• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Australia has very few cases too.
Taking the view of a poster on here that was because they turned homes into prisons for months on end in some places. So small amount v killing off the mental health and wellbeing of its citizens

Adelaide is into strict lockdown this week over 38 cases. Somewhat different approach in Oz. And indeed different states within. My brother says life pretty much as normal in Queensland.

Never forget that this is what Tubbs wants above all else. Be the hero, get his headlines, be forever The Man Who Saved Christmas.

Crazy.

EnOCVpGXMAER6bY

Adelaide is into strict lockdown this week over 38 cases. Somewhat different approach in Oz. And indeed different states within. My brother says life pretty much as normal in Queensland.
Strict lockdown cancelled after 2 days, seems they shit it thinking they had some sort of super spreading strain passed on through food (as someone who got it told them he only got a take out pizza rather than going to the pizza bar).

Never forget that this is what Tubbs wants above all else. Be the hero, get his headlines, be forever The Man Who Saved Christmas.

Crazy.

EnOCVpGXMAER6bY
Take some time, just to soak in that headline. Gove has turned the word expert into an insult.

'I don't care about your years of education and decades of experience, it won't be popular publicly so do one, we'll give granny a killer disease if we want to'

My thoughts exactly. That headline states that the overwhelming educated and informed opinion by those who know best in that specific field based on significant volumes of data and informed opinion is being challenged by the pm.

It's farcical. It's ignorant.

This is very exciting if true, we could start seeing things at least starting to get back to normal in a matter of months

You guys are just now using 'expert' as a pejorative? wow get with it, we've been doing that for years.

that's why we're #1 at corona

Johnson is trump lite. Populists are Cunts the world over. Also completely incompetent.

My head teacher came into school today just to tell us he'd met someone who'd tested positive and was now having to self isolate. Weapons grade stupidity.

One bloke at work got the self isolate text after his son tested positive. Apparently on theWednesday the kids teacher did lessons as normal while waiting for a test (idiocy part one). Wednesday evening the positive result came in and was reported to the head. So the head calls all the affected class into school on Thursday and into one room to tell them that they have been exposed and need a test (idiocy part two). Lo and behold the virus has spread rather virulently through that group.

So the bloke at work gets his text at work. Good sense to immediately leave the building and phone the news through to the MD from the car park.

One bloke at work got the self isolate text after his son tested positive. Apparently on theWednesday the kids teacher did lessons as normal while waiting for a test (idiocy part one). Wednesday evening the positive result came in and was reported to the head. So the head calls all the affected class into school on Thursday and into one room to tell them that they have been exposed and need a test (idiocy part two). Lo and behold the virus has spread rather virulently through that group.

So the bloke at work gets his text at work. Good sense to immediately leave the building and phone the news through to the MD from the car park.
Off the scale. Particularly when you think HTs have spent the last 8 months writing and re-writing Covid policy every time the govt changed their minds. My HT said he 'felt fit as a fiddle' and 'wanted to be here'. I told him (very nicely) that we all need to obey the rules for the sake of others and he stomped off muttering 'well it''s stupid' like some annoyed toddler.

That feels like the difference between the public and the private sector!

*Runs away*

Unsurprisingly the post 2 December plans appear to be a load of fucking bollocks.

I'd just rather they don't lie (I know, I know). If the scientific case is there that we need to stay locked down then so be it - but do present it to us, because we've still yet to see exactly how hospitality was causing an appreciable rise in cases, nothing that we've seen suggests that.

If we do need to stay locked down then just say so. Don't say we're not in lockdown but then present regulations which mean er, we are, you're just calling it something different.

If lockdown is necessary then I'm afraid the virus doesn't respect the fact that it's Christmas time. We either do need to do it or we don't. You can't just arbitrarily let everything go because that's the date. People couldn't celebrate Eid or Diwali properly, loads of birthdays and anniversaries will have been spoiled, weddings have been cancelled etc, Christmas is NOT a special case I'm afraid.

Let us know what the route out of this is and how/when we can do it, people cannot live not knowing what on earth is going to happen.

Play it straight and people will respect what you're saying more.

