Will be delighted if we somehow get the three points. The gap between us and Leeds (in 12th) is getting wider by the day so we need a moral boosting win!
What about Chelsea's form though, it's not much better.

I think we can get something if we turn up, mind you I think that about every game other than City and Liverpool where I always think we need them to fuck up a bit.

Surprised to see people writing this game off. As for Tuchel having an immediate impact, I think he’s as likely to confuse them as inspire them, he needs time on the training pitch just line Nuno. If we cut out stupid unforced errors and get a bit of luck we can definitely get at least a point. A soft penalty and a deflected goal is just what we need in fact.

Maybe for once in the run up to a game let's just side-step personal digs and personality presumptions and concentrate on the football? (y)
"Sorry but BoJo has tainted optimists for me! :D don't see it as an unassailable badge of honour as it's viewed on here"
Agreed lets cutout the digs (y)

What about Chelsea's form though, it's not much better.

I think we can get something if we turn up, mind you I think that about every game other than City and Liverpool where I always think we need them to fuck up a bit.
Yeah, their form isn't much better, but that's where the new manager boost *could* come in. Equally, I've watched a few of their games and whilst they're not performing anywhere near the level they should be, they're still playing much better football than us.

Surprised to see people writing this game off. As for Tuchel having an immediate impact, I think he’s as likely to confuse them as inspire them, he needs time on the training pitch just line Nuno. If we cut out stupid unforced errors and get a bit of luck we can definitely get at least a point. A soft penalty and a deflected goal is just what we need in fact.
If the rumours are true it's not Tuchel being there that will make a difference to the performance, it's Lampard not being

Yeah, their form isn't much better, but that's where the new manager boost *could* come in. Equally, I've watched a few of their games and whilst they're not performing anywhere near the level they should be, they're still playing much better football than us.
I dunno mate, I watched them against 10 man Fulham (who lest we forget, have a whole 12 points to date) and they were rubbish. Forget the name, they're 10th on merit as it stands. It's a mid-table battle!

Can't see Tuchel having much impact, he won't even have taken a training session.

If he can get some of their star names' heads on straight it'll be a big test for our defence

My prediction is based on nothing other than our form over the last 10 games and our 'performance' against Chorley.

Is it likely? Probably not

Will be delighted if we somehow get the three points. The gap between us and Leeds (in 12th) is getting wider by the day so we need a moral boosting win!
My version is:
Is it likely? God knows! Hope it is fun finding out though

You are the 'beige' of football fans aren't you? But you are quite clever as you never fully commit to your dire outlook, and you always keep that escape route should, heaven forbid, we play well and win.
guess I'm a beige Wolves fan, although I prefer to label it, realistic with a dose of hope

what are the rumours?
No one tells me anything! :)
Usual big club power play stuff. He didn't get on with the director Granovskaia, he only had input on the Chilwell signing last summer, a couple of the stars didn't take to Frank and he consequently ignored players too. Cech helped Chelsea scout a replacement behind Frank's back.

Not sure how much of the above is true but it's all out there

Not saying it'll make a big difference, but he has taken a session, there's footage of it
not_aware_waynes_world.gif

Maybe he's a magician and he'll have taught Kovacic how to pass the ball forwards and everything.

I don't think it's a big factor for this one, there are as many teams where a new manager comes in and things stay the same or worse as this fabled "bounce".

Look at us, appointed Saunders, won 0 out of 9. Although you really do get what you deserve there.

Tuchel has certainly been fast-tracked. Can't think of another manager who's had such a quick turnaround from previous manager being sacked to being employed to taking a session to being in the dugout! Let alone during a global pandemic

not_aware_waynes_world.gif

Maybe he's a magician and he'll have taught Kovacic how to pass the ball forwards and everything.

I don't think it's a big factor for this one, there are as many teams where a new manager comes in and things stay the same or worse as this fabled "bounce".

Look at us, appointed Saunders, won 0 out of 9. Although you really do get what you deserve there.

Quite a few Chelsea fans seem to already be over Frank and were spaffing over 30 secs of Tuchel pointing and organising on the training pitch :rolleyes:

Our mid-season appointments in the last 30 years:

Taylor - beat Tranmere at home 2-1 (he'd been appointed when we played Bolton away and won 3-1 but Shirtliff was in charge)
McGhee - lost 1-0 at home to Port Vale, truly depressing stuff
Lee - won 6-1 at Bristol City! But his first game as permanent manager we lost 2-0 at Albion. No idea why we made that announcement on the morning of the game, just leave it
Jones - genuinely can't recall if he was actually in charge when we won 1-0 at Forest in the cup. If not then we drew 1-1 with Portsmouth
Hoddle - 1-1 at Watford, followed by a lot of other 1-1s (he was appointed before we played Millwall at home but not in charge - lost 1-0)
Connor (if you count him) - drew 2-2 at Newcastle. Go TC
Saunders - 1-1 with Blackburn, do not ever make me watch that game again unless you want me to confess to war crimes
Lambert - 0-0 at Preston. Christ. Followed up with a dreadful 0-2 at home to Wednesday

Thanks for motivating us all pre-game with that inspiring catalogue of mediocrity and failure! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back