• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

It's amazed me how bad Australia have been regarding vaccinations, they were in a great position with controlling the spread of covid right from the start and have had opportunity to get everyone jabbed but didn't and now seem to be paying the price

It's amazed me how bad Australia have been regarding vaccinations, they were in a great position with controlling the spread of covid right from the start and have had opportunity to get everyone jabbed but didn't and now seem to be paying the price
The Australian PM should be skull-fucked ! ! ! In fact he's a CUNT of the highest order !

He said, early in the year, "It's not a race" . . . . ie no hurry to get vaxed . . . well the country is now fractured and broken. This Zero COVID strategy is utter insanity.

The Feds didn't secure enough vaxs, and the AZ vax which is produced here has been demonised by numerous senior state health officers due to 1 in 2 million chance of dying from a blood clot . . . FFS . . . FFS . . . At times AZ was restricted to over 50s, then over 60s and then if you were under 40 now consult your doctor. It's been a fucking disgrace that has led to high vax hesitancy with AZ which is absurd given the success it has been in the UK.

Vax targets have been set to 70%-80% . . . and we're at around 20% (double-jabbed) . . . so we won't hit those targets, at best, until at the end of this year (ironically I got my 2nd AZ jab today).

An hour ago, my son rang me to tell me his best friend tried to commit suicide . . . he's now in hospital.

The utter despair around the joint is rife.

Feel for you Wolfman & I hope your son’s friend makes a full recovery

Feel for you Wolfman & I hope your son’s friend makes a full recovery
Thanks mate.

My son is OK . . . shocked . . . but he's coping. I won't go into details but his friend was very lucky.

Was reading that regardless of lockdown severity the biggest deciding factor in how many deaths a country suffers is how fat the population is. There have been countries that haven't locked down and had a low death rate and countries that have, with a high one.

I think these lockdowns are going to come to be seen as a huge mistake once the true cost becomes apparent, we've fucked multiple future generations all because the cowards that lead us can't bear to be held responsible for a single avoidable death.

Was reading that regardless of lockdown severity the biggest deciding factor in how many deaths a country suffers is how fat the population is. There have been countries that haven't locked down and had a low death rate and countries that have, with a high one.

I think these lockdowns are going to come to be seen as a huge mistake once the true cost becomes apparent, we've fucked multiple future generations all because the cowards that lead us can't bear to be held responsible for a single avoidable death.
U.S is the same… there was a festival in the mid west states where 800 people got covid (I will find the article) zero deaths have been announced for 3 weeks after but because of the cases & medium vaccine uptake a mask mandate has been enforced and a ban on mass gatherings is being considered.

It’s getting stupid… again!

Interesting post CambridgeWolf. I’ve been pretty careful throughout the pandemic, but within the next to weeks I will be back at the football everyweek, in packed pubs and have a few gigs lined up. Life needs to go on and being double jabbed should hopefully allow this to happen.

I agree, but transitioning from reasonably carefully managed social interactions into what is effectively a free-for-all is a game-changer.

At that level of interaction there is an inevitability at some stage you’ll catch Covid and you (/all of us doing the same thing) have to seriously consider the ramifications of that - not just that you’ve put your total trust in the vaccine, but the effects on your household overall.

In terms of the illness itself, my experience is one of a fairly typical ‘rough’ cold, but the barking cough and increasing lethargy would have me shitting myself were it not for the double vaccination, I don’t mind admitting that. I’m 50’s reasonably slim/healthy non-smoker but wouldn’t want to be taking that on in poor health/unvaccinated for sure.

The effects of household isolation are are well known although you might as well go the whole hog and put a black X on your door, everyone in the household is shutdown and that’s it, no discussion needed. I’d taken a couple of weeks off pre-London to decorate house and now this, so that’s effectively a month with no wedge. The wife is two days into a new job and that’s buggered for ten days too - no doubt extended if/when she tests positive which let’s just say is far from ideal.

Upon reflection my views haven’t changed and we do need to move forward, but in doing so to that level we need to be accepting individually at some stage we are going to have to ‘take the hit’ and have insight into what that really means.

One thing is for sure, I certainly empathise more with those who are frightened and just don’t want to take that risk at all, that must be a very difficult place to be.

