• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I wouldn't claim to properly understand this, but the headline is that 1 jab (Pfizer) doesn't do much to protect you against the Indian variant - 2 does, but effectiveness reduces over time so boosters are required.

Basically they are saying the vaccine isn’t as effective against it (obviously, it wasn’t the antigen they used to make it, that has now changed and will keep changing), however the mRNA vaccines are very easy to change for your “booster”.

They haven’t actually established what decreased efficacy of the vaccine will have as the people they tested were healthy, and therefore didn’t require hospitalisation (and wouldn’t have needed it without a vaccine in over 99% of cases).

So what do we do. We either keep wasting time giving a vaccine to people who don’t need it to try and protect the over 60s, yet don’t actually protect them as it doesn’t stop spread and continues to mutate, concentrate our vaccination efforts on the JCVI 1-9 (boosters), or just pick and Old strategy and find it probably won’t make that much difference either way as a very low hospitilastion rate with no immunity will now be a very very very low hospitalisation rate with “some immunity” (herd, vaccine, whatever)

Government leaking like a sieve again. Looks like they're going to delay everything because er, I don't know why. Sake.

They really need to end mask wearing soon. I can’t begin to explain how bad it is mentally for the deaf and hard of hearing. Spend all your life learning lip reading and having that taken from you is horrid.

Masks will be the last to go I'm afraid.

Certainly seeing more and more cracking now. For a set of people who love freedom more than others we have, overall, accepted the Government's rules but cracks are appearing now. They push this out beyond July and Boris may even lose 1% of his voting popularity, such is the growing anger...I'm joking of course, people will moan but he will probably get the Tories over 50%.

I can’t describe how bad the mask is for me mentally. I have a right to be able to communicate.

There will be riots if it is delayed. I'm not an antivaxxer or conspiracy loon, I've played along, but I'm done now.
Hospitalizations and deaths are virtually nothing among the vaccinated, let it go now...
I did try and canvass opinion on this at work. Was actually surprised by the response. Largely people weren’t bothered as “things are pretty much normal now anyway”.

In my life they pretty much are too. But still, what are the need for “another 2 weeks”, then another, and another and so on. There’s no scientific reason for it, so what is the reason? I’m not an organised person, I don’t plan weeks in advance. So stop making me have to book things or queue for shit because there’s one other person in the shop (with a mask on!)

Last edited:
colleague at work had her 2nd jab appt cancelled, and re-booked 4 weeks earlier. probably going to look at bringing mine forward tomorrow.

postman told mrs jelly this morning that there's an outbreak at their depot and they're "dropping like flies" apparently?

I had my second yesterday. 24hrs later no symptoms other than the dead arm, whereas after the first I had the aching limbs and tiredness for about 12 hours the day after

12 weeks innit for AZ?

I think you can move it but fuck that noise. I'll hang on.

Shifted it now I think, 5 weeks onwards. Cba to change mine as it’s in a week.

Back