• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The leader at the backs a bit overstated. Yes he shouts a lot but if he was such a great leader and organiser we wouldn’t be giving away awful goals every week
As I say, a lot of them are set pieces or second balls off set pieces. This is fundamentally a training and/or analysis issue (unless they're specifically picking up individual errors which don't seem immediately obvious in real time, it all seems like we've collectively lost the plot there to me tbh).

We have had phases like this before under Nuno, I think at the start of both his first two seasons it happened. It gets fixed, doesn't make it any less annoying. Wouldn't say it's a tick or a cross against Coady in that respect.

As I say, a lot of them are set pieces or second balls off set pieces. This is fundamentally a training and/or analysis issue (unless they're specifically picking up individual errors which don't seem immediately obvious in real time, it all seems like we've collectively lost the plot there to me tbh).

We have had phases like this before under Nuno, I think at the start of both his first two seasons it happened. It gets fixed, doesn't make it any less annoying. Wouldn't say it's a tick or a cross against Coady in that respect.

No I agree. I’m not saying it’s not a factor, it definitely is, but it’s not as important as being a great defender yourself etc.

He's the horse
Don't think so. He's got his faults but he's been the heart of the 3 man defence for a long while, and you don't get in the England squad if you are shit. We all know he's not so good in a 4, but i'm sure he can adapt to it.

Nuno will need to find somewhere for him though. It's not just his ball playing. He's the leader at the back.
He can stand behind the goal?

Before the Palace game (I think), Rio was analysing our defence and pointed out that actually we do have communication issues at the back, so I'm less sure Coady is really holding them together. I think he might be a part of the issue why we sit so deep tbh, although I love the bloke no less.

Lampard is set to be sacked later today.

Is this good or bad for us?!

Tuchel coming straight isn't great for us i think. Fans in the ground would have helped as I'm reasonably sure the sacking won't be popular with match going fans. As it is it'll be players looking to impress the new manager.

I think it can only be bad for us. They'll have a siege mentality now and it's likely Tuchel will be watching (maybe he'll even be in the stands?) so the players will want to put on a show for the new manager. Absolutely typical!

Pretty sure the “impress the new manager” thing has always been a bit of a myth. Same as “new manager bounce”.

Cba to find it, but I've seen evidence before of a temporary post manager sacking bounce

Cba to find it, but I've seen evidence before of a temporary post manager sacking bounce

I’m not sure about single game studies, or immediate change. But it was proven that normally it’s just change of luck/regression to mean.

Same as if Nuno was sacked today. We would probably do better in the next 9 games than the previous 9 even if there was no change in performance.

At least we all know that there’s no point in turning the tv on until the match kicks off. It’ll be an hour of pre-match discussion about Lamps/the new man, clearly.

we have plenty enough to think about with our own issues. I am not worried who is in charge. If we go to Chelsea and score first it will dent any confidence.

Could have been worse for us- there's talk that Chelsea were sniffing around Nuno as a replacement before settling on Tuchel.

Whoever comes in will likely only have two training sessions with the players anyway, that's if they even take charge - probably be an interim with the future manager in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back