Similar story to the previous page...double jabbed 6 weeks ago, went to a festival this weekend, was so happy life was getting back to normal. Seeing smiles on people's faces, dancing, tunes, had just the best time. Everybody had to test negative on the day to get in, I did, and then negative again two days later.

Then the hangover just got worse, I'd put aches down to 46k on the step counter, sore throat down to the smoking, and well, you can guess the rest. Positive on lateral flow this morning for FUCKS SAKE. PCR booked for later, but looks like ten days of isolation without the kids, we've had to close the whole office down, and I had a long weekend in Edinburgh booked. Bastard gutted

Similar story to the previous page...double jabbed 6 weeks ago, went to a festival this weekend, was so happy life was getting back to normal. Seeing smiles on people's faces, dancing, tunes, had just the best time. Everybody had to test negative on the day to get in, I did, and then negative again two days later.

Then the hangover just got worse, I'd put aches down to 46k on the step counter, sore throat down to the smoking, and well, you can guess the rest. Positive on lateral flow this morning for FUCKS SAKE. PCR booked for later, but looks like ten days of isolation without the kids, we've had to close the whole office down, and I had a long weekend in Edinburgh booked. Bastard gutted
Sorry to hear that. What’s your situation with the app?

I’ve had texts telling me to log in and enter a particular code every couple of hours since the result, then they’ve been on the blower for a long ‘interview’ today, a good 30 minutes or more.

Just to say you’ll need a pen and paper and a good memory. You can reduce the time by getting your timeline in order beforehand, with all names, addresses, numbers, to hand. Might sound daft but a lot of time is wasted googling the address of some corner shop or a random pub somewhere that you visited a week or so ago.

They are pretty brutal with the questions but I suppose only doing their job. Up to you of course how much you disclose. Seems pretty obvious where your infection came from but they’d still want to go further back than that and have it all out.

What a bummer about the inconvenience and impact though, it’s a real bitch, but I guess there are others that would’ve been very happy to get away with that at least.

Sorry to hear that. What’s your situation with the app?

I’ve had texts telling me to log in and enter a particular code every couple of hours since the result, then they’ve been on the blower for a long ‘interview’ today, a good 30 minutes or more.

Just to say you’ll need a pen and paper and a good memory. You can reduce the time by getting your timeline in order beforehand, with all names, addresses, numbers, to hand. Might sound daft but a lot of time is wasted googling the address of some corner shop or a random pub somewhere that you visited a week or so ago.

They are pretty brutal with the questions but I suppose only doing their job. Up to you of course how much you disclose. Seems pretty obvious where your infection came from but they’d still want to go further back than that and have it all out.

What a bummer about the inconvenience and impact though, it’s a real bitch, but I guess there are others that would’ve been very happy to get away with that at least.
Cheers for the tips! Presumably won't get the calls until my pcr result is through, which guessing will be tomorrow arvo at the earliest. Going to be a nightmare trying to plot it all out, we went to about 8 different bars before and after the festival, and I did 3 pubs and the chippy on Sunday too :LOL:

Gutted for you Del fingers crossed on a negative PCR.

I’ve been on 3am starts all week doing Rail Replacement & have been hoping not to get called or have a positive test because I’m going up after work this afternoon. Thankfully its been very quiet & with the people I have seen mask wearing has been non existent & still had a negative lateral flow this morning.

My brother got his first jab on Thursday. Vaccine rollout in Oz is absolutely shambolic.

Odd that Toowoomba appears to have no restrictions and yet from the bottom of the hill at the end of town all the way to the coast and Brisbane everywhere is in lockdown.

My brother got his first jab on Thursday. Vaccine rollout in Oz is absolutely shambolic.

Odd that Toowoomba appears to have no restrictions and yet from the bottom of the hill at the end of town all the way to the coast and Brisbane everywhere is in lockdown.
A mate of mine (in his early 60s) who lives just outside Newcastle, NSW had his 1st jab just over a week ago. Oz seems to think that they can defeat C19 by lockdowns. The public have been slow on the uptake and suspicious of the vax mainly down to misinformation about bloodclots, changes to DNA, not enough research, etc.

Back