• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

NSW to extend lockdown in the Central Coast by 6 weeks. NSW have also announced a roadmap once 70% double vax is achieved.

Anyone know how to get a covid passport pretty quick? I'm off to Heaton Park tomorrow and just read my ticket which states that I need one

Nice one, spent about an half an hour trying to find it online which was frustrating me, then moved some paper work on my desk and found a letter from the NHS with it on!

NSW to extend lockdown in the Central Coast by 6 weeks. NSW have also announced a roadmap once 70% double vax is achieved.
Yup that’s right - some light at the end of the tunnel for NSW.

Here in Melbourne we’re at 221 days of hard lockdown and still counting - looking at another 2 months of hard lockdown with no plan in sight in an indefinite lockdown.

I see QLD and WA have no intention of opening their borders until a much higher vaccination rate than 70% is achieved. Could take many months.

I see QLD and WA have no intention of opening their borders until a much higher vaccination rate than 70% is achieved. Could take many months.
Yes that's right - in a few months time people from NSW and Victoria will be able to fly to, and return, to the UK, Europe and the USA before they will be able to enter a state in their own country . . . it's fucking insane.

I fucking hate living in this country now.

shan't link the video because it features footage of actual CPR being administered but it would appear NSW Police have triggered a heart attack from trying to arrest a man not wearing a mask and left handcuffs on him for 4 minutes while making no attempt to give First Aid while he was unconscious. CPR was initiated by a HCP from a medical centre next to the incident.

I know @WolfmanOz has been vociferous about how draconian things are over there but this had huge George Floyd vibes for me in terms of how disturbing the video was and the officers' complete ambivalence to the individuals welfare and the fact the man's mother/family were screaming call an ambulance/informing them repeatedly he has an underlying heart condition.

Under Gladys Berejiklian’s, the NSW Premier, much lauded dispensations, “Only fully vaccinated people and those with medical exemptions will have access to the freedoms allowed under the Reopening NSW roadmap.” For example, the Monday after the 70% target is reached, retail will be opened. Drool in envy for us Melbournians. If only Chairman Dan was so enlightened.

Never in the history of human affairs has a political leader had to do so little to earn the admiration of so many fair-weather people. For the new Untouchables they will still be able to buy groceries and medicines; and, I understand, pot plants and screwdrivers, drills and hammers and suchlike will become accessible. However, shoes, clothing, books, gifts of various kinds will be off limits. Chairman Dan has been mused that they should also be denied access to medical support and facilities !

Additionally, it’s a comfort that I have complete confidence in the inability of government to implement a passport system of the ubiquitous kind Ms Berejiklian envisages in her reveries. Will there be loud beeps when an uncredentialled Mrs Jones tries to enter a gift shop?

Under Gladys Berejiklian’s, the NSW Premier, much lauded dispensations, “Only fully vaccinated people and those with medical exemptions will have access to the freedoms allowed under the Reopening NSW roadmap.” For example, the Monday after the 70% target is reached, retail will be opened. Drool in envy for us Melbournians. If only Chairman Dan was so enlightened.

Never in the history of human affairs has a political leader had to do so little to earn the admiration of so many fair-weather people. For the new Untouchables they will still be able to buy groceries and medicines; and, I understand, pot plants and screwdrivers, drills and hammers and suchlike will become accessible. However, shoes, clothing, books, gifts of various kinds will be off limits. Chairman Dan has been mused that they should also be denied access to medical support and facilities !

Additionally, it’s a comfort that I have complete confidence in the inability of government to implement a passport system of the ubiquitous kind Ms Berejiklian envisages in her reveries. Will there be loud beeps when an uncredentialled Mrs Jones tries to enter a gift shop?

Honestly Phil the difference between states out there is bloody odd. At the mo it feels like Covid has cost me my opportunity to live in Oz but we shall see.

Honestly Phil the difference between states out there is bloody odd. At the mo it feels like Covid has cost me my opportunity to live in Oz but we shall see.
Effectively the country has fractured into 8 separate states and territories, with their own petty and hard COVID lockdowns and restrictions, that is causing untold mental health damage and is ripping families apart.

We even had the pitifully sad spectacle on Father's Day last weekend of families separated by bollards as they embraced and met each other across the NSW/Qld border.

The cruelty shown by Australians towards fellow Australians during this pandemic still shocks and angers me – stopping our fellow citizens from coming home and blocking even people in desperate need from crossing state borders. None of this reconciles with the country I thought I knew.

We have done remarkably well compared to most other nations – turning our tyranny of distance into an advantage – but we allowed this success to turn into a zero-Covid obsession that is doing enormous damage.

State politicians and bureaucrats have been willing to create immense personal trauma to keep their infections slate clean, and the callous responses continues, even when the vulnerable have been vaccinated, most others have had at least one jab, and we know the virus will be endemic for years to come.

Although I live in Melbourne Victoria I see myself first and foremost as an Australian (as per my passport), not a Victorian. This is not a country that anyone could be proud of anymore.

As I have said before, I hate living here, and as an Australian citizen I can't even leave the country, at present, as I require a bureaucrat to approve an application to travel overseas (which are hardly granted).

I grew up in England and New Zealand and shifted here in my early-20s. Never once had I previously longed to return to either countries. Now, well now, it's different. I'd high-tail it back to the UK in a heart-beat if I could - the only constraint is my immediate family ie. my son, daughters and future grand-child (due in February next year). It’s a terrible dilemma . . .

The cruelty shown by Australians towards fellow Australians during this pandemic still shocks and angers me

Worldwide I suppose. This is not about health. Get a jab or lose your job. Hey, it's all a conspiracy.

Back