• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Wouldn't have been a discussion if 20,000 people potentially carrying the Indian variant hadn't been let in leading to the highest number of cases in Europe

Wouldn't have been a discussion if 20,000 people potentially carrying the Indian variant hadn't been let in leading to the highest number of cases in Europe
Not helping to bung everyone arriving back from whatever colour country they arrived from seem, to all be mixing in one arrival terminal anyway - transmission is just so likely

Empty vessel making a bit of noise. No way BoZo delays 21 June. It would cost him popularity within the hawkish element of the party. Of course the polls will still be in favour but he wants to be liked.

Not sure, there’s a lot of noise about delaying it - plus cases have risen quite a bit this week. I reckon he’ll push it back at least 2 weeks.

IndySAGE though, they don't really have any weight
Yeah, but it's just creating noise and instilling fear, they get plenty of airtime and that constant message of "just a few more" is terrible. I don't think you could accuse people of a lack of patience at this stage and that's the way it comes across.

Not sure, there’s a lot of noise about delaying it - plus cases have risen quite a bit this week. I reckon he’ll push it back at least 2 weeks.
Cases rising is to be expected. Hospital numbers is where to look right now. They are doing OK right now.

Current numbers are lower than the "best we can hope for" prediction from the models put to the Government in April

Case numbers only started rising recently though, so you would not expect hospitalisations to rise yet - though I think they are in Bolton?

Not saying I want it to happen but given the way the government have been proceeding recently I could see it happening.

Case numbers only started rising recently though, so you would not expect hospitalisations to rise yet - though I think they are in Bolton?
Bolton is helping show the vaccines work. 90% of those in hospital haven't had one. Hence why it was shameful surge vaccinations was slapped down.

Another thing to look at is the % rate from testing. That is holding pretty steady at the moment. Surge testing finding cases but not really an increase. Currently bouncing around 0.7 & 0.9%

I have given up guessing what the corrupt fuckwit will do. I don't think he knows until he actually opens his mouth but it's going to take a huge uptick for him to change course. He risks losing his own MP's and some members of his cult.

"753 Covid patients in NHS hospitals today - increased rates of discharge are helping to keep numbers steady against small rises in daily admissions . But no big surges yet. In Bolton, 48 Covid patients now in hospital. 3 admissions in past 24 hrs against 7 discharges"

Kenny. Your TWF MP. Minister for being Overly Positive during a Pandemic (also covering the I Want to Get on a Plane Again Office)

Just saw a story that you have had 20,000 new cases in the last week and there may be delays in opening back up.
Texas has also had 20,000 in the last week - out of a population of 30 million. Yet over here everything is fully open, masks are no longer required (in most places), the trend is downwards almost everywhere, this weekend is very busy for traveling, and the general feeling is that we are over the virus.
Not saying that either reaction is right or wrong, but peoples perceptions are very different.

She had the jab yesterday and I'm delighted to report no reaction at all so far apart from a slightly sore arm.
That’s great news, pleased to hear it. My sister was similar to myself after the first AZ and had the second the same day as your good lady, but was absolutely fine too. Falling apart after the second jab is starting to get a bit embarrassing.

Not helped of course by the ignominy of the wife having no effects whatsoever. She volunteered for the very first trials that went on for months when working Covid frontline over a year ago. I think we just assumed she was placebo given there were seemingly no effects at all, but no, once the results were unblinded discovered superwoman had been given the real thing.

Honestly, I’m already dreading a booster. I could cope with the jab, it’s the knowing she’ll have hers and will probably cycle home on a unicycle juggling a couple of chainsaws that is the really tough part.

Empty vessel making a bit of noise. No way BoZo delays 21 June. It would cost him popularity within the hawkish element of the party. Of course the polls will still be in favour but he wants to be liked.
Except they aren’t an empty vessel. Their often contrary opinion to the prevailing nonsense has preceded government u-turns on a number of occasions.

Except they aren’t an empty vessel. Their often contrary opinion to the prevailing nonsense has preceded government u-turns on a number of occasions.
It didn't take IndySage to know the government were talking nonsense on previous occasions though

I think its possible it might get delayed for a few weeks but unlikely. Depends whether the sharp increase of cases over the last couple of days turns into significant increases in hospitalisations and deaths....hopefully not

That’s great news, pleased to hear it. My sister was similar to myself after the first AZ and had the second the same day as your good lady, but was absolutely fine too. Falling apart after the second jab is starting to get a bit embarrassing.

Not helped of course by the ignominy of the wife having no effects whatsoever. She volunteered for the very first trials that went on for months when working Covid frontline over a year ago. I think we just assumed she was placebo given there were seemingly no effects at all, but no, once the results were unblinded discovered superwoman had been given the real thing.

Honestly, I’m already dreading a booster. I could cope with the jab, it’s the knowing she’ll have hers and will probably cycle home on a unicycle juggling a couple of chainsaws that is the really tough part.
I watched the latest ZOE Q&A on YT yesterday, and apparently the worse your side effects are, the stronger your immune system is and the less severely Covid-19 would have affected you. People like me and your wife, who had no effects at all, would probably have dropped dead in 5 minutes if we'd caught it. So you can tell her you have the immune system of a 30-year-old.

Just has Moderna, in the new AFC Wimbledon Plough Lane stadium. Nice stadium to be fair, good to see they've not made it totally plastic, will have to try and watch a game here next year.

Just has Moderna, in the new AFC Wimbledon Plough Lane stadium. Nice stadium to be fair, good to see they've not made it totally plastic, will have to try and watch a game here next year.
I played on the pitch there the other week - it's great there! Also plan to go and watch a game

Reactions: jlo
Well as expected Melbourne will continue to be in lockdown for at least another week. That will be 172 lockdown days in 14 months.

By the way the new infections are running at around 5 per day or 0.01% of tests.

I've lived in Melbourne for two-thirds of my life.

I grew up in England and New Zealand and shifted here in my early-20s. Never once did I look back after emigrating. Never once have I longed to return to my birth country. Visits to my family in New Zealand have been frequent and happy occasions, but I was always pleased to come back to my “home" of Melbourne.

Now, well now, it's different. I'd high-tail it back in a heartbeat if I could (my youngest daughter is doing a 4 year course at uni at present).

There's a cloud of depression that hangs over every locked-up inhabitant, a sense of helplessness that wafts like cheap perfume, even outdoors on a gorgeous winter's day. There's red-faced embarrassment over the blame-shifting and incompetence of the government (one that has never had my vote, to be clear). There's slack-jaw astonishment over those that still, unspeakably and unreasonably, believe the Andrews' government is doing a good job.

Last edited:
Back