• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Allowed to hug someone from Monday - though I did that with my Son's last Wednesday illegally anyway

Am I the only the one that doesn’t really care for this faux hugging bullshit anyway? Fair enough if it’s your kids or you mum or someone but when it’s friends of the wife or the in-laws? Nah, Not a fan.

One of the few benefits of the last 14 months.
I'm the same,hugs are reserved for close family and friends. I'm terribly old fashioned when it comes to shows of affection, especially when its with other males.....I'm more of a strong handshake or gentle punch to the shoulder type of guy 😀

There's never actually been a law saying hugging was illegal, you can basically hug whoever you want as long as it's outdoors. Like social distancing in outside it's only ever been advisory. The government has simply muddied the waters (how unlike them) by making it sound like hugging wasn't allowed.

Last edited:
Wancock says the Government hasn't ruled out changing/easing the rules regarding face mask from 21st June

Except for in schools where I believe they're already knocking it on the head from next week?

Wancock says the Government hasn't ruled out changing/easing the rules regarding face mask from 21st June
Just repeating what Johnson has been saying for the last 3 weeks then.

IF things stay on course for the next stage on the 21st June, mask wearing will be binned and left upto individuals to decide if they want to wear them or not. No doubt businesses will be given some vague guidence that will say you you can't enforce wearing but if a break out happens its your fault so don't sue us

Most of Scotland moving down to Level 2 from the 17th (essentially the same as what happens in England next Monday). The Scottish Islands will be moved to Level 1 and Moray will stay at Level 3 due to a rise in numbers there over the last 2 weeks.

Delighted with that, as it means I will be in Scotland from the 22nd May for a wee break, chuck in the next step in the England and early June I can finally use the booking I made for the wife's Christmas present and get my folks up from Devon for the week. 31st May i get my 2nd jab and 11th June the wife has hers
End of May/June is going to be good.

NHS England says bookings for COVID jabs will open for those in their 30s tomorrow morning - online booking from 7am - 38/39 year olds to get text messages inviting them to book

NHS England says bookings for COVID jabs will open for those in their 30s tomorrow morning - online booking from 7am - 38/39 year olds to get text messages inviting them to book
Moutinho must be counting down the days until he's eligible

Just received my day 2 covid results..turned out negative.
Had to pop over to Birmingham today for my test to fly test for my return trip to the US on Friday.
Interestingly enough, have received calls everyday since I have been here from the Track and Trace folk. All seem very nice and thorough with their questioning, which I've not minded at all.

Just received my day 2 covid results..turned out negative.
Had to pop over to Birmingham today for my test to fly test for my return trip to the US on Friday.
Interestingly enough, have received calls everyday since I have been here from the Track and Trace folk. All seem very nice and thorough with their questioning, which I've not minded at all.
Shame we couldn't arrange a meet up, Ray. Hope everything has gone well on your visit mate

Shame we couldn't arrange a meet up, Ray. Hope everything has gone well on your visit mate
Thanks Mike
We had a beautiful service yesterday. Weather was wild!
Sun. Rain. Hail and a thunderstorm too!
Would love to have met up in normal circumstances, had a beer and a slice if cake!
Hopefully we'll be over as a family in the autumn for a proper holiday!

Back