• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reece James is like Elokobi but more mobile
I don't think you could get further apart in playing styles ha! James is fantastic technically. Elokobi could barely pass over 5 yards.

Beat them with 3 at the back and a midfield 2 of Donck and Neves a month and a half ago.
Didn't Donk come off at half-time? And Fabio wasn't even on the pitch when we scored our two goals.

I think in this game we had Pod just behind Fab (later Adama) and Neto, so three or four at the back not an issue then.

It's when we play three at the back and two forwards either side of Fabio that it doesn't work, for me

Chopping around with the formation isn't going to stop us being terrible at defending set plays, which is for the most part where we're conceding far too many opportunities and goals. I don't know how we've managed to start messing that up but we have.

I don't think you could get further apart in playing styles ha! James is fantastic technically. Elokobi could barely pass over 5 yards.
Fantastic technically? He just have pace and power and is very unpolished type of player..he can get far though if he IMPROVES his techical abilities

Chopping around with the formation isn't going to stop us being terrible at defending set plays, which is for the most part where we're conceding far too many opportunities and goals. I don't know how we've managed to start messing that up but we have.
that is true for most teams, sticking with the same shape usually creates stability

Yep, there's no point playing three at the back because we feel it's more 'defensive' and then losing 1-0 anyway. I'd rather flirt with the possibility of actually scoring goals and potentially winning 2-1

Fantastic technically? He just have pace and power and is very unpolished type of player..he can get far though if he IMPROVES his techical abilities
You really haven't seen him play often if you are throwing out the pace and power stereotype at Reece James ffs

You really haven't seen him play often if you are throwing out the pace and power stereotype at Reece James ffs
sorry to say, i have seen many games this season when he has played

Quite hard to predict how Chelsea will line up. Surprised Reece James is starting today when he's only just had a muscle injury.

Mendy
Azpilicueta Rudiger Silva Chilwell
Jorginho Kovacic
Ziyech Mount Hudson-Odoi
Giroud​

Mount always plays no matter what for some reason. Werner is out of favour and he doesn't seem to have worked out how to use Havertz.
If they want to send Turbo Timmy or Havertz to us for a nominal fee I’d take them ;)

You have some of the worst takes I've read on here Fred and boy that can be a high bar

Regardless of who or how we play... We're bloody due a clean sheet in the league sometime soon!

You have some of the worst takes I've read on here Fred and boy that can be a high bar
Really? I just think he isnt very good in footballing technique, the comparison to Elokobi was a bit harsh, i get that...dont understand what you are watching if you cant see that

Quite hard to predict how Chelsea will line up. Surprised Reece James is starting today when he's only just had a muscle injury.

Mendy
Jorginho Kovacic
Ziyech Mount Hudson-Odoi
Giroud​

Mount always plays no matter what for some reason. Werner is out of favour and he doesn't seem to have worked out how to use Havertz.
Hope they decide to play Kepa!

(Just noticed Paddy beat me to it on another thread!)

Mendy
Jorginho Kovacic
Ziyech Mount Hudson-Odoi
Giroud​

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start Abraham after scoring at least 2 today, but was when he didn't play at Molineux after scoring a hat trick the year before

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start Abraham after scoring at least 2 today, but was when he didn't play at Molineux after scoring a hat trick the year before
Yeah and I only just realised Giroud had a knock recently I think which is why he's only back in the squad today so you may be right.

Patricio
Boly - Coady - Saiss
Semedo - Neves - Donk - RAN
Traore - Jose - Neto​
Would have Kilman over Saiss and perhaps switch Neto and Traore. Expect Silva to start and better for the wings to cut inside and shoot then to squander a cross. That would leave room for our wb as well.

RAN need to step up, Semedo has been better last few games, Boly and Coady we know should be solid. Saiss has to play instead of Kilman if not just for the goalthreat he brings. Think it will be Neves and Donk in the middle as Neves was a sub..Neto and Traore, toss up between WJ och FS up top..

Willian isn't going to be available, we won't have the paperwork in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back