• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly has a big effect I'm sure, yesterday I was very much looking forward to the game but having read the 'covid news' late afternoon, I was really struggling to have any interest, almost didn't bother watching at all....not like me at all.
Exactly! Same shit everyday, no looking forward to anything. It's affecting life in more ways than anyone could imagine right now. It's almost like being in the war, with no seeming end to it, but obviously not in the same time span.

You have to look at the teams make up i guess. Wolves certainly have a togetherness that makes them tick. Like a team bond which includes the fans. Playing now is souless, in souless stadiums. It's almost become pointless, apart from a pay cheque every week. This is my opinion, so don't shoot me. It's what i can see through my own eyes and ears.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion mate and have explained it well.

I think our difference is more that I can see the problems too but feel like I'd want the best manager in my lifetime and some of the best players to find a way through it rather than succumb to inertia, despair and timid football! I don't mean to be harsh, but if we consider them an exceptional group then holding them to high standards isn't an insult

You're certainly entitled to your opinion mate and have explained it well.

I think our difference is more that I can see the problems too but feel like I'd want the best manager in my lifetime and some of the best players to find a way through it rather than succumb to inertia, despair and timid football! I don't mean to be harsh, but if we consider them an exceptional group then holding them to high standards isn't an insult
Agreed, because you have an opinion too. I want what you want, but i think the times we are going through we have to give Nuno and the team a bit of slack. It will come good i'm sure of it.

Agreed, because you have an opinion too. I want what you want, but i think the times we are going through we have to give Nuno and the team a bit of slack. It will come good i'm sure of it.
The season is still in flux, there'll be plenty to chew over when it ends.
Hopefully there are plenty of green shoots of progress, a well deserved rest for Nuno and everyone at the club, a joined up transfer and playing strategy and the prospect of fans back in the stadium for 21/22

I'm not being unsympathetic, or expecting it to make no difference, but there's a difference between you or me feeling apathetic sat at home and highly paid professional football players/managers.

Especially when, as I've highlighted, some other clubs, players and managers are still performing well
Is there a big difference though?, between me and pro footballers dealing with the mental issues of this horrible disease, not sure myself.
The fact that some teams are doing worse than they should automatically means other teams will benefit

Is there a big difference though?, between me and pro footballers dealing with the mental issues of this horrible disease, not sure myself.
The fact that some teams are doing worse than they should automatically means other teams will benefit
Well they probably miss the fans and the edge a full stadium gives a match, but fans can also put pressure on and be abusive, of course.

They don't really have money worries, lack of job security or anything though (compared to your average citizen anyway) and still have the structure of training and games in their lives, and the camaraderie of each other every week.

They don't have it too bad compared to my mum who's been shielding on her own for nearly 12 months or my mate who was made redundant from a job he'd had for 18 years on NYE!

I'm not being unsympathetic, or expecting it to make no difference, but there's a difference between you or me feeling apathetic sat at home and highly paid professional football players/managers.

Especially when, as I've highlighted, some other clubs, players and managers are still performing well
We've definitely underperformed. I'd argue that some teams (Southampton, Everton, Man Utd, Spurs) we are looking at as good examples have been slightly fortunate to have the points they have at this stage and I don't think it's sustainable but it doesn't change the fact that we have seen a drop off - in all areas.

Villa are a good example of a team who managed to turn this round in their favour, annoyingly. Sorted their defence out, got Grealish playing like a world beater, and added some solid players last summer.

CM a big problem atm IMO. I've been wondering if moving Saiss back in might be an option. He and Neves dovetailed well before and know each other's games, and they know how to play with the WBs. Might leave us exposed with a lack of mobility, mind.

Something like

Patricio
Hoever Coady Boly
Semedo Saiss Neves Ait Nouri
Traore Silva Neto​

Call me wild, I'd play Donck as the sweeper
CM a big problem atm IMO. I've been wondering if moving Saiss back in might be an option. He and Neves dovetailed well before and know each other's games, and they know how to play with the WBs. Might leave us exposed with a lack of mobility, mind.

Something like

Patricio
Hoever Coady Boly
Semedo Saiss Neves Ait Nouri
Traore Silva Neto​
This is partially my thinking too but, although we haven't done it for a while, I'd rather Leander was playing CB instead of Hoever. He's reminding me a lot of Eric Dier at the moment.

Chelsea have been wobbling a bit too, and without the backing of their silly fans with their pathetic songs, we can certainly beat them

Rui Patricio
Boly Coady Saiss
Samedo Otasowie Neves RAN
Traore Silva Neto.
I really wanted to put Cutrone in but his performance against Chorley was a #headsgone ,so reluctantly Silva stays.

who plays right cb or left cb should be a non issue, just do your job as cb and we are fine

Last edited:
Donks not a centre back, he doesn’t have the awareness of runners, or the instincts to move towards danger that good career centre backs have.

hes a midfielder who can tackle and is good in the air - he’s not a centre back.

‐---------------------Rui------------------
--------Boly--------Coady--------Kilman
Semado-----Dendonker---Neves----RAN
Traore------‐--------------------------------------Neto
‐-------------------------Silva/Willan------------------

Donks not a centre back, he doesn’t have the awareness of runners, or the instincts to move towards danger that good career centre backs have.

hes a midfielder who can tackle and is good in the air - he’s not a centre back.
Don’t agree with that at all. He reads the game fine at CB and did very well last year.

Don’t agree with that at all. He reads the game fine at CB and did very well last year.
Donk at RCB with Boly at LCB would be very good, but likely to mean Neves and Moutinho in CM. Not so keen on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back