• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Flybe going to go pop tonight. Fucking fuck knows how I am getting home tomorrow, might see if I can train it.
I flew into Jersey yesterday. My flight to Guernsey and then to Manchester next week are fucked.

I flew into Jersey yesterday. My flight to Guernsey and then to Manchester next week are fucked.

Just got an email cancelling my flight. KLM prices seems to have quadrupled over night :(

rumours trickling around here that flights will soon be largely curtailed, and mass gatherings i.e. footie matches/concerts will be postponed. No idea how true any of this is, but seems that even though Greece has a few cases only they are looking at prevention before it gets a hold.

I do think there's an element of context required on those who have died from a public information perspective. Are those people elderly or already ill? That's not belittling the situation just would help with any scaremongering/over reaction/stockpiling

Though not the flu as we well know, i do wonder what the reaction would be if the media reported a daily death rate
For normal winter flu deaths in this same styleeee.

My main worry about it at the moment is the incompetence of the people currently in charge of stopping the spread of it, especially in America.

Trump still calls it the 'corona flu' and has had to have people explain to him why they can't combat it with the flu vaccine. He has now suggested that people may be fine to go to work with it. His stupidity is going to get people killed. Hopefully our PM has a slightly better grasp of the facts.

Gonna wing it I think. Thalys to Lille and see if I can get a Eurostar.

Lots of UK Train companies offering free travel today for flybe ticket holders. If you are coming back by train it may be worth looking into for the English leg of your journey.

My main worry about it at the moment is the incompetence of the people currently in charge of stopping the spread of it, especially in America.

Trump still calls it the 'corona flu' and has had to have people explain to him why they can't combat it with the flu vaccine. He has now suggested that people may be fine to go to work with it. His stupidity is going to get people killed. Hopefully our PM has a slightly better grasp of the facts.

I'd be more worried about African countries tbh.
They've been unable to control HIV which has been around for decades and is basically controllable. So how they are going to control a much more contagious virus with no current 'antidote' God knows.

Flybe collapse due in hours

Before.....
"Aviation contributes about 2.5% of the world's global carbon emissions, according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA)"
"Flybe operates '30 per cent' of Birmingham Airport flights"

After....
"Flybe's collapse has put 2,000-plus jobs at risk and left thousands of passengers stranded across the UK"

Always a negative, gotta laugh.

"Blue Islands has said it is operating a flight to Jersey from Exeter on Thursday afternoon as a gesture of goodwill." I guess it will be returning too, if that helps?

They've been unable to control HIV which has been around for decades and is basically controllable. So how they are going to control a much more contagious virus with no current 'antidote' God knows.
The sexual politics involved in HIV are so much more a part of that equation than anything involving Covid-19.

Africa survived Ebola without it becoming a global catastrophe. They can handle this sort of disease (generally speaking). It's when sex and religion become involved in transmission that things start to buckle.

The sexual politics involved in HIV are so much more a part of that equation than anything involving Covid-19.

Africa survived Ebola without it becoming a global catastrophe. They can handle this sort of disease (generally speaking). It's when sex and religion become involved in transmission that things start to buckle.

Well, yes and no. It is thought that Covid-19 can be carried by a person without them showing any outward signs, in addition it will certainly be passed by kissing.
Therefore I would have thought sex with multiple partners, will undoubtedly lead to an acceleration in the spread of the virus.
Sex with multiple partners and polygamy in Africa, along with prostitution has resulted in the 'Aids epidemic' there.
Whether that has got much to do with religion I don't know. More to do with tradition coupled with lack of education and civilisation.

Just no.

Well, yes and no. It is thought that Covid-19 can be carried by a person without them showing any outward signs, in addition it will certainly be passed by kissing.
Therefore I would have thought sex with multiple partners, will undoubtedly lead to an acceleration in the spread of the virus.
Sex with multiple partners and polygamy in Africa, along with prostitution has resulted in the 'Aids epidemic' there.
Whether that has got much to do with religion I don't know. More to do with tradition coupled with lack of education and civilisation.

I cba with this to be honest, but I spent 4 years working in HIV/Aids outreach in Zambia. Perhaps think before posting.

On a different note, we fly back to the UK in 3 weeks time. Looking at our delta flight, previously it was 90% full. Looking at seat maps on seatguru I counted 78 seats available, not sure if these were blocked seats or whether people are now cancelling...

First uk death confirmed in Reading,just says older person with underlying health conditions

I wonder if it might be worth asking the EU nurses and doctors who have left or who are leaving because of Brexit to come back and help us deal with coronavirus?

Steve Bruce speaking bollocks about this. Says it is inevitable that games will be played behind closed doors. Meanwhile the Government's chief scientific advisor Sir Patrick Vallance says this would be the wrong thing to do as mass gatherings at stadiums are less likely to cause a problem than someone going to a pub and watching the game there. Who to believe???

Nah, Brucey knows about these things. It's nothing some Camomile tea won't fix.

Back