• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Apparently there are over 2m unvaccinated over 50s. Fuck these people*. They should forfeit their right to care if they catch Covid.

tenor.gif

*Unless there's a genuine medical reason why they can't have a vaccine. But I would think it's mostly fake Laurence Fox style exemptions.
I don't disagree (although I probably wouldn't want to live under a regime that would implement such a measure), but also I don't think that cohort is either primarily driving the current increase or comprising the bulk of hospital admissions. Herd immunity is the only way out of this clusterfuck, and if they'd all been jabbed we'd still be in the same position since 2m other people might not have been.*

*I'm assuming the vax programme has been running at more or less full gas. Kenny will probably know for sure.

I don't disagree (although I probably wouldn't want to live under a regime that would implement such a measure), but also I don't think that cohort is either primarily driving the current increase or comprising the bulk of hospital admissions. Herd immunity is the only way out of this clusterfuck, and if they'd all been jabbed we'd still be in the same position since 2m other people might not have been.*

*I'm assuming the vax programme has been running at more or less full gas. Kenny will probably know for sure.
The problem is they are more at risk, if Covid only affected the young then you probably wouldn’t vaccinate anyone - we are doing it to protect the older people.

I'm all for freedom of choice, but when you're impacting on the lives of tens of millions of people who've done nothing wrong (as they are, as much as it may not be the primary driver), then fuck off.

If I run across the M54 later then that's my look out really, isn't it.

Yeah I agree, we are very much getting to the point where, apart from a very small minority, if you are older and not vaccinated its on you.

Leads to difficulty from then onwards, you can't refuse to treat them so even when its there fault the NHS still falls over.

Apparently there are over 2m unvaccinated over 50s. Fuck these people*. They should forfeit their right to care if they catch Covid.

tenor.gif

*Unless there's a genuine medical reason why they can't have a vaccine. But I would think it's mostly fake Laurence Fox style exemptions.

Oi, I'm 50 and haven't even been offered one yet!! That said I was offered 4 by the NHS but cant just hop on a plane and fly a few hundred miles to get one.

I see the Dr's dealing with Eriksen have had to release statements saying the player has not had the Covid vaccine after a load of anti-vaxxers were claiming it was the vaccine that caused his heart to stop on Saturday. Just no words for scum like that really.

Mrs Lupo had her 2nd on Saturday and had even less reaction than the 1st, not even a sore arm

All of our parents have had both and none of them suffered anything apart from a sore arm so hopefully I complete the set on Saturday

So, the Furlough scheme is set to change from the 1st July as it winds down to closing in September. Not changing that despite the fact a whole host of industries are about to be told to stay shut or at hugely reduced capacity.
A huge kick in the bollocks.

I've just had enough of it all now tbh. Everybody that is at serious risk of hospitalisation has had vaccine offered to them, so now we just need to get back to something approaching normal. There are always going to be variants, there are always going to be surges - but all we can do is minimise the risk. We can't just go into restrictions every few months

So, the Furlough scheme is set to change from the 1st July as it winds down to closing in September. Not changing that despite the fact a whole host of industries are about to be told to stay shut or at hugely reduced capacity.
A huge kick in the bollocks.
The people I write for don't have anything to do, so I don't have anything to do.

These are the knock-on effects that people don't realise when they say "well you can go to the pub, what are you moaning about".

It's a really easy choice for them. Just leave it another month.

It's not for me with no income, is it.

"Oh but you can go to the pub, what are you complaining about". Fuck off.

The company that I used to work for are completely taking the piss with the Furlough scheme and are just using it to help the month end figures. They're even Furloughing people for odd day here and there to save a few quid. Total piss take.
Unfortunately there will always be some that abuse the system. I thought to be furloughed it had to be done in 3 weeks spells or was that changed?

Daughter is currently half way through her current 3 week spell of furlough

The firm I was working for before I retired milked it for all it was worth, always someone in a dept on a 3 week furlough......it meant the people left had to work their bollocks off

I’ve been trying to look through the stats at vaccinations and hospitilisations by age. But the data is so badly grouped it’s 65+ and 18-64 so pretty useless to draw any conclusions from.

Although there are roughly 25m over 50s in the UK (2019 numbers) and 30m are fully vaccinated. Seems likely that all the over 50s are fully vaccinated plus 3 weeks to produce antibodies (except the 2m who have rejected it). Large numbers of the under 50s have either had it already by virtue of having kids in schools or universities, 12m have had one dose ranging down to people in their late 20s!

So I’m not sure what 4 weeks will change. The risk is already super low for those people. We’re going to get another 5m doses in but that’s going to be statisically insignificant. Some first doses into the 20-29s and some second doses into the 40-45s.

There’s very little statistical Risk between 40-45s and 30-39s. So what’s the point? If you’re doing 4 weeks, it needs to be 12 then to finish all the adult population!

Wasps (the cunts) and peanuts.
hate wasps too, been stung like 9 times and they always come around the head and face. I have a phobia and have literally turned long tables around while standing up to run away from them at midsummer dinners...

Back