• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Had a text today telling me i can move up jab two (currently 9/7) as I'm in a hugh priority group. News to me?

The priority group = anyone with 1 jab at least 5 weeks ago. Even better if you had AZ as we have shit loads of that left.

I inadvertently booked my second jab for while the England match was on. Turned out ok though as the Black Country Museum was empty and I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

How do you go about bringing it forward if you want to?

Ah, memories of when Lil' Marky Francois threatened an Army general with "sending Cummings to sort you out".

The fucking radish faced idiot.

Although I suppose he was in the Army*.

rf1_0625.jpg

*Like Gareth Keenan was

How do you go about bringing it forward if you want to?
Yeah, as others have said you need to cancel your original appointment and then book a new one.

It’s not obvious when you go on the site and it’s one of those things that drives me mad. The website needs to talk to me as though I’m a simpleton - “If you wish to change your existing appointment to an earlier one you must cancel your existing appointment first. You will then be able to rebook”

You can’t see date/time options until you’ve cancelled the existing one first, so you think (well, I did at least) your new appointment is going to end up being later than the one you are about to cancel or will be a zillion miles away from where you would like to go so you are tempted not to bother.

It all worked out in the end and the appointment did come forward a couple of weeks but I didn’t think it was clear. Pretty sure most people will think it’s blatantly obvious anyway, but I dunno, I kind of like/need the simpleton factor.

Last edited:
I'm a bit conflicted really. On one hand the current rules are absolutely fine for me atm, relaxation or otherwise will have zero impact on my life (selfish I know). Plus I am a bit concerned that some of the variants that have emerged have been far more virulent.
On the other hand if we don't open up soon, there are a lot of businesses and individuals who might never recover economically.

This virus is a proper bastard

I'm a bit conflicted really. On one hand the current rules are absolutely fine for me atm, relaxation or otherwise will have zero impact on my life (selfish I know). Plus I am a bit concerned that some of the variants that have emerged have been far more virulent.
On the other hand if we don't open up soon, there are a lot of businesses and individuals who might never recover economically.

This virus is a proper bastard

It’s very hard psychologically now to deal with this as the focus is shifting to new variants and ‘what ifs?’

Jesus Christ, that is a spiral we can never escape vaccination or no vaccination. I don’t think I can even entertain the headspace for living with this indefinitely. If I’m honest my barometer has become hospital admissions. I can cope and accept when it’s evident the NHS is (or at serious risk of being) overwhelmed.

Maintaining these level of restrictions because of strains that might not even exist at the moment is the point when I’m done.

I'm not conflicted, just annoyed. It's certainly sensible to increase the vaccinated percentage to guard against a third wave, and we certainly wouldn't have been in this position had Boris or his pet scientists not decided to let the delta variant run riot for a fortnight so we could flog some stuff to India.

Apparently there are over 2m unvaccinated over 50s. Fuck these people*. They should forfeit their right to care if they catch Covid.

tenor.gif

*Unless there's a genuine medical reason why they can't have a vaccine. But I would think it's mostly fake Laurence Fox style exemptions.

Back