• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Like I said, tyring to copy the USA not saying thats a good thing but countries will do whatever they need to look after their own first.

Pfizer reducing production for a short while has kicked them in the bollocks and then AZ saying "yeah that massive order you have with us won't be fully ready when you approve it because these vaccines are bit of a bastard to produce at 100m doses a month"

In slightly better news - the J&J vaccine results should be out next week and they confident the results are good. That vaccine will be the big one for this country. We have 30m on order with an option of another 21m and as they are single doses they will be able to whip through the target groups very quickly indeed.
got a link to the j & j vaccine? Missed that one

No point in just vaccinating your own population unless you never want to open your borders ever again.

No point in just vaccinating your own population unless you never want to open your borders ever again.
I guess its trying to win favour with your nationals. Just reading Twitter and you get people asking why x country has more doses than us and why are they making it there and not in our country. Our own Goverment went as far as wanting flags put on the Oxford one and we have people rejecting the Pfizer vaccine because its forrin. People are strange at the best of times

In other good news - Israel are releasing a lot of data from their vaccine roll out and despite there being a strong wave over there right now they are reporting severe cases in the over 60's are falling (81% of overs 60's received vaccinations so far)

Last edited:
You want to vaccinate your own population first to get them back to normal and then do the rest.

That's simple economics.

Whilst I don't disagree, it's sad that this is how we end up thinking.

Surely lives are more important than economics
you are correct. The problem is owing to our government making decisions thinking that economics is more important than lives, we've resulted in the death toll we have, and will continue to experience.

you are correct. The problem is owing to our government making decisions thinking that economics is more important than lives, we've resulted in the death toll we have, and will continue to experience.
If the economy crashes it will cost more lives than this pandemic. Not least by us not having the ability to care for people without the resources to do so.

People die every year of other ailments so there is an acceptable death toll society will take, we aren't anywhere near that at the moment.

Got what I think is a nasty chest injection, but the doc is for sure going to send me for another Covid test. If on the off-chance it is Covid, I'm going to have to buy my dog a treadmill.

Got what I think is a nasty chest injection, but the doc is for sure going to send me for another Covid test. If on the off-chance it is Covid, I'm going to have to buy my dog a treadmill.
Modern times call for modern solutions

Ending lockdown plan coming on 22 February​

Johnson says the efforts of the UK "do appear to have reduced the R rate" - the rate of spread of the virus.
But he says there is "not enough data to know when it will be safe to reopen our society and economy".
The PM says the UK remains in a "perilous situation", with more than 37,000 patients in hospital.
But, he adds, the "overall picture should be clearer by mid-February".
As a result, Mr Johnson pledged to set out "our plan for taking the country out of lockdown" when MPs return from their half-term break on 22 February.

Schools could re-open on 8 March​

Boris Johnson says the plan to exit lockdown will depend on the success of the vaccination, the capacity of the NHS and death rates falling.
He confirms "it will not be possible to reopen schools immediately after February half term".
Johnson says he understands it is "frustrating" for parents, carers, children and teachers, and they are "the worries we share".
But, if the government reaches its target of vaccinating the four most vulnerable groups by mid-February, he says: "We hope it will therefore be safe to begin the opening of schools for Monday 8 March."

Fat cunt attacking Starmer for refusing to say that schools are safe.

Er, they aren't are they, dickhead. That's why they're closed. Any empty building is by definition "safe" as there are no people in there.

He also attacked him for asking that other key workers have priority for a vaccine after the initial four categories are completed. I’m not sure whether to put my next u turn wager on this or on some part of the quarantine plans that seem to have been drawn up on the back of a packet (or a blank piece of paper earmarked for bus drawings).
Starmers response was a good one.

Starmer says it is quite something for Johnson to open schools one day, close them then next, call them vectors of transmission, and then criticise Labour for saying they are unsafe.

Also I'm sick of being bottom of the fucking pile, constantly.

Self-employed (which is basically because the Government fucked the economy), no kids, under 40 - basically, fuck you, you can wait forever because you probably won't die. Make sure you don't have any fun between now and whenever, won't you.

Yeah, that feels great, man. No wonder I'm fucking depressed.

• Sad
Reactions: PPB
Also I'm sick of being bottom of the fucking pile, constantly.

Self-employed (which is basically because the Government fucked the economy), no kids, under 40 - basically, fuck you, you can wait forever because you probably won't die. Make sure you don't have any fun between now and whenever, won't you.

Yeah, that feels great, man. No wonder I'm fucking depressed.
Thought I'd be able to get one sooner rather than later as being the full time carer for me mom. No, got to wait a while as been told I'm in bracket/level 6. Oh well, getting used to this existence now, what's another 6+months.😩

Back