• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea Build up and Matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple fact is 7th is not guaranteed Europe. 6th is, and with a possibility it will mean automatically into the group stage. It would be awesome to have that safely in the bag before re-commencing the Europa campaign.

Don't quite get the nerves thing. Going into Monday was more tense as we absolutely couldn't afford to drop more points, victory was expected and all kinds of permutations were up in the air (at kick off, we weren't even guaranteed to finish above Sheff Utd or Burnley). We did win then Arsenal managed to rule themselves out of the equation so all good.

Here we're 100% going to finish either 6th or 7th and we can't do anything about the cup final next week.

I don't think there's all that much riding on it in the grand scheme of things. I mean, we have two games currently scheduled and this is the least important one by some distance...

Aye, not particularly nervous here either. We're 7th in all probability, and so the fa Cup final is more important to us than this game!

Think Chelsea would have to be quite 'off it' for us to win today, and I doubt they will be.

Bet365 have us at 5/4 to finish top 6 but 7/2 to win today. I know I'm biased, but 7/2 seems rather generous to me.

Just looking forward to watching us play and hoping we win to get them back for that awful show earlier in the season. Olympiacos is the game I’m nervous about.

Bet365 have us at 5/4 to finish top 6 but 7/2 to win today. I know I'm biased, but 7/2 seems rather generous to me.

4/1 on Betfair. The bet I've had is 5/2 Wolves with the draw no bet

I expect Spurs to drop points today. They have the easier game by far but not winning would be a very Spurs thing to do.

My fear is that they draw, we lose, and we miss out on goal difference.

Don't quite get the nerves thing. Going into Monday was more tense as we absolutely couldn't afford to drop more points, victory was expected and all kinds of permutations were up in the air (at kick off, we weren't even guaranteed to finish above Sheff Utd or Burnley). We did win then Arsenal managed to rule themselves out of the equation so all good.

Here we're 100% going to finish either 6th or 7th and we can't do anything about the cup final next week.

I don't think there's all that much riding on it in the grand scheme of things. I mean, we have two games currently scheduled and this is the least important one by some distance...

yes, return game against Olympiakos is very important..good chance after 1-1 in the first game..

I expect Spurs to drop points today. They have the easier game by far but not winning would be a very Spurs thing to do.

Agreed, but getting into the EL and winning it is a very Mourinho thing. I can see him winning their first trophy in a couple of decades and saying that makes him a better manager than Poch

Slightly nervous, but want some revenge from our worst defeat (as far as the score)

Spurs are capable of fecking up, but we can only have any influence on our game. Just hope that we really 'compete' as Nuno always wants - we can do no more

The lamb is on. Beers in the fridge. It will be what it will be, but I believe we can win.

Definitely nervous here. Guaranteed European football next season would mean so much.

I think we're really evenly matched with Chelsea to be honest. It's going to be a really interesting game which could go either way.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

No nerves at all here, quietly confident, but major major decision made, roast lamb dinner postponed until much later it's still 38c here at 4.45 pm.

Season is done whatever happens here so no panic attacks until kickoff, I have us in a few local bets here to be 3-1 winners versus the " whitebait" as they are known here, or rather "Gavros" which is a kinda Greek whitebait..

I’m nervous but my expectations are low, Chelsea are a better team than us right now so it would be a hell of an achievement if we beat them. Whatever happens we’ve had a brilliant season.

Serious matter ....picks during the game as lamb postponed, ...mixture of fresh mussels and prawns, with a soy based and a sweetchilli based sauce and brown bread for nibbles ... And a couple of well chilled tinnies,. CYW!!!!!

Naw, I think Chelsea can be a better team than us at times, but we are at least an equal, that said, I think it'll be a draw

Naw, I think Chelsea can be a better team than us at times, but we are at least an equal, that said, I think it'll be a draw
Combined 11 in a 343
Rui
James
Azpi
Coady
Boly
Jonny
Kante
Neves
Traore
Raul
Pulisic
7/4 to us with the usual bias towards your own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back