• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

PfizerBiontech or Moderna now then

All the headlines for no masks/social distancing from June have come from the National Economy Recovery Taskforce. I am *gobsmacked* that some group that is only advisory for emergencies of a "scientific" nature thinks that they know better..?

Ahhh more modelling charts showing they are talking out their arses.

So you’re telling me this new variant is going to create the largest peak so far in the summer when last year it basically disappeared with zero vaccinated and very minimal herd immunity from commiunity infection.

The cohort of people responsible for 99% of hospitalisation have been vaccinated. A decent portion of the other 1% will have some form of residual immunity, possibly enough to keep them out of hospital.

Data shows the vaccine is working even with this new strain. Gross incompetence has allowed this variant to even potentially become a problem. But variants will always be around, it can’t be stopped. So either the vaccine works and this won’t be an issue regardless or the vaccines don’t work and you’ve got this indefinitely with lockdowns and restictions until someone creates a vaccine that does work, it’s trialled and rolled out. With the other health, economic and social issues lockdowns have caused then that option is obviously not feasible. So looks like you have to back the vaccine and crack on.

No, I'm telling you that people will catch the virus and some of those will most likely die because our cunt of a Prime Minister yet again fucked up, or do we only care about the vaccinated? People who have chosen to not get it based on whatever misinformation brought it on themselves then?

They possibly will, that’s sad. My mates mom died in her 50s because her cancer treatment from March was delayed by the time they tried to restart it it had spread more than they thought it would and it was too late. There’s always another side to the story.

Would the absence of Covid made a difference? Don’t know. Will the presence of Covid kill young unvaccinated, dont know. But all I know is based on data and playing the percentages then what I’m proposing most likely has less of an effect.

They possibly will, that’s sad. My mates mom died in her 50s because her cancer treatment from March was delayed by the time they tried to restart it it had spread more than they thought it would and it was too late. There’s always another side to the story.

Would the absence of Covid made a difference? Don’t know. Will the presence of Covid kill young unvaccinated, dont know. But all I know is based on data and playing the percentages then what I’m proposing most likely has less of an effect.
It's not about continuing the lockdown, I'm not proposing we should based on my uneducated understanding, it's about more people dieing based on yet another dithering fuck up to add to the 10's of thousands who aready have which includes people like your mates mum.

But variants will always be around, it can’t be stopped.
The reporting on variants winds me up. Its done in a manner that suggests no virus ever has mutated and then language like DOUBLE MUTANT, all done to scare people.
Then without thought they will report the flu vaccine is changed every year to (hopefully) cope with the most dangerous variants.

India alone they are over 100 variants detected coming into the country this year.

It's not about continuing the lockdown, I'm not proposing we should based on my uneducated understanding, it's about more people dieing based on yet another dithering fuck up to add to the 10's of thousands who aready have which includes people like your mates mum.
I said it was gross incompetence?

That's a twatty comment even by your standards Paul. A new low, congratulations.
No doubting Boris us a cunt but Paul's right isn't he?

The variant stuff is it there to scare people without knowledge. There are a number of scientists who think we should still be under maximum lockdown, some that believe the virus is airborne and others that think the variants will kill more than any other.

Science is often proved wrong but the mass hysteria around this variant is meaning the media is having a field day with the population that believe everything they read.

The data is showing that this variant would've made it to the UK at some point anyway and that the rise in cases would not have been prevented in unvaccinated, high population households as those sections of the population are unlikely to either follow rules or trust vaccines.

The data also shows hospitalisation falling week on week as well as the death toll. This is unlikely to rise according to the modellers due to the success of the vaccine.

It's delusion to blame Boris and not the unvaccinated population who have turned down the vaccine.

It's delusion to blame Boris and not the unvaccinated population who have turned down the vaccine.
Ignoring red listing India because he was due to visit and didn't want sit in a Hotel for 10 days at the expense of, error someone else means he should get pelters and his share of the blame.

Just add to the list of things he should have done weeks before he did because, well of reasons of being popular or self interest.

Ignoring red listing India because he was due to visit and didn't want sit in a Hotel for 10 days at the expense of, error someone else means he should get pelters and his share of the blame.

Just add to the list of things he should have done weeks before he did because, well of reasons of being popular or self interest.
It certainly looks shit on his part but red listing India at any point would've meant the variant arrived in the UK.

As Chris Witty pointed out there isn't a lot know about this variant but the consensus is the vaccine works against it.

No doubting Boris us a cunt but Paul's right isn't he?

The variant stuff is it there to scare people without knowledge. There are a number of scientists who think we should still be under maximum lockdown, some that believe the virus is airborne and others that think the variants will kill more than any other.

Science is often proved wrong but the mass hysteria around this variant is meaning the media is having a field day with the population that believe everything they read.

The data is showing that this variant would've made it to the UK at some point anyway and that the rise in cases would not have been prevented in unvaccinated, high population households as those sections of the population are unlikely to either follow rules or trust vaccines.

The data also shows hospitalisation falling week on week as well as the death toll. This is unlikely to rise according to the modellers due to the success of the vaccine.

All true bar the last paragraph. Why willingly allow people to travel here from a country where the transmission rate is at its peak which will only exacerbate the issue? Yes people who have turned down the vaccine need to shoulder their share of responsibility (unless they live alone and literally never leave their houses) but so does Boris. And unfortunately I don’t think it was dithering or procrastination that led to the decision, more a selfish outlook that would benefit him. That’s not worth risking lives or the national health infrastructure for.

For me it just highlights what he is as a leader.

He red lists at the first sign of trouble and this is not as big a story. It would be like the SA variant, that is here but generally under control.

Said at the beginning of the week the media will be looking for things to get worked up about and we not only handed it to them but added in our own flapping with more indecision and mixed messages

All true bar the last paragraph. Why willingly allow people to travel here from a country where the transmission rate is at its peak which will only exacerbate the issue? Yes people who have turned down the vaccine need to shoulder their share of responsibility (unless they live alone and literally never leave their houses) but so does Boris. And unfortunately I don’t think it was dithering or procrastination that led to the decision, more a selfish outlook that would benefit him. That’s not worth risking lives or the national health infrastructure for.
I don't doubt he's a cunt and it was in complete self interest to leave India off the list.

I just don't think it would've made any difference.

Back