• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 3 or 4 at the back tonight?

I think it will be 3 with the threat of Pulisic and Ziyech as advanced wide midfielders. It'll mean Silva might look isolated up front again though. Neto and Traore are going to have to have good games.

I think we'll go behind (again), but also fancy a late Cutrone headed equaliser. Don't know why, I just do.

Mentally I've already pretty much written this game off as a bonus. Our season starts IMO with Palace on Saturday and the Willian Jose era. Long may he reign.

Reactions: b3h

I think it will be 3 with the threat of Pulisic and Ziyech as advanced wide midfielders. It'll mean Silva might look isolated up front again though. Neto and Traore are going to have to have good games.

I think we'll go behind (again), but also fancy a late Cutrone headed equaliser. Don't know why, I just do.

Mentally I've already pretty much written this game off as a bonus. Our season starts IMO with Palace on Saturday and the Willian Jose era. Long may he reign.
Feels a lifetime ago, but we kick started our season against Palace last season too.

• Wow
Reactions: b3h
A big six side who are a bit off colour but still a free swing. I would love some points but I would also love a decent performance to set us up for the second half of the season that has largely been underwhelming. I would no three at the back. Massive faith put in Cutrone by Nuno yesterday so he may start! I would go 3 at the back and Saiss lwb
Rui
Samedo Donk Coady Boly Saiss
Neves Otosowie
Traore Cutrone Neto

that can line up 3412 or 3421.

I hope that we don’t defend zonal but we probably will. If so please do it properly. It’s a game I would take 00 but would love a good all round performance. If we don’t score first we are fucked as lightening will not strike twice I fear.

Four at the back, plus the wingbacks, Pauls 6-1-3 formation will be the talking point of football, might leave Neves a bit exposed but the wingbacks are instructed never to pass the half way line, remember the Dutch 'total football' of the 70's this is the opposite

I think it will be a back three with a midfield 3 behind Traore and Neto. Vitinha the only option to really play as the 'ten' though with MGW and Podence not fit yet (I think).

A big six side who are a bit off colour but still a free swing. I would love some points but I would also love a decent performance to set us up for the second half of the season that has largely been underwhelming. I would no three at the back. Massive faith put in Cutrone by Nuno yesterday so he may start! I would go 3 at the back and Saiss lwb
Rui
Samedo Donk Coady Boly Saiss
Neves Otosowie
Traore Cutrone Neto

that can line up 3412 or 3421.

I hope that we don’t defend zonal but we probably will. If so please do it properly. It’s a game I would take 00 but would love a good all round performance. If we don’t score first we are fucked as lightening will not strike twice I fear.
I would like to see that team, but i`ll stand drinks all round if Nuno picks it.

Agree with you here. I reckon he'll play three at the back (Boly-Coady-Saiss) with Neto & Adama either side of Silva up top. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself at the moment, apart from possibly central midfield where I would play Neves & Donk. Moutinho on the bench, I'm afraid.

I'm with you in having written this game off. I didn't hold much of a chance for anything before their new manager was appointed but since then I just don't see us getting anything. As you say, season starts v Palace. Hopefully Jose can come in and put a run together for us and we can go 4-5 games unbeaten. Would be a hell of a turn around.

This side and Nuno have surprised me before and they'll surprise me again, so you never know - we might turn them over. I doubt it though...

Supporting Wolves summed up.
Yep! It would take some swing in fortunes for us to go from our performance v Chorley to then win away at Stamford Bridge, with the same players.

Weird old season, though - so you never know!

Yep! It would take some swing in fortunes for us to go from our performance v Chorley to then win away at Stamford Bridge, with the same players.

Weird old season, though - so you never know!
Be a similiar swing from our performances v Cardiff/Huddersfield to beating Chelsea with the same players I guess.

I'm expecting nothing, would be delighted with a point & will be fucking annoyed when the expected happens

I’m more of an a optimist than some on here and think we have a reasonable chance of picking up a point tonight. With a bit of luck we could be quite easily be going into this game on a five game unbeaten league run. We’ve not been great but the rub of the green has gone against us.

If we play with pace, power, aggression and intent we have a chance.
If it is another outing for Backwards and Sideways FC then - as Cyber neatly summarises it - we're fucked

don't understand everyone writing the game off. neither do i understand the notion that a new manager means all the oppos players will perform at 120%. How many times at the end of a game where a new manage has come in does the camera pan across said new manager, with comms explaining he now knows exactly how much work is needed.

I’m more of an a optimist than some on here and think we have a reasonable chance of picking up a point tonight. With a bit of luck we could be quite easily be going into this game on a five game unbeaten league run. We’ve not been great but the rub of the green has gone against us.

Sorry but BoJo has tainted optimists for me! :D don't see it as an unassailable badge of honour as it's viewed on here, but each to their own.

Chelsea away is always hard, and I'd always take a point. I feel we'll do well to get one tonight, especially if our mentality is the same as recent games. Hoping for some kind of better performance more than anything.

:D don't see it as an unassailable badge of honour as it's viewed on here, but each to their own.
You are the 'beige' of football fans aren't you? But you are quite clever as you never fully commit to your dire outlook, and you always keep that escape route should, heaven forbid, we play well and win.

don't understand everyone writing the game off. neither do i understand the notion that a new manager means all the oppos players will perform at 120%. How many times at the end of a game where a new manage has come in does the camera pan across said new manager, with comms explaining he now knows exactly how much work is needed.
My prediction is based on nothing other than our form over the last 10 games and our 'performance' against Chorley.

Can we win tonight if we play properly? Yes.
Is it likely? Probably not

Will be delighted if we somehow get the three points. The gap between us and Leeds (in 12th) is getting wider by the day so we need a moral boosting win!

You are the 'beige' of football fans aren't you? But you are quite clever as you never fully commit to your dire outlook, and you always keep that escape route should, heaven forbid, we play well and win.
Maybe for once in the run up to a game let's just side-step personal digs and personality presumptions and concentrate on the football? (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back