• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Christ, I could have written that first paragraph word for word šŸ˜¬

Ahhh offices, remember them?

I do agree with this article and from my point of view I would say I am happier in my job working from home than I have been in the office for many years. I have a series of doctors appointments over the next 2 weeks, went for one this morning, normally working in Wolverhampton and living in Bridgnorth this sort of thing would be a problem but not currently. The Wolves to Bridgnorth Road has been closed for the past few days due to the body being found, normally this would be a big problem but not now without my needless commute.

My work/life balance has improved immeasurably and there is nothing I cannot do from home that I cold do in the office. In the short term at least we are looking at a hybrid working system, we can now go into the office if we so wish or if required but have to book a desk in advance, we cannot simply turn up. I have not worked in the office for 17 months now and have not been near the Civic Centre for almost a year (went to collect computer equipment last September).

The Council carries out regular surveys to gauge our opinions/benefits/problems of WFH and most of the results are very positive not to mention the benefits to the atmosphere with reduced traffic and pollution by cutting so many unnecessary journey. The Chief Executive seems very keen on this and also the benefits to people's wellbeing so we will see how it pans out long term.

Our offices have still been open throughout the pandemic for staff who haven't been able to WFH. We're now gradually welcoming staff back in on a staggered basis. However someone has now decided that face masks will be mandatory for all staff in all communal areas, when they haven't been for the last 18 months...

If someone can do their job just as well from home and prefers to work from home then I see no reason why they should be made to go back into the office.

I wish I could have worked from home. I reckon Iā€™d have loved it (although perhaps not at the same time as trying to home school the kids last year!)

I've worked from home (or travelled) since 2012 - up to now not as intense though. I've always been able to get more done at home, but it can get a little weary after a while. There's a nice hybrid to be had for most people - blanket telling people to go back or get pay reductions is utter stupidity.

I have no desire to go back, however I'll have to do at least 1 day a week from September and then 3 once our full policy is decided. Going to add probably 90 minutes onto my working day when I have to go in.

I see Google are starting to reduce wages for employees who choose to work from home in certain areas of the US.

Some as much as 15% but 10% on average.

Working in a job that simply cannot be done from home so I havenā€™t really ever thought about it.

Government confirm that from Monday (16th) if you are fully jabbed you won't need to isolate if pinged. Just asked to take a test

Canberra (Aus) has gone into a snap lockdown over a single case!

I had a brief flirtation with working form home when my job role changed temporarily, part site based part home based depending on circumstances. I got a fair amount done but back in the old role now and while I can do certain things from home I really need to be site based. Doesn't bother me which one I do really, at least I get to see a lot of different people at work and have a laugh which doesn't happen when working on your own at home.

Whatever jab is better than nothing

Going about it in completely the wrong way. Delta is in. You arenā€™t going to eradicate it. You need to mitigate it by vaccination of the population.
Exactly.

But weā€™re governed across the country by incompetent muppets (of all political persuasions) that seriously believe in Zero COVID at all costs, regardless of the collateral damage that is being done to society.

Another perverse situation we have in Oz are daily press conferences (every fucking day for at least an hour) conducted by each fucking State Premier and their fucking acolytes where they go through the daily case numbers, new ā€œrulesā€, deaths (ie the national tragedies of a death is someone in their 90s). Itā€™s nauseating, and they are broadcast across all stations. Itā€™s been going on for 18 fucking months.

Iā€™ve switched off from them, 15 months ago - so I could preserve some sanity.

To say I am fucked off . . . itā€™s just so difficult to continue living like this with literally no end in sight. I have never been so perpetually angry in all my life. Iā€™m now on medication to relax me, but the sight and hearing these imbeciles just makes me want to take a baseball bat to them.

I know itā€™s not overly healthy . . . but hey I canā€™t even leave this fucking country.

I find it very odd that a country that has done so well in keeping cases and deaths low hasn't taken the opportunity to get nearly everyone vaxxed by now, allowing a return to almost normal life......surely their scientists are telling them they need to eventually start living with covid? New Zealand seems to be almost as bad, cutting themselves off till at least 2022 and only have 20% vaccinated so far.

Back