• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Hour and a half into the queue for my second jab. The door is in sight, but it's just started raining...
Why are having to queue, appointment system isn't it? Me and the missus had our seconds last week...parked up, in, out, on the road home in 10 minutes

They have knocked appointments on the head here by bringing forward the second jab, and are offering a "walk in" clinic.
Starting to thunder now, still outside...

mrs jelly had a text offering for her to bring her 2nd dose forward, but she cba as it is due in 2 weeks anyway.
I might see if i can bring mine forward though, as i'm 6-7 weeks away.
She might want to reconsider mate. Someone at work has just tested positive despite having her first vaccine a good few weeks ago. Every chance she wouldn't have got it if she'd had both jabs.

Hour and a half into the queue for my second jab. The door is in sight, but it's just started raining...
I don't get this queuing business. For both of mine I booked a time slot at the vac centre online, turned up, walked in, got jabbed. No queues anywhere. It didn't seem like it would be a particularly hard system to replicate.

Edit: sorry, ninja'd while typing.

Why are having to queue, appointment system isn't it? Me and the missus had our seconds last week...parked up, in, out, on the road home in 10 minutes
Did they not make you wait in a waiting area for 15 minutes after the jab? They did with me.

Didn't make me wait after my first, I'll let you know after my second...

Likewise for both. (Well, advised, not made, and in the car, not inside.)
I had mine last week, so maybe it was because people can now gather inside, where as in the previous weeks they couldn't, so people just drove off.

For me i was given the jab, then given a time (15 mins ahead) and told to wait in a room with another 15 or so people before i could leave. It was dystopian.

I had mine last week, so maybe it was because people can now gather inside, where as in the previous weeks they couldn't, so people just drove off.

For me i was given the jab, then given a time (15 mins ahead) and told to wait in a room with another 15 or so people before i could leave. It was dystopian.
It probably depends on the building layout, too. Ours was in a big conference centre. The default was to wait in your car, but there were rows of spaced seats inside for those on foot. Certainly no one was being 'detained', though. That sounds well creepy.

No waiting afterwards today (just the two hours plus in the queue...). Not even an area provided to wait in after.

It probably depends on the building layout, too. Ours was in a big conference centre. The default was to wait in your car, but there were rows of spaced seats inside for those on foot. Certainly no one was being 'detained', though. That sounds well creepy.
There was a bloke watching over us too, he was just checking no one was having an adverse reaction of course, but it didn't help with the atmosphere.

They just told me to wait for 15 mins in my car.

my dad spoke strongly after having his first jab the benefit to his mental health.
Thankfully, both parents had their 2nd jab last month. Mrs jelly is imminent, so just hoping to be able to bring my 2nd one forward if it becomes possible.
Oh it definitely helped him, with the greatest will in the world he is 65 this year and even though he normally thinks he's Superman, it was making him barely leave the house, and he's on his own with his partner all the way over in Texas.

I've had a shocker of a month personally but these things will pass and I have the best people possible around me, they aren't going anywhere.

both my folks are in their 70's. both have underlying health issues, including diabetes for my dad. If he'd caught covid, he wouldn't survive. He was in a coma 20 years ago that he was never expected to wake from, so I know I've been lucky to have the past 20 years, and have ensured doing loads of fun things like playing golf so when he does go, I don't have regrets.
When this first hit, my 1 fear was not seeing them again. They actually were watching the news and went into self isolation voluntarily from last february. He's left to go to the doctors, hospital appts, and pick up groceries ordered via click and collect, as they've struggled to obtain online deliveries.
I speak to them on the phone weekly. He's desperate to gabber away about football :D as not seeing anyone means I guess him and mom run out of stuff to chat about.

Back