• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Australia has lot it's mind

"NEW: Australian authorities have shot dead rescue dogs due to Covid restrictions. They shot them to stop volunteers at an animal shelter from travelling to pick them up "
Absolute lunacy!

When will they give up on the Zero-Covid dream?

Wife got her THIRD shot yesterday. She had a bit of pain after the first two shots, but felt fine yesterday. Arm sore today, may or may not be from the vaccination.

Wife got her THIRD shot yesterday. She had a bit of pain after the first two shots, but felt fine yesterday. Arm sore today, may or may not be from the vaccination.
I think once you have the shot you focus on it looking for the pain. Hope she remains side effect free

Alex Jones - of infowars 'fame' - says that trump may not be very bright because trump advised people to get vaccinated!

“Shame on you, Trump, seriously,” Jones said. “If you don’t have the good sense to save yourself and your political career, that’s OK. At least you’re going to get some good Republicans elected, and we like you. But my God, maybe you’re not that bright. Maybe Trump’s actually a dumba--.”

Wife's, sisters ex husband died of Covid recently. In his 50s, smoker and conspiracy theorist so didn't get vaccinated.

We should start classifying believing in conspiracy theories as a co-morbidity

Last edited:
Last week my only employee had flu-like symptoms, tested negative for covid. Yesterday her partner - with the same symptoms - tested positive. So she is at home and I have started wearing a mask again.

Also last week, three customers: first just recovered from covid, not vaccinated "vaccines don't work, except measles"; second a husband, wife, her mother, all vaccinated, very sick from covid, but should recover; third has a brother (40's, otherwise healthy) who had allergic reaction to 1st shot, advised by doctor not to get a 2nd shot, then caught covid and has been on a ventilator for 10 days, survival is 50-50.

My employee went to the doctor today and asked when she can come back to work. Was advised it is "employers discretion".
I don't like swearing, but FUCK THAT. Who is the supposed covid expert - the employer or the doctor? How do I decide what is safe for me and my customers? - by seeking advice from a medical professional - a doctor. Don't pass the buck to me!
So she will not be working this week.

There were some anti-vaxxers with banners at Chapel Ash after the game having verbals with Wolves fans

It just gets more and more depressing here in Melbourne . . . yesterday the Premier announced that the 6th lockdown is indefinite.

There's a cloud of depression here in Melbourne that hangs over every locked-up inhabitant, a sense of helplessness that wafts like cheap perfume, even outdoors on a gorgeous early Spring day.

Our best case for the end date appears to be in mid-November where we might hit the 80% vax target, but there's no guarantee the cunt will lift it ! There's even talk it will go into 2022 !

On Sept 26th we will pass Buenos Aires as the most lockdown city/area in the world on 238 days, but as per below we are more likely to face nearly 300 days in hard lockdown - or 9 and and a half months out of 20 months !

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.35.37 am.png

Since Delta seems to bypass the vax pretty easily, if not too seriously, herd immunity no longer seems to be an option, so I wouldn't set much store by 80% vax, either. That's where we are at here in the free world, and still ~100 deaths/day. It sound like your guys just want to barricade the doors until the bogeyman stops banging on them and goes away, so I doubt they'd put up with that figure.

Apropos of which, remember how we heard how easy it was going to be to tweak the vax to counter Covid mutations? I've heard nothing at all about that being done to provide Delta-effective booster jabs, and no one even seems to be asking that question, which seems a bit puzzling.

Since Delta seems to bypass the vax pretty easily, if not too seriously, herd immunity no longer seems to be an option, so I wouldn't set much store by 80% vax, either. That's where we are at here in the free world, and still ~100 deaths/day. It sound like your guys just want to barricade the doors until the bogeyman stops banging on them and goes away, so I doubt they'd put up with that figure.

Apropos of which, remember how we heard how easy it was going to be to tweak the vax to counter Covid mutations? I've heard nothing at all about that being done to provide Delta-effective booster jabs, and no one even seems to be asking that question, which seems a bit puzzling.
That very first sentence is going to need a source. That's a pretty big claim.

The bit about delta easily by passing vaccines?
Why ask for a source and then not read it? For any other tl;dr's:

"Getting vaccinated doesn’t entirely prevent onward transmission of the virus, particularly in the form of the now-dominant Delta variant.
And there is good evidence that testing positive for antibodies doesn’t mean you are completely protected against reinfection."

"Even if we vaccinated every single adult in the country – and we are some way off that goal – that would only add up to about 70 per cent of the entire population.
Taking into account a range of factors like this, modellers at the University of Warwick said last week that as much as one third of the UK population could still be susceptible to the Delta variant."

"That suggests that around two thirds of us do have immunity – which brings us close to the 60-70 per cent herd immunity threshold some scientists estimated at the beginning of the pandemic.
One big change since then is the rise of the Delta variant, which is much more transmissible than early forms of the virus and makes those early estimates look too optimistic.
Modellers think the R number for the Delta variant could be as high as 6 to 8 – meaning a single case can infect six to eight other people.
This implies that we would need to vaccinate 83 to 88 per cent of the entire population, including children, to reach the herd immunity threshold and stop the illness from spreading.
And that would only work if the vaccines were 100 per cent effective at preventing onward infection – which we know they are not."

(This just happened to be the first Google result when I looked, by the way. I'm sure there are plenty more.)

As I say, the bypassing isn't serious, but it's there, and so is the transmissibility to more vulnerable. And since vax effectiveness declines with time (Tim Spector, latest Zoe vid), the situation doesn't look like improving.

This is just a fact of Covid life. I'm more interested in opinions on my final sentence to be honest.

Doesn't say anything about the efficacy of the vaccine against delta?
It doesn't have to. Delta is pretty much the only game in town. If protection is waning against Covid, it's waning against Delta.

Back