• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Nah, Brucey knows about these things. It's nothing some Camomile tea won't fix.

TBF I'm not sure Sir Phillip has taken into account the pleasure of going for a half time piss as opposed to just the sitting outside bit

It depends when (if) the peak of the epidemic is declared. Almost certainly then matches will be either closed-door or postponed/cancelled for a couple of months. Hopefully, though, that will be delayed until after the season has ended if we all keep washing our hands. I can't see the Euros going ahead as planned, either, although I'd expect it to be put back rather than cancelled, with an extension to next season to compensate if necessary. With any luck it will be all over and done with by the Olympics.

On the football side of this. Is banning the hand shakes between the players before kick off just a load of old bollocks? Are they going to ban defenders going within 5 yards of an attacking player? There will be more contact defending a corner than during a brief half arsed handshake before KO

Handshakes are firmly pressed skin against skin contact though and done around 15 times per player, both at the start and finish of games. Whereas the odd grab/knock is much shorter contact time and very occasional.

I'd guess the transmission is much more likely via the handshakes than anything else.

Hardly any player does a handshake, its all a brief hand slap.

I presume the handshake between captains and ref will be stopped as well

With coronavirus going on, at least we don't have a major football tournament in the summer where teams and fans will be jetting to various locations all around Europe. Oh wait...

What about goal celebrations, they touch then.

Banning mass gatherings is a bit pointless imo, somewhere somehow we come into contact with masses of people. Just as much when gathering in the pub to watch it as gathering in the open air stadiums.

I am more likely to get it in the close confines of the air conditioned Civic Centre where I spend my days than at Molineux and Molineux is far more enjoyable too.

What about goal celebrations, they touch then.

Banning mass gatherings is a bit pointless imo, somewhere somehow we come into contact with masses of people. Just as much when gathering in the pub to watch it as gathering in the open air stadiums.

I am more likely to get it in the close confines of the air conditioned Civic Centre where I spend my days than at Molineux and Molineux is far more enjoyable too.

That's kind of the point. You catch it in the Civic Centre and then pass it on to a couple of people at the match, and they pass it on to ...

But they won't be banning gatherings until it's a proper epidemic anyway. It might seem less pointless then.

That's kind of the point. You catch it in the Civic Centre and then pass it on to a couple of people at the match, and they pass it on to ...

But they won't be banning gatherings until it's a proper epidemic anyway. It might seem less pointless then.

And be too late.

The government say this is the "contain" phase, well they don't seem to be doing much containing? Just telling people who already wash their hands, to wash their hands isn't really going to do a lot.

I went to a concert yesterday, stood in a room with loads of other people.
Still alive so far........

It’s going to keep jumping. It’s taking them like a week to get the results, by which time that person is likely to already have passed it on or more likely passed it on before tested.

Then there’s the issue with contact tracing like you would with HIV, but don’t even think they are/would do that with a airborne virus.

It’s going to keep jumping. It’s taking them like a week to get the results, by which time that person is likely to already have passed it on or more likely passed it on before tested.

Then there’s the issue with contact tracing like you would with HIV, but don’t even think they are/would do that with a airborne virus.

I think this is a key point.

My own, unscientific viewpoint based on what I think, is that we're about 7-10 days behind the true figures as people aren't showing symptoms for up to 14 days.

I don't know how we're supposed to contain a pathogen which doesn't show symptoms. You won't know you're infectious until you've been infectious for about a week.

I think the first things to close will be schools & nurseries and, realistically, if we want to contain it we'll all going to have to self isolate for about 2-4 weeks, and if we do that, how will anyone get any food.

I think this is a key point.

My own, unscientific viewpoint based on what I think, is that we're about 7-10 days behind the true figures as people aren't showing symptoms for up to 14 days.

I don't know how we're supposed to contain a pathogen which doesn't show symptoms. You won't know you're infectious until you've been infectious for about a week.

I think the first things to close will be schools & nurseries and, realistically, if we want to contain it we'll all going to have to self isolate for about 2-4 weeks, and if we do that, how will anyone get any food.

Govt supposedly releasing money to try and find a quick way of confirming tests for the virus as for many people its not that much different from early flu symptoms. The earlier people can isolate themselves if its confirmed the fewer contacts they will have had.

I'm nearer the age when this could be more problematical (though I'm fairly fit & have no underlying health conditions), but can't say that I'm going to change what I do or avoid places. Some are going overboard though - up to this morning no confirmed cases in Dorset, but in Asda today there were no sanitising hand gels left (+ few packs of toilet rolls though don't think this affects that end) & the store was waiting for a delivery so obviously people are hoarding. Did get some travel antiseptic wipes as the handwashing facilities & regime of some others at Molineux leaves a bit to be desired.

Various other shelves of tinned & dried goods were sparse as well.

Government- We are in talks with supermarkets to ensure no shortages

Supermarkets - Are you? News to us. Are you just saying things the public want to hear so you can blame us when things go tits up

Back