• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Doubt it. This is the u turn. To do another would make them look even more stupid and incompetent

Schrödinger's passports.

Practically they were just not going to work. You're going to properly check 30,000+ going into Molineux every fortnight, are you? Aye, ok then. Before we even think about logically extending that to even bigger grounds, or events that have even bigger crowds than any football match, or indoor entertainment venues that have far more people per square metre.

I mean, just think about it. Have you ever tried checking the scores on your phone at half time at Molineux? It tends to go very poorly. But we want absolutely everyone to simultaneously log into the same site, right here, right now. I'm sceptical about that one.

Got mine in my (offline) phone wallet. Works well.

Schrödinger's passports.

Practically they were just not going to work. You're going to properly check 30,000+ going into Molineux every fortnight, are you? Aye, ok then. Before we even think about logically extending that to even bigger grounds, or events that have even bigger crowds than any football match, or indoor entertainment venues that have far more people per square metre.

I mean, just think about it. Have you ever tried checking the scores on your phone at half time at Molineux? It tends to go very poorly. But we want absolutely everyone to simultaneously log into the same site, right here, right now. I'm sceptical about that one.
You can download PDFs or receive an email with an offline copy too

I appreciate what you both say. However:

How many Wolves fans to do you think are a) capable of and b) motivated to do that? And you still need to check absolutely every single fan or it's worthless.

A) it's very easy
B) they wouldn't get in without one
C) t doesn't have to be everyone for it to be effective.

For the record, I'm not saying this is a good thing to do.

Scanning your ticket against the sensor is very easy and no-one can get in without doing it.

Doesn't stop hundreds, nay thousands of fans cocking it up every week, and they're always the guy in front of me in the queue (not Kenny).

It wouldn't surprise me if Javid has just acted on his own here in ruling them out, knowing it'd look bad to sack another health secretary and the fact alot of backbenchers are on his side anyway.

I appreciate what you both say. However:

How many Wolves fans to do you think are a) capable of and b) motivated to do that? And you still need to check absolutely every single fan or it's worthless.
Not just Wolves fans. I know someone who recently went to a festival where they were required and everyone was being waved through without anything being properly checked. It’d never work. You’d need to be queuing to get in the ground an hour before.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm sure the fine individuals employed to check security at grounds would do a splendid job

Attachments

• 1631558757264.png
    1631558757264.png
    127 KB · Views: 5
Well I have read through the 32 page winter plan and it is a lot of waffle to basically say “everything like masks is voluntary everywhere, unless we mandate it and bring in vaccine passports on a week notice if it goes down the shitter. Oh and we reserve the right to go further if things get really really shit.”

I should add that the photo of Javid delivering the plan in a packed Commons with what appeared to be two Government MPs wearing a mask out of over 300 really pushed the please wear your mask message.

On the plus side the amount of cases hasn't gone crazy since the schools have gone back. In fact, cases seem to be decreasing*

Winter will bring its challenges I'm sure, but I don't think we're in a bad place

*I'm aware cases aren't as important now, but hospitalisations, ventilations and deaths are still a subset of cases, just a much smaller subset.

Looks like hospitalisations is definitely the figure to keep an eye on as the briefing made it pretty clear that NHS strain is going to be the key driver in deciding whether plan B kicks in.

Looks like hospitalisations is definitely the figure to keep an eye on as the briefing made it pretty clear that NHS strain is going to be the key driver in deciding whether plan B kicks in.
Yep, admissions and in hospital figures look steady. Hopefully they'll stay that way!

Back