• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Major League Wrestling has cancelled it’s show’s in Texas till 2022 due to the Peru Variant & a rise of cases in the Indian Variant. Seems to be a lot of pant wetting state side without the deaths to match up to the super scary variants.

Major League Wrestling has cancelled it’s show’s in Texas till 2022 due to the Peru Variant & a rise of cases in the Indian Variant. Seems to be a lot of pant wetting state side without the deaths to match up to the super scary variants.
The number of cases is as high as it has ever been (deaths a lot lower). Covid is the first thought whenever anyone has an illness, and parents everywhere are really worried about kids being back in school.

No idea what Peru and India variants are. Delta variant is the big concern.

The number of cases is as high as it has ever been (deaths a lot lower). Covid is the first thought whenever anyone has an illness, and parents everywhere are really worried about kids being back in school.

No idea what Peru and India variants are. Delta variant is the big concern.
Has the Peru one got a name yet?
Indian is delta.

USA is generally more pc. We don't refer to variants by the country where they were first located (which may not actually be the point of origin) because of negative connotations.

Lambda variant is not yet a concern.

USA is generally more pc. We don't refer to variants by the country where they were first located (which may not actually be the point of origin) because of negative connotations.

Lambda variant is not yet a concern.
Neither do we in the U.K. 🙄

Neither do we in the U.K. 🙄
My fave on this is when the WHO started to use the names like Delta instead of (possible) country of origin and our media just went with "the Delta variant....which was first discovered in India" brilliant work chaps, brilliant

Well today here in OZ there were 2 serious protests against the lockdowns held in Melbourne and Sydney which both became quite ugly and violent . . .

I watched the coverage of the freedom protests with sadness but I do think it is inappropriate to hold such an event given the current restrictions. However, I greatly empathise with the frustration, bordering on desperation, that many people have with persistent lockdowns, isolation and the inability to earn a living.

One of the most egregious phrases in the public servant Covid bingo arsenal is ‘essential worker’. It’s the notion that some jobs are more important than others, and accordingly, if your job isn’t considered ‘essential’, you get relegated to not being permitted to earn a living. Unfortunately, but unsurprisingly, the public service views the notion of ‘essential worker’ from entirely the wrong perspective. It isn’t the substance of the job itself that is essential, rather it’s what the employee receives from their employment, including self-worth, which should be the primary consideration. That is, if an employee has a job that pays the bills and puts food on the table, then that person is an essential worker. It is fundamentally unfair to use arbitrary demarcations to decide who gets to feed their family and who doesn’t.

Irrespective, I didn't understand the police response. Rubber bullets. Really? Surely empathy & de-escalation is where we should be 18 months into “2 weeks to flatten the curve”. People are desperate.

Most states in Australia have banned or imposed a requirement for Paintball guns to be licensed and under strict controls as to where they can be used and these guys are safely kitted out for their hobby. There is no such thing as an "non lethal round" against a civilian without protection and you only have to look at the stats during the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland to know this. Whoever gave the direction to use this mode of control on Australian citizens should be out of their job and I don't care how far up the food chain they are. Whats next, full metal jacket?

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 10.26.12 pm.png

Last edited:
If you ever want to go down a rabbit hole, look at their Twitter account. Absolutely batshit mental (not in an endearing way)

Should make cunts like this pay for their own treatment

I used to think like this, but a friend of mine is seriously ill with Covid as we speak.

He is a huge conspiratorialist, something that has exploded over the last 18 months or so with him, since Covid appeared really, prior to that he was a perfectly normal bloke, but now he has fully fallen down the rabbit hole. Whether it's not believing Covid even exists to believing that global debt is going to be wiped out, so therefore he has stopped paying his mortgage, car loan, council tax etc....(another story i won't bore you with, but his wife and kids are fucked)

Now we all know this is fucking stupid, but he is a victim of the cunts that pedal this shit. He has bought into all these supposed experts pushing these theories down his throat, and he ends up not taking his vaccines and (likely) catching Covid at Wembley during the Euro final.

He has a wife, he is a father of 2 young sons, and is my age (i went to school with him) so 39.

He was so convinced that Covid wasn't real ("it's just a bad cold") that he suffered with quite severe symptoms for a week before he was dragged to the hospital by another friend.

3-4 weeks later he is in induced coma and has ventilators that are breathing for him 100%, so whilst i understand when i see people say "let them die", "make them pay" and stuff like that about people who have bought into these ridiculous bullshit theories, I also now see the other side of it, when a friend who has young boys is now dying because of them.

So whilst they are idiots for believing this stuff, they are definitely victims.

