• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Fred says. More pace, more movement, more aggression. But honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see it again from a Nuno team. Some team that doesn't include Moutinho and, sadly, Coady for me, as I think they're the two big culprits in slowing everything down. And obviously no place for the teenager who would have been an unused sub for Chorley last night

I'm torn over formation as while I think a back 4 is the way we need to go going forward to progress, we look very shaky playing it. The problem with the back 5 is we dont look like creating anything - see last night.

I think for this game we go with the back 5, try and keep things tight, and hopefully nick something.

Rui
Boly--Coady--Saiss
Semedo--Neves--Donk--Ait-Nouri
Traore--Silva--Neto

I'm torn over formation as while I think a back 4 is the way we need to go going forward to progress, we look very shaky playing it. The problem with the back 5 is we dont look like creating anything - see last night.

I think for this game we go with the back 5, try and keep things tight, and hopefully nick something.

Rui
Boly--Coady--Saiss
Semedo--Neves--Donk--Ait-Nouri
Traore--Silva--Neto

TBH, I think that will be the team we go for

I think we are in trouble and this run of 4 games I can't see us getting any more than 3 points. Any more than that is a bonus for me.

Official Wolves site says Jose won’t be available for this. So we’ve got one more game to endure with Fabio up top.

Think they've scored quite a lot from set pieces, 2nd most in the league maybe?
I wasn't looking at the stats, just the players who are starting at the moment for them with Giroud and Zouma not in. I guess they may play both though given where our weaknesses lie.

Researching it they've scored 8 goals from set pieces. Wolves are joint top with 9, which is a surprise

It says ‘expects’, doesn’t seem definite - best I can hope is that is sensible as it will influence Chelsea’s planning.

Lampard is under pressure, i hope he cracks under it, providing we raise our game. I would rip your arm off for a draw at the moment. Palace next Saturday has suddenly become a must win.

I'm also torn about formation, for me we only seem to have any success in forward and midfield positions lately when we play 4-2-3-1and it seems to suit Silva better, but we're so poor at the back atm that I'm not sure we can afford not to have an extra CB in there

Really can’t wait for Jonny to come back
The more options the better, and Jonny was a quality player, but I feel we're fooling ourselves constantly looking for saviours. Boly and Donk were saviours when they were out too, Podence is one too.

The real saviour is the Nuno of old. When does he come back!? :D

The more options the better, and Jonny was a quality player, but I feel we're fooling ourselves constantly looking for saviours. Boly and Donk were saviours when they were out too, Podence is one too.

The real saviour is the Nuno of old. When does he come back!? :D
I dont want the old Nuno back I want the new Nuno, playing more on the front foot with pressing and attacking etc.. :)

Patriio
Semedo Boly Saiss Ait Nouri
Dendoncker Neves
Traore Vitinha Neto
Silva
This for me, although I'm not sure whether to go for Coady/Boly instead.

I can see the logic of going back to three CBs, but the way we're playing it at the moment makes my eyes bleed. I don't want to see three CBs, two CMs and a defensive WB passing around on the half way line any more. Let's try and win some games.

I dont want the old Nuno back I want the new Nuno, playing more on the front foot with pressing and attacking etc.. :)
When I say the old Nuno, I mean a manager who is confident, knows what his team is about, plays to their strengths and gets results

I think what they need, and what everybody needs is life to get back to normal. This team and ethos is built on family and doing everything together, that includes together with the fans. All of that is missing right now, and it's knocked everyone for 6. It isn't just our team. Lots of teams are suffering in the same way. I don't expect anything to change until it gets a little more back to normal, and we need to just mackle through the season and reset.

I think what they need, and what everybody needs is life to get back to normal. This team and ethos is built on family and doing everything together, that includes together with the fans. All of that is missing right now, and it's knocked everyone for 6. It isn't just our team. Lots of teams are suffering in the same way. I don't expect anything to change until it gets a little more back to normal, and we need to just mackle through the season and reset.
I agree with some of your observations, but I don't feel comfortable abdicating a professional football club of much of their responsibility and expectations.

Of course some teams have been hit harder than others, but look at the table... it isn't that weird.

To a degree, don't we judge the mettle of a team and manager by how they cope with adversity?

I agree with some of your observations, but I don't feel comfortable abdicating a professional football club of much of their responsibility and expectations.

Of course some teams have been hit harder than others, but look at the table... it isn't that weird.

To a degree, don't we judge the mettle of a team and manager by how they cope with adversity?
On the latter we do, but the current adversity is way more than most will have ever experienced in their lifetimes. It's a total head fuck, and it's affecting a lot of people in ways we didn't think possible in modern daily life.

On the latter we do, but the current adversity is way more than most will have ever experienced in their lifetimes. It's a total head fuck, and it's affecting a lot of people in ways we didn't think possible in modern daily life.
I dunno, for every Sheff Utd or Wolves (or even Liverpool and Chelsea if you're gonna stretch the point) underachieving there's a Man Utd, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham and Villa overachieving. If we were in the latter group I bet we'd hardly be mentioning covid

It certainly has a big effect I'm sure, yesterday I was very much looking forward to the game but having read the 'covid news' late afternoon, I was really struggling to have any interest, almost didn't bother watching at all....not like me at all.

I dunno, for every Sheff Utd or Wolves (or even Liverpool and Chelsea if you're gonna stretch the point) underachieving there's a Man Utd, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham and Villa overachieving. If we were in the latter group I bet we'd hardly be mentioning covid
You have to look at the teams make up i guess. Wolves certainly have a togetherness that makes them tick. Like a team bond which includes the fans. Playing now is souless, in souless stadiums. It's almost become pointless, apart from a pay cheque every week. This is my opinion, so don't shoot me. It's what i can see through my own eyes and ears.

It certainly has a big effect I'm sure, yesterday I was very much looking forward to the game but having read the 'covid news' late afternoon, I was really struggling to have any interest, almost didn't bother watching at all....not like me at all.
I'm not being unsympathetic, or expecting it to make no difference, but there's a difference between you or me feeling apathetic sat at home and highly paid professional football players/managers.

Especially when, as I've highlighted, some other clubs, players and managers are still performing well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back