• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Es52C7-XEAYLy5U

I can still see the account.

MiL back from her vaccination. The Pfizer one gets to protect her. Told to expect her arm to ache a lot tomorrow

One of my team got Covid last week, went to hospital yesterday and got diagnosed with Covid pneumonia today - she’s on oxygen, steroids and antibiotics, so hopefully they can make a difference quickly.

she’s only 35, it’s horrible.

I didn’t realise there was a COVID thread so I’ve posted this in the eu one.

A good summary of how we reached this point (the uk having good vaccine supply, the eu struggling) here.
The vaccination programme has been the main success of this Government. Planning started early and issues so far have been minor

The vaccination programme has been the main success of this Government. Planning started early and issues so far have been minor
It's the one thing they have got right - vaccinations down here dropping to those in their mid 70's so would expect to hear something in the next 10 days.

Even the guardian are singing the praises of the woman who runs it.

Run from May by the venture capitalist Kate Bingham, a no-nonsense operator, it directed government money up and down the vaccine supply chain, and helped ensure that two other vaccine candidates were manufactured in the UK – an interventionist policy not seen since before the days of Margaret Thatcher.

I can still see the account.

MiL back from her vaccination. The Pfizer one gets to protect her. Told to expect her arm to ache a lot tomorrow
when I click on it I get a "this account does not exist" message?
edit - looking forward to the weekly tel call with mom and dad this weekend. They'll be able to tell me all about theirs being done.

One of my team got Covid last week, went to hospital yesterday and got diagnosed with Covid pneumonia today - she’s on oxygen, steroids and antibiotics, so hopefully they can make a difference quickly.

she’s only 35, it’s horrible.
have spoken with a few people who have had it. Obvs some very mild symptoms, but equally have had telephone conversations with some people struggling to breathe - and those experiences were bloody frightening!

Even the guardian are singing the praises of the woman who runs it.

Run from May by the venture capitalist Kate Bingham, a no-nonsense operator, it directed government money up and down the vaccine supply chain, and helped ensure that two other vaccine candidates were manufactured in the UK – an interventionist policy not seen since before the days of Margaret Thatcher.
She got criticism early on for employing expensive consultants (well they always are), but nothing since really - whatever she did it's clearly worked.

He is right. You need all countries getting vaccines or borders will be a mess forever.

Another three cases at work today, including one bloke I spent a little bit of time with on Wednesday clearing up a flood we had. That’s me off to get shit shoved up my nose again as soon as the testing centre is open in the morning. Hate the tests but peace of mind is valuable. We now have seven positives in a workforce of 110.

That’s where the AstraZeneca vaccine is so impressive - they are selling it at cost during the pandemic, rather than looking to make a fortune from it, meaning the non loaded countries can actually afford to vaccinate.

pretty amazing actually.

That’s where the AstraZeneca vaccine is so impressive - they are selling it at cost during the pandemic, rather than looking to make a fortune from it.

pretty amazing actually.
Think it was a precondition from the Oxford developers, but it’s a brilliant thing to do.

Think it was a precondition from the Oxford developers, but it’s a brilliant thing to do.
Suspect that if we end up with more than we need (and we have pre ordered enough to cover everyone plus extras) then would hope we put any excess across to the the develpment aid budget we pay out & get stuff into the poorer nations of the world

I would expect that but it does create a bit of an “us first” look. Not sure how comfortable that is, but what do you do?

Back