• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Yep, pretty much. It's as though they think there's some sort of medal up for grabs if they're the first nation to 'beat it'.

It’s like they are going for zero Covid rather than mitigated Covid. A policy pretty much doomed to failure.
100% spot on . . . it's fucking insanity ! ! !

Living here is an utter misery . . .

In the last 2 and a half months we've has 3 hard lockdowns in Melbourne/Victoria for around 100 cases in total (of which no-one has died and literally a handful have ended up in hospital) - ie. in 73 days it's been lockdown for 2 weeks then a break for 5 weeks then another lockdown for nearly 2 weeks followed by a break of 9 days and now another lockdown which is supposed to go for a week, but likely to go for 2 at least.

You just can't plan anything . . . weddings, functions, holidays, trips etc etc. Even funerals are invariably limited to just 10 people. And most disgracefully of all, vaccinated people are not allowed to see their dying parents/family which is happening so frequently now in a country devoid of any compassion.

This year I've tried 3 times to book a flight to Auckland, NZ to see my elderly mum, and each time it's been cancelled for one reason or another due to lockdown restrictions - note you are not allowed to leave the country, you must get approval from the Federal Govt !

Last edited:
My daughter's friend, an Aussie national living in the UK applied and was granted permission by the federal/state government to return to Oz on compassionate grounds (his ailing father hasn't much time left).
The friend has flown out to Sydney (with his Aussie national wife), stayed for 2 weeks in a NSW approved isolation hotel and is now staying with his sister in Sydney. However, because of the recent/current lockdown he still can't see his dying father...

My daughter's friend, an Aussie national living in the UK applied and was granted permission by the federal/state government to return to Oz on compassionate grounds (his ailing father hasn't much time left).
The friend has flown out to Sydney (with his Aussie national wife), stayed for 2 weeks in a NSW approved isolation hotel and is now staying with his sister in Sydney. However, because of the recent/current lockdown he still can't see his dying father...
My heart goes out to your friend's daughter.

The latest today is a mother in Sydney, doubled-jabbed, but denied permission to see and look after her daughter in Melbourne who has had a severe form of cancer and has just had chemo.

The mother is fully vaxed, taken COVID tests every 3 days (all negative) and is prepared to go into hotel quarantine for 2 weeks (at her own cost); but the health officials and the Victorian pollies say no !

The absence of compassion and humanity in this country has been appalling and shameful !

If you ever want a hot slab of gammon in your Twitter notifications, respond to something Andrew Neil says. My fucking word.

Anti-Vax protest in London today and they decided to storm the BBC and superbly they went to the BBC building they left 7 or 8 years ago. Brilliant stuff chaps.
Pretty much confirms my thoughts about anti vaxers

Big uptick in cases in TX.
80%+ of my customers do not wear a mask, but this afternoon three doctors have separately come in to the store and all three wore a mask. All 3 commented on the newest surge. A local chain of hospitals had 25 covid patients a few weeks ago, now they have 535 - including a whole family who are all fully vaccinated !!

I just can't go back to working from home. I'm honestly terrified of the possibility now.

It's all too politicised now, Alan. I think the return to school will result in a further surge, but republican state officials will be unable/unwilling to allow mask mandates. If a city cannot persuade people to wear a mask, individual employers will be the only bodies able to do anything - leading to vaccination mandates and/or working from home.
I know quite a few people who prefer that, but it is definitely not for everyone.

Got my second Pfizer dose today and feeling good, although she said some people have a worse reaction after the second dose, with maybe headache and a little fever..we will see..will have my vaccine pass in a week time updated for two doses in the mobile app..not that im planning to travel just now..they said it was valid for 90 days, is that true? how to extend it, a third dose or negative pcr?

they said it was valid for 90 days, is that true? how to extend it, a third dose or negative pcr?
No clue how it works over there but our App with the Covd pass it is valid for 30 days. It then renews for a further 30 days, so maybe yours does the same, after 90 days the expiry of that particular pass renews again for another 90

Last edited:
On the plus side they disrupt Loose Women which is

No clue how it works over there but our App with the Covd pass it is valid for 30 days. It then renews for a further 30 days, so maybe yours does the same, after 90 days the expiry of that particular pass renews again for another 90
aah ok, I will check that further how it works

The same Leicester fan who sent me those ticket prices earlier is on his sofa laid up with Covid. He went to the Charity Shield too.

Girl at works friend in an induced coma from Covid. Had it two weeks but has just deteriorated. 30 years old, no vaccine apparently.

No idea on MH, but if there’s any under 30s on here not having the vaccine for whatever reason, then I’d recommend just have it.

Back