• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Thought I'd be able to get one sooner rather than later as being the full time carer for me mom. No, got to wait a while as been told I'm in bracket/level 6. Oh well, getting used to this existence now, what's another 6+months.😩
I don't want to do this any more to be honest, Sue. I'm not enjoying it and there's nothing on the horizon that says it's going to be any better. They just don't care though. Collateral damage.

I don't want to do this any more to be honest, Sue. I'm not enjoying it and there's nothing on the horizon that says it's going to be any better. They just don't care though. Collateral damage.
I believe that by 8th March things will be getting much clearer as to a path out of all this. The most vulnerable groups will hopefully have a degree of protection, the hospital numbers should be declining and the areas of the economy that are closed now will be able start being opened up.
As you know I’m no fan of this shit show of a government that claims to be running the current mess but I do see hope on the horizon.

Stay safe and I’m looking forward to reading your output on Oscillating Wildly in the near future. 👍

I appreciate the sentiment man but I doubt it. I've written something for a Palace site today (published tomorrow) and I hate it. It's never going to be good enough.

Probably closing up when the licence ends in April. Not up to standard.

I appreciate the sentiment man but I doubt it. I've written something for a Palace site today (published tomorrow) and I hate it. It's never going to be good enough.

Probably closing up when the licence ends in April. Not up to standard.
It absolutely is up to standard, I would say compared to other football blogs its way above the standard.

It's not good enough for me, I want perfection and I make too many silly mistakes, forget silly things, don't write well enough (there's an absolute clanger in this Palace piece that I can't go back and tell the guy to correct now because I'll look like a dick).

Nothing like good enough so put that one in the bin with the rest of my fucking shite life.

Thought I'd be able to get one sooner rather than later as being the full time carer for me mom. No, got to wait a while as been told I'm in bracket/level 6. Oh well, getting used to this existence now, what's another 6+months.😩
I offered you mine, but you declined :cry: (not that I've had the call anyway yet)

As said before I'm bracket 4, but not really that vulnerable as long as I take sensible precautions & live in an area which isn't overrun with it.

There are other categories that should come in earlier.

It's not good enough for me, I want perfection and I make too many silly mistakes, forget silly things, don't write well enough (there's an absolute clanger in this Palace piece that I can't go back and tell the guy to correct now because I'll look like a dick).

Nothing like good enough so put that one in the bin with the rest of my fucking shite life.
Dan that's untrue - whilst we all want perfection few of us manage that.

Your pieces are more worthwhile reading over other stuff on the market

It's not as good as I want it to be. And I don't think it ever will be.

I just feel ignored by the Government. Not that I expect them to specifically cater for childless, bipolar writers/translators who live on their own but still. Every single move they make it's like "you, end of the queue". It's depressing. I have absolutely fuck all to look forward to. I live with me. I hate me.

Imagine that, every single fucking day.

It's not as good as I want it to be. And I don't think it ever will be.

I just feel ignored by the Government. Not that I expect them to specifically cater for childless, bipolar writers/translators who live on their own but still. Every single move they make it's like "you, end of the queue". It's depressing. I have absolutely fuck all to look forward to. I live with me. I hate me.

Imagine that, every single fucking day.
I bet if you lived with Dean Saunders you'd hate him more

Turns out the two Covid tests I get a week through work don't go to my doctors so I had to have one in Whittyreans this afternoon. Covid officers would fill their boots if they went round the shopping arcade off New Hampton Rd / Evans St. 50/50 mask wearing and fuck all idea about social distancing.

just heard a 2nd friend from bowls has died from covid. Must've been recent, as the person who told me was speaking to him 3 weeks ago.
apparently his wife and daughter are both in hospital, with one (not sure which) on a ventilator.

Covid officers would fill their boots if they went round the shopping arcade off New Hampton Rd / Evans St. 50/50 mask wearing and fuck all idea about social distancing.
I walk through the Avion Centre when we used to go to matches (remember them?) Behind the old Bagot Arms pub usually resembles a scene from The Wire.

Our local vaccination centre went live this morning, huzzah
Mate of mine went for his first jab last Saturday at Stafford centre, said it was well organised but surprisingly quiet.......maybe Stafford is full of antivaxxers or just the old duffers didn't want to go out in the snow?

The EU won't be needing so many vaccines then.

Are the EU following a similar roll out as the UK in doing the old and most vulnerable first?

The claims of 8% protection rate in the elderly have been debunked by the German government.
Wasn't that only 8% of those in the trials were over 65?

Novavax should be getting approved in the coming weeks after showing its 89% effective in trials. Unluckily for the EU, it will be made in the UK and we have ordered enough to vaccinate 30m people.
Less effective so far against the SA strain, probably in the 60% range but testing on going there. One trial has it as low as 49% but that is a small trial and includes people with poor immune systems, such as people with HIV.

Back