• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I tend to go via Dubai and Singapore because I like Singapore airport, and if you fancy a stop Singapore is a lovely place. When my brother comes back over he seems to go via Tokyo which seems a bit odd.

Not bothered about stops these days tbh. Worked/lived in both Dubai Singapore a few years ago, so not too fussed. I've 1 hour transfer time going out, so no time for looking around and 3 hour yransfer coming back (which will be late at night).

Last edited:
Is Singapore a place to stay just a few days or could you do like a week there? I've always fancied going.

Is Singapore a place to stay just a few days or could you do like a week there? I've always fancied going.
As a younger man (30) I spent a week there and that felt like too long.

3/4 days would probably be enough.

I spent a few days there on my way to Bali and felt that was sufficient.
It's a great city, great scenery, Clarke Quay and the harbour are great at night for food and drinks. Garden Bay is great to spend the day wandering around,theres a Universal theme park, but it is the most humid place I've ever been. And its very expensive. We did three nights and felt that we saw most things. I would imagine a week would be stretching it

The man is an archaeologist with an opinion, which reminds me I need to make an appointment with my dentist to get my car serviced !

That sentiment sort of negates the contribution of experts like Bill and Greta.

I had Pfizer booster yesterday (AZ for the double vax). I've felt rough as buggery since.

I had Pfizer booster yesterday (AZ for the double vax). I've felt rough as buggery since.
Sorry to hear that. Just reading that is a reminder of the kicking it can give you.

Mind if I ask how you were with AZ 1 & 2? I was pretty rough with 1 and even bloody worse with 2. Not looking forward to the booster but wondered if it might be better with Pfizer. Reading your experience maybe not. I dunno, clutching at straws maybe but curious all the same?

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it. My Da is basically never ill but his first AZ properly knocked him about for a day or two.

If you price in a couple of possibly shit days then it'll be fine, it never lasts beyond that and if you get away with it, happy days.

Sorry to hear that. Just reading that is a reminder of the kicking it can give you.

Mind if I ask how you were with AZ 1 & 2? I was pretty rough with 1 and even bloody worse with 2. Not looking forward to the booster but wondered if it might be better with Pfizer. Reading your experience maybe not. I dunno, clutching at straws maybe but curious all the same?
The AZ 1 & 2 were fine. I just felt tired for about 24 hours.

Think there was data out that with AZ you we’re more likely to feel rough with the first than the second, then the opposite for Pfizer.

Think age also plays a factor. Older and less likely to feel shit.

I was fine after first Pfizer, had mild headache after second one for about 4 days. Bit like a mild hangover.

I’m a bit apprehensive to book my booster (could book it now if I wished) as I don’t want to end up missing time off work as that would mean no money, but more importantly cause a lot of chaos which I could do without. Then I don’t want to have it Friday Night a ruin my weekend.

I will be entitled to the booster in May when I hit fifty so I will worry then. Unless they change the plan.

Just be confident eh .

Nobody seems to care that if you are under 50 and have no underlying health conditions you are at an extremely minimum risk of losing your life. Nobody seems to care that the vaccine does not stop you transmitting or catching the damn thing.

We are amidst a fascist nightmare that controls your every move and nobody seems to care.

Just got back from NL - every one, literally every one, wears a mask on public transport
From the Guardian

The Netherlands reintroduces Covid curbs as cases rise​

The Netherlands is bringing back coronavirus measures including a requirement for face masks in many public spaces to combat a surge in cases, prime minister Mark Rutte said on Tuesday.
He said the government will be reintroducing social distancing rules, extending so-called Covid passes to places such as museums and restaurant terraces, AFP reports.
People are also being advised to work from home for at least half the week and avoid rush-hour travel.
The move – which makes the Netherlands one of the first in western Europe to bring back restrictions – comes less than two months after it drastically relaxed anti-Covid measures.
Infections have since been rising for a month after most social distancing measures were scrapped in late September,
“It won’t surprise anyone that we have a difficult message tonight. Infections and hospital admissions are rising quickly,” Rutte told a press conference.
The Netherlands had some of Europe’s most lax restrictions early in the pandemic but drastically tightened up during a brutal second wave last year.
Rutte said masks would be required again in shops and for professions including hairdressers and massage parlours. They were already still obligatory on public transport, although not in stations or on platforms.
Sex workers in the Netherlands – where prostitution is legal – will continue to be excluded from the mask rule.

From the Guardian

The Netherlands reintroduces Covid curbs as cases rise​

The Netherlands is bringing back coronavirus measures including a requirement for face masks in many public spaces to combat a surge in cases, prime minister Mark Rutte said on Tuesday.
He said the government will be reintroducing social distancing rules, extending so-called Covid passes to places such as museums and restaurant terraces, AFP reports.
People are also being advised to work from home for at least half the week and avoid rush-hour travel.
The move – which makes the Netherlands one of the first in western Europe to bring back restrictions – comes less than two months after it drastically relaxed anti-Covid measures.
Infections have since been rising for a month after most social distancing measures were scrapped in late September,
“It won’t surprise anyone that we have a difficult message tonight. Infections and hospital admissions are rising quickly,” Rutte told a press conference.
The Netherlands had some of Europe’s most lax restrictions early in the pandemic but drastically tightened up during a brutal second wave last year.
Rutte said masks would be required again in shops and for professions including hairdressers and massage parlours. They were already still obligatory on public transport, although not in stations or on platforms.
Sex workers in the Netherlands – where prostitution is legal – will continue to be excluded from the mask rule.
Just got back from NL again, everyone knew it was coming - most expect a full work from home directive soon too :(

So with neither of them required to wear masks, there's now two ways Tory MPs are like Dutch sex workers (the other being that they both fuck people for money...)

Back