• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Friend of mine who I was at school with is the same, anti-vaxxer, full on conspiracy theorist and constantly posts/shares all his madcap theories on Facebook, ridicules those who have been vaxed, etc, his parents in their 70s have declined the jab too but oddly whenever he visits them they all stand outside on the drive.

He is, like Fairbrass, big on the theory that the jab is experimental and talks of the chemicals people are allowing into their bodies which amuses me as when he is stood out here he is always exhaling large clouds of vape!

Well you hear people who are Covid deniers (or just virus deniers) who do actually get ill, say it isn’t Covid or a virus, it’s just the bodies time to do a “natural cleanse”. So you can’t guarantee they will suddenly change their ways.

These people believe in flat earths, anti vaxx, whatever. I don’t get it. These things have been proven for centuries. Are they saying that scientists have been involved in the conspiracy for centuries? What is there to gain by lying?

You also see “Dr’s” produce YouTube videos citing all their extensive qualifications but then say viruses aren’t real. Well were all your lecturers lying to you and “in on it” too? What about the PCR labs you did at uni, was that all fake? If they have the education they say they have it is impossible to believe these bat shit theories. Unless they have an ulterior motive for putting this shit out there.

Well you hear people who are Covid deniers (or just virus deniers) who do actually get ill, say it isn’t Covid or a virus, it’s just the bodies time to do a “natural cleanse”. So you can’t guarantee they will suddenly change their ways.

These people believe in flat earths, anti vaxx, whatever. I don’t get it. These things have been proven for centuries. Are they saying that scientists have been involved in the conspiracy for centuries? What is there to gain by lying?

You also see “Dr’s” produce YouTube videos citing all their extensive qualifications but then say viruses aren’t real. Well were all your lecturers lying to you and “in on it” too? What about the PCR labs you did at uni, was that all fake? If they have the education they say they have it is impossible to believe these bat shit theories. Unless they have an ulterior motive for putting this shit out there.
Maybe its just gods way to limit the amount of people on planet earth

If/when he recovers it'll be really interesting to see what happens, whether he continues to believe these theories
Sadly I think if he's that far along the crazy train he'll just chalk it up to another baseless conspiracy. Secret variant, testing bio-weapons via the virus, etc.

I dont even believe in god, im an atheist. But I belive there is something out there in spririts or some things..when I was in the beginning of my teens I had a lot of warts on my hands so I always tried to hid them..my mom then one day said she had heard of an old man who lived a bit higher up to Luleå, in Överkalix in Sweden who knew how to get rid of those...so we took the bus since my mom didnt have a driving licence. He then had some sort of yarn that he put around every one of the warts..then he threw it into an open fire and read from a book he had..he really didnt want any money but we insisted 100 swedish crowns to pay him..about 7 days after he did that the warts was completely gone(were like 15 of them)...I had them for about 6 years before that..after that, yeah I belive in something but not in god

Common sense would suggest an old remedy/ointment that the yarn had been coated in.

Common sense would suggest an old remedy/ointment that the yarn had been coated in.
I know but it was literally a yarn that the kittens play with...I had tried many different treatments before so I was really shocked, hasnt come back once since also...

God is the biggest conspiracy theory of the lot
yep, despite how good person you are other horrible people always get lucky..im thinking more of others than myself most of the time, should stop with that I guess..then you have so many different religions out there that really complicate things and even start wars..

Im estranged from my mother, the reasons for which aren't wholly linked but she is an anti vaxxer and has been for years. She refused to let me or my siblings have the BCG vaccination in school and went mental when I got it done anyway.

She loves pseudo science and is influenced by her sister who leads her down the rabbit hole. Among other things she convinced her to stop taking her cancer medication 'BeCaUsE tOxInS' ignoring the fact my sister is a qualified pharmacist and research scientist who she could have spoken to about things if she had concerns/doubts.

My sister still has a relationship with her but she is constantly trying to start conversations to debunk this or that vaccine/medication she tries to speak as if she's the authority on the subject and my sister is naive for believing in the science and doesn't see the big picture She regularly has to have 'we aren't having this conversation' moments with her.

