• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Clarke, Cassidy & Other player news

He was thinner this time and had a bit less of an attitude, that was the only difference. Such a brainless fuck of a footballer, he has no idea where to run, how to create space, how to offer an option, he has never learned. He is awful.

He was thinner this time and had a bit less of an attitude, that was the only difference. Such a brainless $#@! of a footballer, he has no idea where to run, how to create space, how to offer an option, he has never learned. He is awful.

Surely worth it for the winner vs Leeds?! :)

Nah, made no difference in the end. Plus he was a big part of the reason we lost so many games in November. He's so far from being Dicko that it destroyed our midfield.

Nah, made no difference in the end. Plus he was a big part of the reason we lost so many games in November. He's so far from being Dicko that it destroyed our midfield.
+1

He was thinner this time and had a bit less of an attitude, that was the only difference. Such a brainless $#@! of a footballer, he has no idea where to run, how to create space, how to offer an option, he has never learned. He is awful.
and another +1

He was and still is absolute shite

+1

and another +1

He was and still is absolute $#@!e

I never want to hear the words "Leon Clarke is the Wanderers number 9 again"... Coming to think of it, I never wanted to hear that in the first place!

Clarke was a poor signing who didn't work out and was a waste of money. However, I think people have always gone OTT with the criticism of him due to who he is rather than the player he is - I don't think he was that big a part of the utter dirt we served up during our poor run. That was more to do with shockingly bad defending leaking awful goals all over the shop. Laying plenty of blame at Clarke's door is unfair - he's as culpable as plenty of other players for that. Much less culpable than the likes of Doherty, McDonald and Batth who were dreadful in that disastrous run.

Anyhow - it doesn't alter the fact that he was crap, won't be missed and was one of the few failures of Jackett's reign thus far. Releasing him is an absolute no brainer.

Ditto Cassidy. As natural a finisher as Stephen Hawking.

Clarke had a few games where he didn't look completely awful. He did much more than just score the winner vs Leeds, he actually changed the game. Holding the ball up, laying it off and bringing Jacobs, Henry and van La Parra into the game.

Happy he's gone though. I'm still stunned that we actually paid money for him in the first place.

Clarke was a poor signing who didn't work out and was a waste of money. However, I think people have always gone OTT with the criticism of him due to who he is rather than the player he is - I don't think he was that big a part of the utter dirt we served up during our poor run. That was more to do with shockingly bad defending leaking awful goals all over the shop. Laying plenty of blame at Clarke's door is unfair - he's as culpable as plenty of other players for that. Much less culpable than the likes of Doherty, McDonald and Batth who were dreadful in that disastrous run.

Anyhow - it doesn't alter the fact that he was crap, won't be missed and was one of the few failures of Jackett's reign thus far. Releasing him is an absolute no brainer.

Ditto Cassidy. As natural a finisher as Stephen Hawking.

The ball not sticking up front, meaning our midfield was often out of shape and left our defence massively exposed didn't help though.

The ball not sticking up front, meaning our midfield was often out of shape and left our defence massively exposed didn't help though.

I don't disagree, I'm not saying he was completely blameless.

I don't disagree, I'm not saying he was completely blameless.

He is also to blame for UKIP being popular, the shitty weather and that the Penn Road McDonalds never has any Double Cheeseburgers..

Much less culpable than the likes of Doherty, McDonald and Batth who were dreadful in that disastrous run.

Ricketts as well.

By my calculations, from the eleven games he started for us and Swindon this season, his side have let in twenty-nine goals. Some going, that.

Very glad to have him on the coaching staff, mind you. Leon lacks any such value off the field, is total crap, and will never make it back to this level.

I wish Cassidy well.

He is also to blame for UKIP being popular, the shitty weather and that the Penn Road McDonalds never has any Double Cheeseburgers..

And the Iraq war, and me not being served despite waiting for 20 minutes starting at half time during the Bristol City game last season.

Ricketts as well.

By my calculations, from the eleven games he started for us and Swindon this season, his side have let in twenty-nine goals. Some going, that.

Very glad to have him on the coaching staff, mind you. Leon lacks any such value off the field, is total crap, and will never make it back to this level.

I wish Cassidy well.

Ricketts had decent/good games when he played but our defence got torn a new one when he did. It was a bit odd

And the Iraq war, and me not being served despite waiting for 20 minutes starting at half time during the Bristol City game last season.

Nah, that Doherty's fault

Ricketts as well.

I wish Cassidy well.

Clarke did more for us than Cassidy. I don't particular wish either of them ill, I'm just pleased they're going as they're nowhere near good enough.

Back