• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Clarke, Cassidy & Other player news

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Both released

Liam Mac 1 year option take up.

Jake Cassidy -

CEY-8JdWoAAokdA.jpg

New 2 year deal for Zele and 1 year deal for Hunte

New 2 year deal for Zele and 1 year deal for Hunte

Appears they signed the deals ages ago

"Ismail signed a two-year contract before his loan spell at Notts County, which ties him to Wolves to next summer with another year’s option for the club.

But the club have only announced it now, similarly with fellow wide man Hunte, who signed a new contract in January which ties him to the club until next summer."

Drove past the pitch where Cassidy played before he joined us - unbelievable difference. It's like playing over West Park!

Leon Clarke has gone...... SCENES

How much would Clarke have been on?

Him, Sako and Doyle leaving must clear up a decent amount on the wage bill, whilst Johnson and Foley left in January!

I would say with JOH gone as well the club will be nearly £200K per week better off next season than this.

But with the parachute money gone probably only net £75K per week better off and with at least two of them to replace I wouldn't be expecting the bank to be broken.

We still have parachute money this summer. Final year of it.

We still have parachute money this summer. Final year of it.

I thought we only had 3 years of it, how much is it for next season?

And in which case that £200K pw is looking very healthy.

£8m basic, once you add in the "solidarity" money because clubs that should be in receipt of it have gone back up there's another £1m or so on top as well.

I thought that we had one more year of the parachute money.

Fair play to Jake Cassidy. I wasn't an admirer based on what I saw of him in a Wolves shirt but he must be showing something in training and in his loan spells at other clubs. I hope that he gets a deal elsewhere and is successful.

Oh and good riddance Leon. Shite first time and shite second time, absolute rubbish.

Perhaps the 3rd time he comes to us will be different ??? !!!

Good to see we've kept zele. Looked like he was doing ok at county before he got injured.

Oh and good riddance Leon. Shite first time and shite second time, absolute rubbish.

I thought he was shiter the second time round :) assuming there is a descending scale of shiteness ?

Back