Ignoring the Piers Corbyns for a moment, I think there are types of conspiracy theorists, leaders/recruiters and followers on a large level and local level, my mother is a follower, and as such I generally view her with sympathy/pity for being led by a contemptible arsehole (in thus case, my aunt)

I can only think anti-vexers and conspiracy theorists, whether consciously or not, follow the route they do as it gives them a feeling of superiority over other people. It's a case of "I'm not being fooled like the rest of you" and in many cases I wouldn't mind betting they have psychological issues.

I can only think anti-vexers and conspiracy theorists, whether consciously or not, follow the route they do as it gives them a feeling of superiority over other people. It's a case of "I'm not being fooled like the rest of you" and in many cases I wouldn't mind betting they have psychological issues.
I sadly know someone who’s anti covid vax & believes this whole thing is a scam. She shares a lot of disproven information on facebook & when you click on the original post it makes you wonder whether closing the asylums was a good thing after all. As with the clown from Right said fred when they get seriously ill they should be told “sorry your National insurance contributions doesn’t cover you here”

Would agree I have a theory (purely unscientific, even before
covid) based on my experiance of those that I met, that they are generally intelligent people who have never done quite as well in life as they think they should have.
And rather then accept like the rest of us that its down to our flaws, bad choices, bad timing, meeting cunts or just bad luck, instead the 'system' is against them and conspiring to keep them down.
But the rest of us plebs can't see that and only they are clever enough to see the bigger picture

Would agree I have a theory (purely unscientific, even before
covid) based on my experiance of those that I met, that they are generally intelligent people who have never done quite as well in life as they think they should have.
And rather then accept like the rest of us that its down to our flaws, bad choices, bad timing, meeting cunts or just bad luck, instead the 'system' is against them and conspiring to keep them down.
But the rest of us plebs can't see that and only they are clever enough to see the bigger picture
This describes someone who I used to consider a mate. Reasonably intelligent but at the same time could be an absolute moron. He'd work in administrative jobs and absolutely smash the productivity targets and was clearly capable of more but would then do something like buy a car beyond his means on finance and think having £20 a month spare was ok.

He believes every conspiracy theory going and is incredibly anti immigration. I haven't spoken to him in years because I got sick of his bullshit.

I used to think like this, but a friend of mine is seriously ill with Covid as we speak.

He is a huge conspiratorialist, something that has exploded over the last 18 months or so with him, since Covid appeared really, prior to that he was a perfectly normal bloke, but now he has fully fallen down the rabbit hole. Whether it's not believing Covid even exists to believing that global debt is going to be wiped out, so therefore he has stopped paying his mortgage, car loan, council tax etc....(another story i won't bore you with, but his wife and kids are fucked)

Now we all know this is fucking stupid, but he is a victim of the cunts that pedal this shit. He has bought into all these supposed experts pushing these theories down his throat, and he ends up not taking his vaccines and (likely) catching Covid at Wembley during the Euro final.

He has a wife, he is a father of 2 young sons, and is my age (i went to school with him) so 39.

He was so convinced that Covid wasn't real ("it's just a bad cold") that he suffered with quite severe symptoms for a week before he was dragged to the hospital by another friend.

3-4 weeks later he is in induced coma and has ventilators that are breathing for him 100%, so whilst i understand when i see people say "let them die", "make them pay" and stuff like that about people who have bought into these ridiculous bullshit theories, I also now see the other side of it, when a friend who has young boys is now dying because of them.

So whilst they are idiots for believing this stuff, they are definitely victims.
He died this morning.

Australia has lot it's mind

"NEW: Australian authorities have shot dead rescue dogs due to Covid restrictions. They shot them to stop volunteers at an animal shelter from travelling to pick them up "

Australia has lot it's mind

"NEW: Australian authorities have shot dead rescue dogs due to Covid restrictions. They shot them to stop volunteers at an animal shelter from travelling to pick them up "
WTF, that is just plain mental

Back