• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Yet pretty much every breakfast tv news show this week has been pushing the narrative that we need a “plan b” and masks need to return. The tv has gone off again in our house.
The sheer negativity in the media makes it unwatchable. There's being informed and then there's just fear reporting.

The manner in which things are reported is deliberate and thoroughly unpleasant.

The sheer negativity in the media makes it unwatchable. There's being informed and then there's just fear reporting.

The manner in which things are reported is deliberate and thoroughly unpleasant.
Fear garners attention which in turn get’s ratings. Cannot wait for all the zoom interviews with scared “experts”

I have no idea whether mask wearing is worthwhile or not. I do know most medical and scientific experts are suggesting we do. Also in Europe every other country has mask wearing and every other country has lower case numbers than us, much lower. Now I understand the arguments about different countries measuring, obesity levels, population density etc will makevit difficult to compare but even so the numbers are stark.
Wearing a mask is such a minor inconvenience for most people, I just don't understand the reluctance.
We did great with our vaccine rollout but for some reason certain sectors of society still won't have it. I was shocked to read recently that out of 3 million over 80's, 1 million have not taken up the offer of a booster. I just don't know how we encourage people to get jabbed anymore.

I have no idea whether mask wearing is worthwhile or not. I do know most medical and scientific experts are suggesting we do. Also in Europe every other country has mask wearing and every other country has lower case numbers than us, much lower. Now I understand the arguments about different countries measuring, obesity levels, population density etc will makevit difficult to compare but even so the numbers are stark.
Wearing a mask is such a minor inconvenience for most people, I just don't understand the reluctance.
We did great with our vaccine rollout but for some reason certain sectors of society still won't have it. I was shocked to read recently that out of 3 million over 80's, 1 million have not taken up the offer of a booster. I just don't know how we encourage people to get jabbed anymore.
"People in Sweden and the Netherlands were more likely than the UK to say they never wore a mask, according to a survey by Imperial College London. But these countries have fewer confirmed Covid cases than the UK."

Well today in Melbourne out of hard lockdown (77 days) and now with a world record of 263 days of lockdown (nearly 9 months out of the last 19 months).

Still in Auckland, where my mum lives, she tells me they won’t be released out of lockdown until they reach 90% double vaxxed - they’re at 68%.

Well today in Melbourne out of hard lockdown (77 days) and now with a world record of 263 days of lockdown (nearly 9 months out of the last 19 months).

Still in Auckland, where my mum lives, she tells me they won’t be released out of lockdown until they reach 90% double vaxxed - they’re at 68%.

And they fought back and will continue to fight back. The tyranny is yet to reach the shores of the UK. But it will. All a bunch of conspiracy theorists.

2+2=5

"People in Sweden and the Netherlands were more likely than the UK to say they never wore a mask, according to a survey by Imperial College London. But these countries have fewer confirmed Covid cases than the UK."

Just got back from NL - every one, literally every one, wears a mask on public transport

Yeah had Dutch family over last week, they were weirded out at the general lack of mask wearing here.

Looks like I could get a travel exemption and go to Oz for Christmas.

Booster booked in for this Sunday too.

People aren’t even wearing Type II R masks so it’s literally like trying to block sand with a tennis racquet.

Even then, the masks are designed to block bacteria and not viruses, so it’s like trying to block sand with a racquet with no strings…

I don’t really understand the transmission. People test positive in households and the others keep testing negative. Then someone shielding gets it and says “I didn’t even leave my house”.

Looks like I could get a travel exemption and go to Oz for Christmas.

Booster booked in for this Sunday too.
Good luck . . . I'd only risk NSW.

For the foreseeable future we'll only be travelling within our state Victoria (once we're allowed out of Melbourne) - I just don't trust the state premiers (apart from NSW).

You might be able to catch up on a couple of Ashes test matches as well.

Good luck . . . I'd only risk NSW.

For the foreseeable future we'll only be travelling within our state Victoria (once we're allowed out of Melbourne) - I just don't trust the state premiers (apart from NSW).

You might be able to catch up on a couple of Ashes test matches as well.
My daughter lives on the Central Coast in NSW. The Sydney test could be an option.

To think I had all those plans to be at all five days at the Gabba…

Fucking Covid.

Back