• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Boris out working tonight at 5pm. Obviously to confirm the Hotel Quarantie plan so a lot more alas' on the way and maybe, just maybe a promise he has no idea if he can keep it

1631 deaths announced today. I think that puts the daily announced total above 100k . The ONS announced that their version of Covid deaths (Covid mentioned on the death certificate) to be above 100k this morning.

My old man is having his jab on Friday night. It's not much but feels like a tiny step on the road back to normality

Reactions: PPB
My old man is having his jab on Friday night. It's not much but feels like a tiny step on the road back to normality
That's how I feel today Andy. For the first time since this all began, there's a smidgen of hope. Mom and hubby booked in, I'm wondering if I can get it being as I am the carer for my mom, or doesn't it work like that. Or will I have to wait until the 70 and 60 years old have had theirs....me being the spring chicken that I am and still in my 50's.😜

MiL just received a text to book hers at the new centre opening in Prees this week. Friday afternoon for her first injection.

That's how I feel today Andy. For the first time since this all began, there's a smidgen of hope. Mom and hubby booked in, I'm wondering if I can get it being as I am the carer for my mom, or doesn't it work like that. Or will I have to wait until the 70 and 60 years old have had theirs....me being the spring chicken that I am and still in my 50's.😜
You can have mine - I live on my own & have no health issues so if I wait a bit thats no big deal.

Might be a bit of travel involved as mine will be in Dorset somewhere.

You can have mine - I live on my own & have no health issues so if I wait a bit thats no big deal.

Might be a bit of travel involved as mine will be in Dorset somewhere.
Haha thanks Parkin but I think I'll wait 😀

Well that press conference was a colossal waste of time.

Germany are wanting to block the export of vaccines out of the EU in a seemingly tit-for-tat for delays with the AZ vaccine, even though the EU order was placed 3 months after the UK order

So from the papers front pages today I will presume yesterday's briefing was just a great way for Boris to get the perfect sad looking image they could use.

"Did the best we could" I could leave an expletive ridden reply that would make Paddy blush but no need to as those words tell the story.

Germany are wanting to block the export of vaccines out of the EU in a seemingly tit-for-tat for delays with the AZ vaccine, even though the EU order was placed 3 months after the UK order
Good article out there, will get the link when I'm on the laptop that explains the issues with supply, direct from Astra.
I would also say the media are having some fun twisting this story a tad. Seems Germany want the same set up as the USA have in place for the EU, which is made there so if you are shipping outside of that and our supply is short you need to tell us why or it stays here.

Good article out there, will get the link when I'm on the laptop that explains the issues with supply, direct from Astra.
I would also say the media are having some fun twisting this story a tad. Seems Germany want the same set up as the USA have in place for the EU, which is made there so if you are shipping outside of that and our supply is short you need to tell us why or it stays here.
It’s politics and the EU and Germany are looking particularly bad on this. The EU haven’t even approved the AZ vaccine yet and they are whining about production in the EU facilities (not the UK one).

The EU can get to fuck over their petty fighting over cost they are getting a bit too big for their boots here trying to police the world.

Italy are furious with the EU for not delivering the Pfizer vaccine in quantity and the EU are blaming AZ. Wankers.

The EU can get to fuck over their petty fighting over cost they are getting a bit too big for their boots here trying to police the world.

Italy are furious with the EU for not delivering the Pfizer vaccine in quantity and the EU are blaming AZ. Wankers.
Like I said, tyring to copy the USA not saying thats a good thing but countries will do whatever they need to look after their own first.

Pfizer reducing production for a short while has kicked them in the bollocks and then AZ saying "yeah that massive order you have with us won't be fully ready when you approve it because these vaccines are bit of a bastard to produce at 100m doses a month"

In slightly better news - the J&J vaccine results should be out next week and they confident the results are good. That vaccine will be the big one for this country. We have 30m on order with an option of another 21m and as they are single doses they will be able to whip through the target groups very quickly indeed.

Yeah its a poor look from the EU, hope we stay out of the tit for tat nonsense.
Don't understand why people can't get their head round these being unprecedented times, things aren't going to just run smoothly, everybody needs to be patient and let the people making and distributing the vaccines get on with their job.

Back