• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Oh. I've had a couple of missed calls today. I don't answer numbers I don't recognise though.

June 21st is getting knocked back by a fortnight as per The Times, which we all know is a Government leak

Lad at work in his 30s had his first Pfizer jab earlier and ended up in the back of an ambulance with an allergic reaction. Full on throat swelling anaphylaxis stuff.

I assumed they'd given him an Epinephrine injection but he said he was given a tablet that acted in seconds. Never even heard of that. Some kind of strong anti-histamine?

Lad at work in his 30s had his first Pfizer jab earlier and ended up in the back of an ambulance with an allergic reaction. Full on throat swelling anaphylaxis stuff.

I assumed they'd given him an Epinephrine injection but he said he was given a tablet that acted in seconds. Never even heard of that. Some kind of strong anti-histamine?
Hmmm probably not as bad as he’s saying then. Threat to airway then it’s adrenaline. If he’s just an allergic reaction then chlorphenamine will do the trick. Not sure on “acted in seconds mind”. Tablets don’t work that way, need to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Possible some lozenge that dissolves supplying the ingredient topically.

Bit of a difference between my throat is tight vs I can’t breathe though

Last edited:
Yeah maybe. He said it was scary and the tablet the paramedic gave him worked really fast.

Of course if his throat was that bad, he wouldn't be able to swallow a tablet.

He said "lip, tongue and throat swelling, as well as shaky hands and chest pain".

Likely just a mild allergic reaction. Scary enough if you experience it though no doubt.

Oh, no doubt.

When I get it I know within literally a couple of seconds. Inside a couple of minutes I'm in real trouble. Within 10 minutes I doubt I'd be conscious.

I've had to show Rachel what to do if the worst happens. No doubt she wants to stab me in the thigh half the time anyway so everyone wins.

I didn't realise you were allergic to anything.

Other than shit Wolves managers/players.

Yeah I hate wasps. Stripy yellow bastards.

Had a nest of them in my eaves a couple of years ago.

Yeah maybe. He said it was scary and the tablet the paramedic gave him worked really fast.

Of course if his throat was that bad, he wouldn't be able to swallow a tablet.

Could be a steroid tablet they'd give to somebody having an asthma attack to assist breathing and reducing inflammation.

Just talking with my sister who does track and trace for Staffordshire council - last week 4 cases, this week 70 (and that was as of Thursday). Mostly young, but some actually quite seriously ill.

They’ve fucking fucked it again. Utter cunts.

You seem shocked they have. Don't forget though, they are doing their best and that's enough.

Just talking with my sister who does track and trace for Staffordshire council - last week 4 cases, this week 70 (and that was as of Thursday). Mostly young, but some actually quite seriously ill.

They’ve fucking fucked it again. Utter cunts.
70 cases in Staffordshire, mostly young so assuming unvacinated I presume ?

70 cases in Staffordshire, mostly young so assuming unvacinated I presume ?
Only 4 of those fully vaccinated, but plenty with just one dose apparently.

Back