• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

If he does this now, we are coming for you...
But then the u18s will be unvaccinated going back to school ready for the autumn surge. Plus the further variants from the late summer holidays, plus the over 50s will need boosters by then delaying the rest of the vaccination efforts. Probably need to maintain restrictions until March to be safe.

It is in breach of the Ministerial Code isn't it? Who is in charge of the Ministerial Code?

He slapped down Alex the not so last week at PMQ's. Said something along the lines of "This is Prime Ministers question time and you should be answering the question and not questioning the opposition." The response was something along the lines of "with respect i'll do as I fucking well like.

Interesting to see what he can actually do but my guess is sweet FA. Maybe he'll go a bit more Bercow and bend the rules as at least that way there was an element of holding the government to account.

But then the u18s will be unvaccinated going back to school ready for the autumn surge. Plus the further variants from the late summer holidays, plus the over 50s will need boosters by then delaying the rest of the vaccination efforts. Probably need to maintain restrictions until March to be safe.
We'll perhaps get another 10-15% fully jabbed in 4 wks, but I imagine the main thing they'll be looking at is hospitalisations and deaths. I'd guess/hope they won't have gone up too much, but at this stage that's all it can be - a guess. Hopefully, we'll have better actual data by then.

Apparently when he delays the easing of restrictions, an exemption will be made for sporting events meaning that a full house can attend the Euro Final at Wembley

"New data from Public Health England suggests both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca jabs can cope with the variant first identified in India as well as the Alpha variant first identified in Kent, the research found.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was found to be 94% effective against hospital admission after just one dose, and 96% after two doses.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was found to be 71% effective against hospital admission after one dose, and 92% after two doses.

PHE says the protection against death is expected to be high, although further research is taking place."

So, 4 weeks confirmed but a review after 2 weeks to see if things have changed for the better

Boris Johnson announces he's postponing June 21 by four weeks to July 19 - adds he's "confident" it won't need to be delayed still further.

File with over in 12 weeks, gone by Christmas, enjoy a family get together at Christmas, over by Easter, all done on the 21st June...

Wakes and weddings as many as you want, as pissed as you like. It's the populist inconsistencies which continue to irritate

Restriction on wedding guests lifted but you still can't do crazy things like sing and have a dance at them (bar 1st dance) and of course as venues will still be under restrictions, masks etc to be worn in line with normal covid restrictions

So, every adult should have their 1st jab by the 19th July. If the 5 week window for the 2nd jab is maintained, that should mean by the 13th August, every adult should be fully jabbed.

Also asking for the decision to not give the under 40's the AZ vaccine to be looked at as the risk balance has now changed (would also bring J&J back into the game as that is the same type as vaccine as AZ)

Wimbledon - Tournament will run at 50% capacity apart from the Mens and Womens Finals. They will be full capacity
Euro Semi & Finals - At least 40000 allowed in (think the last 16 game at Wembley is inc in the 40k as well)
British GP may be allowed to be full capacity but needs an exempton as the race is the day before things change/get extended for 4 more weeks

Guessing football clubs were hoping for more clarity today ahead of putting ST's on sale, so could be buying our over priced tickets just days before the season starts now

I’m going to the last 16 game at Wembley - being in a stadium of 40000 again even if it is half full is going to be surreal

Back