Last edited:
I used to think like this, but a friend of mine is seriously ill with Covid as we speak.

He is a huge conspiratorialist, something that has exploded over the last 18 months or so with him, since Covid appeared really, prior to that he was a perfectly normal bloke, but now he has fully fallen down the rabbit hole. Whether it's not believing Covid even exists to believing that global debt is going to be wiped out, so therefore he has stopped paying his mortgage, car loan, council tax etc....(another story i won't bore you with, but his wife and kids are fucked)

Now we all know this is fucking stupid, but he is a victim of the cunts that pedal this shit. He has bought into all these supposed experts pushing these theories down his throat, and he ends up not taking his vaccines and (likely) catching Covid at Wembley during the Euro final.

He has a wife, he is a father of 2 young sons, and is my age (i went to school with him) so 39.

He was so convinced that Covid wasn't real that he suffered with quite severe symptoms for a week before he was dragged to the hospital by another friend.

3-4 weeks later he is in induced coma and has ventilators that are breathing for him 100%, so whilst i understand when i see people say "let them die", "make them pay" and stuff like that about people who have bought into these ridiculous bullshit theories, I also now see the other side of it, when a friend who has young boys is now dying because of them.
One of my best friends is like that too, believes every conspiracy theory out there..will never take the vaccine(maybe when he gets really sick i bet)..illuminati(david icke), pictures of ufos and strange animals suddenly showing up, no climate change all just natural of polar switch, eats tons of supplements to cure all the pains he says he has..the list goes on and on..it is a bit tiring tbh

He was so convinced that Covid wasn't real ("it's just a bad cold") that he suffered with quite severe symptoms for a week before he was dragged to the hospital by another friend.

So whilst they are idiots for believing this stuff, they are definitely victims.
Yeah, well said. I shouldn’t be so quick to judge. I’m currently half way through a podcast on QAnon and it’s scary how quickly people can be radicalised.

One of my best friends is like that too, believes every conspiracy theory out there..will never take the vaccine(maybe when he gets really sick i bet)..illuminati(david icke), pictures of ufos and strange animals suddenly showing up, no climate change all just natural of polar switch, eats tons of supplements to cure all the pains he says he has..the list goes on and on..it is a bit tiring tbh

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a mental illness rather than people just being, i don't know gullible?

There are a lot of people who are making a lot of money pedalling these theories.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a mental illness rather than people just being, i don't know gullible?

There are a lot of people who are making a lot of money pedalling these theories.
yeah, sadly they are making money so obviously they will continue with it..and the "weaker" people wont look behind that sadly and go with science and facts and check real sources...i think social media has really killed them though as it spreads like a fire..just look at Trump and what he did in that area before being cut off

Yeah, well said. I shouldn’t be so quick to judge. I’m currently half way through a podcast on QAnon and it’s scary how quickly people can be radicalised.
I wasn't digging at you at all by the way, as i say a month or so ago i'd have said exactly the same thing, and when i first heard about him having Covid a part of me laughed at the irony, but now, wow, it's all so real. He's at death's door.

If/when he recovers it'll be really interesting to see what happens, whether he continues to believe these theories there are many more he has bought into, (Biden has been dead for 6 months, Clinton is a sex trafficker....) or whether this is an epiphany for him.

I wasn't digging at you at all by the way, as i say a month or so ago i'd have said exactly the same thing, and when i first heard about him having Covid a part of me laughed at the irony, but now, wow, it's all so real. He's at death's door.

If/when he recovers it'll be really interesting to see what happens, whether he continues to believe these theories there are many more he has bought into, (Biden has been dead for 6 months, Clinton is a sex trafficker....) or whether this is an epiphany for him.
No I didn’t think you were, it was a good post well made.

Sounds very familiar to the podcast I’m listening to - the Clinton thing came from Q.

Similar to Lupo I wonder if it comes from a need to fill a gap - a friend of mine is somewhat down the same rabbit hole (came from a left-wing Corbyn conspiracy), now is anti-vax, cabal ruling the world etc. They lost their Dad a couple of years ago.

I know a couple of people like this as well. They aren't bad people just misguided.

People in general aren't really rational on the whole are they, just look at religion. My theory is that people want to believe there's a reason for everything, religion used to provide that comfort but since it's essentially collapsed, people feel lost and these theories provide an explanation for all of the fucked up things that are happening in the world.

EP - sorry about your friend and I hope they recover. Do you think people with the same mindset as them who do recover change their outlook at all in the aftermath? I think it would sum the whole thing up if they still found another reason for it to be a hoax etc

Back