• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I know, I think the council areas used for lockdown make the most sense which I appreciate has its own imperfections, I live in Derby but South Derbyshire is a minute walk away.
Similarly I'm in Bolsover but next two closest towns of any note would be in Amber Valley and Ashfield respectively, I think.

Just had a little stroll through part of Durham, not exactly heaving but considerably busier than anything I saw in York the last few days. Plenty of people milling around and bars look like they're doing alright, some even spilling out onto the street.

Not many local accents to be heard though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54457377

Kuenssberg being briefed means it's going to happen but the thing is this time people will not just go "ah, that's the way it has to be". They just won't.

I live on my own. I see THREE people socially in the entire world at the moment - my Dad (63, in good health, no underlying conditions), my younger brother and my girlfriend. They all also live alone. You want to stop me from seeing any of them then you'd better have a fucking good reason, not "just because". I've got mates I haven't seen since February/March, I've seen my best mate once in that time and that hurts but I go along with it. I'm not prepared to stop seeing people I love and depend on, fuck off.

I've got bipolar disorder, you lock me away for no good cause then there are very likely to be consequences.

back in march, I think a lot of people were genuinely surprised at the extent to which the public did follow the stay at home message. There was a pretty significant adopting of staying at home, and social distancing. And people did try to make the best of the situation.

However, that message has been far too frequently undermined, especially with conflicting and contradictory policies (with a lack of any proper roadmap, as we have discussed previously).I've been made to return to on site working, and there is no reason for me to be so, as I am working without having any contact with anyone, bar the single person I have to share an office with. Nothing that I am doing cannot be done from home. Yet I have to go in, because I have a manager who wants to be seen to be towing the party line.

Found out today that virtually every other team has been classed as office workers. An email was circulated to every team except ours giving them the choice to WFH or continue to come into work. Would you fucking believe that 100% of respondents started working from home again?

It became common knowledge today that other teams no longer have to go onto site. So I'm having to put myself in a risky situation because someone else is so vain they think me being on site will improve their career prospects. Meanwhile, they have decided to WFH for the next 2 fucking weeks.

Zahawi absolutely dying on his arse on breakfast. Fucking bunch cretins.

There is no scientific advice on the 10pm curfew. Or if there is, the Government are steadfastly refusing to hand it over. Hence there'll be a judicial review into it.

Apparently, MPs were briefed yesterday that 25% of transmissions could be attributed to the hospitality sector. By 6.15 this morning it had risen to 30%. I can only assume the increase can only be because someone didn't carry over a cell in their spreadsheet and they're not making it up.

Apparently, MPs were briefed yesterday that 25% of transmissions could be attributed to the hospitality sector. By 6.15 this morning it had risen to 30%. I can only assume the increase can only be because someone didn't carry over a cell in their spreadsheet and they're not making it up.
If that's referring to the same thing I've seen, it's an exposure chance, not a transmission rate. I think. I couldn't tell and only skimmed it.

I can only speak for what the good lady and I have done since everything re-opened (and I went to watch the Sheff Utd game with Kenny), but with the measures in place I don't see where the risk is if you're in a place that is run properly and where the rules are enforced - as they have been, everywhere we've been.

I accept there will be pubs and people who don't give a fuck.

I’m sat in a pub now that is correctly socially distanced and with clear rules to follow. Feel safer in here than in Morrisons.

Thought I'd seen hospitality infection rates at ~3% recently..?

Thought I'd seen hospitality infection rates at ~3% recently..?
I'd heard 5%. I went for a couple of beers this afternoon. The place was well managed and complied with all of the current guidelines.

NHS being told to NOT do any contact tracing for infections in education settings.

Not that they're trying to deny that schools are breeding grounds for Covid, or anything...

b126493e2e8cbe8b4f7820bd614c60bf.jpg

So I live in Nottingham (yes, I know), been back at work for three weeks, my girlfriend had a sniffle and a slight change in her sense of taste, so got a test on Friday.

Today her test comes through positive and I have to come out of work and now isolate for 12 days, which kind of screws my work over as I work for an independent company, and I've also hardly seen my kids since I've been back at work anyway, and now have another fortnight without them...

So essentially I've come on here to overshare and feel sorry for myself!

That is crap mate, sorry to hear that!

Thanks, I don't even have any Wolves games to distract me for over a week ffs

Sorry to hear that prawn, that sucks.

Hope it passes quickly for you

So I live in Nottingham (yes, I know), been back at work for three weeks, my girlfriend had a sniffle and a slight change in her sense of taste, so got a test on Friday.

Today her test comes through positive and I have to come out of work and now isolate for 12 days, which kind of screws my work over as I work for an independent company, and I've also hardly seen my kids since I've been back at work anyway, and now have another fortnight without them...

So essentially I've come on here to overshare and feel sorry for myself!

So sorry mate hope everything resolves itself satisfactorily Paul x

Thanks all, really appreciate it.

I have absolutely no symptoms and she just has basically a minor cold, hopefully that's all we get.

It's a contagious little bugger though, we've been as careful as we could, although obviously Nottingham is a bit of a danger area atm.

Hope you all keep well during this wave

All the best Prawnking to you and your other half.

Mrs Lincs had a notification from the app saying she needed to check the app.

Check the app, nothing.

Turns out this is a glitch which is as yet unfixable.

Dread to think how much alarm, anxiety and distress these notifications cause.

Back