Unsurprisingly the post 2 December plans appear to be a load of fucking bollocks.

I'd just rather they don't lie (I know, I know). If the scientific case is there that we need to stay locked down then so be it - but do present it to us, because we've still yet to see exactly how hospitality was causing an appreciable rise in cases, nothing that we've seen suggests that.

If we do need to stay locked down then just say so. Don't say we're not in lockdown but then present regulations which mean er, we are, you're just calling it something different.

If lockdown is necessary then I'm afraid the virus doesn't respect the fact that it's Christmas time. We either do need to do it or we don't. You can't just arbitrarily let everything go because that's the date. People couldn't celebrate Eid or Diwali properly, loads of birthdays and anniversaries will have been spoiled, weddings have been cancelled etc, Christmas is NOT a special case I'm afraid.

Let us know what the route out of this is and how/when we can do it, people cannot live not knowing what on earth is going to happen.

Play it straight and people will respect what you're saying more.
Agree broadly with 99% of this post.
There is the suggestion that closing hospitality does have some effect though I think? Liverpool, and areas in the north east and west went into tier 3 prior to the 5 november lockdown, and it looks a little from their statistics that their infection rates were falling quicker than elsewhere in the country.
Either way, you're correct, in that the government needs to take huge steps with increasing transparency, and not just on this issue.

Agree broadly with 99% of this post.
There is the suggestion that closing hospitality does have some effect though I think? Liverpool, and areas in the north east and west went into tier 3 prior to the 5 november lockdown, and it looks a little from their statistics that their infection rates were falling quicker than elsewhere in the country.
Either way, you're correct, in that the government needs to take huge steps with increasing transparency, and not just on this issue.
Is that because of the closure of hospitality or because they'd hit their peak though? Sure someone said that hospitality accounted for about 4% of transmissions so then it's down to what you think is beneficial. If those figures are correct I'd argue the closure does more damage, particularly against the backdrop of The Range being rammed with people buying xmas decs

You want the r rate down then you need to really be looking at the schools. When they shut for the Christmas break it might be an eye opener.

Is that because of the closure of hospitality or because they'd hit their peak though? Sure someone said that hospitality accounted for about 4% of transmissions so then it's down to what you think is beneficial. If those figures are correct I'd argue the closure does more damage, particularly against the backdrop of The Range being rammed with people buying xmas decs
I've no idea to be honest TT. 8 months into this situation, and I'm not sure we're really any the wiser - partially owing to the lack of transparency highlighted.
I usually do a fair amount of gigs/comedy/theatre type trips, but less so pubs. Invariably theatres and concert halls are people packed in close proximity with a high level of close contact, even for short periods of time, so I completely get why these activities are off the table at the moment.
I'm sure the vast majority of people will have a differing perspective to mine on restaurants/pubs and similar hospitality. I rarely eat out, and I'm not a huge drinker either. But such locations also usually have high volumes of opportunities for cross contamination.
I'm equally perplexed by which shops remain open, as well as the apparent desire from so many others to be going there. I understand that closing everything again isn't ideal.
I also think that xmas is going to result in a much bigger breaching of the rules anyway. Far too many people will think "fuck it, it's xmas" and that the rules shouldn't apply. People I know are strongly hinting as such, including family members.
My worry is twofold I guess. It feels like the economy is used to justify numerous lifting/easing of restrictions (bakers "freedom isn't just for xmas tweet, the fucking arse) that will be exploited by the incumbent government, combined with the fact that this is also the party that through austerity has absolutely hammered the NHS and other public services that have struggled admirably to cope throughout the pandemic, and have been a beacon for innovative and excellent work, in spite of some pathetic comments that have been made.
The other, is that the risk it creates not for me, but people I know and love who are vulnerable/at higher risk, like my parents, or my stepdaughters lad who has a respiratory condition (as well as learning difficulties and autism, and a load of other stuff!) I worry that going to the supermarket risks exposing me to something that could be terminal for my folks.

You want the r rate down then you need to really be looking at the schools. When they shut for the Christmas break it might be an eye opener.
It won't though will it, because they'll be seeing family during this time? Not just their household, but wider family.

Back