• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The entire management of the Covid ‘pandemic’ in Australia has been and continues to be a disgraceful fiasco: a smorgasbord of incompetence, bungling and tyranny. The only plan has been to lock up the entire population until everyone gets vaccinated. I should imagine the average 14-year-old could have thought that one up.

Does Brendan not know how Covid works or has Bertand got a new strain "It's killing itself" (first identified in Leicester to go all mainstream media...)

In the last couple of hours the Victorian State Premier announced that Melbourne will be under a curfew (9pm-5am) for at least 2 weeks.

I kid you not there was even talks of having armed troops in the streets at night . . . but that was not given the go-ahead.

Oh and the Premier has decreed that all outdoor playgrounds, skate-parks and other places used by children and teenagers are to be closed.

Note we had a curfew for 3 months last year in the 111 day lockdown.

We're running at around 20 odd cases per day (for the last 10 or so days), plus there's only 4 people in total in hospital and one of those is on an ICU - no deaths former with COVID at all this year.

Oh and and the short sharp lockdown in Melbourne which was scheduled for a week has been extended for at least 4 weeks now. We will be in hard lockdown for over 7 months now (out of 17). I also read the other day, that in the last 17 months we have only had just over 30 days without any serious-level restrictions.

The insanity of Zero-COVID continues . . . it's a defacto soft police state we're living in.

Last edited:
I must admit, when I heard the news yesterday about troops on the streets and draconian fines it sent a shiver down my spine. I've got no time for conspiracy theories, but this is positively Orwellian. I can only hope that, come polling day, karma wreaks vengeance upon these little Hitlers.

It really is crazy how well NZ and Australia handled their lockdowns initially but have fucked up their vaccine programmes and now feel the need to isolate themselves from the rest of the world

Its how they have handled it from the start. The lockdown is so they can find as many people who have come into contact with the 1 and kill its spread. Auckland is for 7 days and rest is just 3 days.

It made sense at the start of the pandemic, wish we'd done the same but you have to get the nation vaccinated as soon as possible so you can start trying to live with the virus

It made sense at the start of the pandemic, wish we'd done the same but you have to get the nation vaccinated as soon as possible so you can start trying to live with the virus
isn't there a huge logistical issue with the vaccines to NZ. They are only getting limited numbers (been a while since I read anything though).
last I saw they expected to have offered everyone the 2 jabs by Spring next year and its only then they will drop the lockdowns when things go to shit. I guess they have at least had normality, bar foreign travel in the gap between cases.

Didn't, know they were having trouble getting supplies
They have only fully approved 1 vaccine, which is Pfizer. The bulk of their order was due to arrive in the 2nd half of this year, so their start was delayed when compared to a lot of other countries.
Seems they are going all in on Pfizer even though their scientists have approved AZ & J&J. Looks like on those they will end up donating their orders to other countries as they have enough Pfizer ordered to vacc the whole Country.

A third, booster, shot now approved over here for those who had Moderna or Pfizer. Wife is very eager to get it, but must wait until 8 months after the first shots.
Also there are definitely more people wearing masks again. Local Walmart has a big sign saying they strongly recommend masks, but it is a huge political/cultural problem. TX governor has said no mandates, some school districts imposed them anyway (most schools are open this week), lower courts sided with the schools, TX Supreme Court sided with the governor, but a district judge has somehow allowed mandates again. A high number of cases especially among younger people, and a lot of parents are very worried.

They have only fully approved 1 vaccine, which is Pfizer. The bulk of their order was due to arrive in the 2nd half of this year, so their start was delayed when compared to a lot of other countries.
Seems they are going all in on Pfizer even though their scientists have approved AZ & J&J. Looks like on those they will end up donating their orders to other countries as they have enough Pfizer ordered to vacc the whole Country.
Not using vaccines that have been approved is a fuck up imo and probably has slowed their roll out

Not using vaccines that have been approved is a fuck up imo and probably has slowed their roll out
Again though don't think they would have arrived earlier than Pfizer (which was the first one they ordered), so would have made little difference to them.

They need ten million total doses to fully vaccinate their population. That really shouldn’t be this hard to get.

They need ten million total doses to fully vaccinate their population. That really shouldn’t be this hard to get.
Not hard to get just when they get delivered. The EU, UK and others got in first so they had to wait, hence 2nd part of this year before they arrived.

Like Aus they’re pant wetting over the super rare link to the blood clots.
Nope, read up on it. They have 4 jabs on order, all were due mid-late this year. When they knew they had enough Pfizer coming in they decided to go with 1 jab so never bothered pushing the rest for final approval. They will end up donating a few millions jabs to poorer nations.

Back