• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I'm not sure about vaccinating young kids. I'd imagine their risk to the vaccine is greater than their risk to covid.

Whatever they do they are still fucking people up with masks, turning people against each other, eliminating them from society (if they do not allow the state to decide what needs to be put in their bodies) and causing anybody who wishes a break in foreign climes an absolute nightmare ( that's if they can even get on a plane ). No time for point scoring or arguing about what is right and wrong because the reality is a global shit-show ( unless you've got shares in Pharma and can afford a private jet ).

Whatever they do they are still fucking people up with masks, turning people against each other, eliminating them from society (if they do not allow the state to decide what needs to be put in their bodies) and causing anybody who wishes a break in foreign climes an absolute nightmare ( that's if they can even get on a plane ). No time for point scoring or arguing about what is right and wrong because the reality is a global shit-show ( unless you've got shares in Pharma and can afford a private jet ).

Im only bothered by what's best for my kids from a risk perspective. If they're at greater risk from COVID than the jab then they're getting jabbed, th reverse is also true

Allowing the spread amongst children increases the possibility of mutations/new variants that potentially could be more dangerous to younger people than the current main variants. Anecdotal reports that omicron has caused the deaths of several 0-2 year old children.
Vaccinating as much as possible is the best course of action (so children, poorer countries) to reduce the risk of a potential game changing mutation. Vaccinating is more than just individual mitigation.

Im only bothered by what's best for my kids from a risk perspective. If they're at greater risk from COVID than the jab then they're getting jabbed, th reverse is also true

And I share the same sentiment but the risks are well documented across all ages groups. Some may want your children vaccinated in case they come into contact with elderly and/or vulnerable people. 5 year old children are being told to wear face masks in schools.

0-19 survival rate 99.99%
50-59 survival rate 99.73%

The state will control what goes into your body OR you cease to exist as a social being. Simple choices no risks defined anywhere.

Allowing the spread amongst children increases the possibility of mutations/new variants that potentially could be more dangerous to younger people than the current main variants. Anecdotal reports that omicron has caused the deaths of several 0-2 year old children.
Vaccinating as much as possible is the best course of action (so children, poorer countries) to reduce the risk of a potential game changing mutation. Vaccinating is more than just individual mitigation.
Where's that come from.? Reports I have read state there have been only mild symptoms so far with Omicron

No one knows yet, it's useless speculating.

Edit - its or it's? fuck knows

If it does become the case that omicron symptoms are universally mild and it is highly infectious then the order could come soon to get the masks off. Everybody getting antibodies from mild infection and it hopefully becomes the dominant variant. That is of course all speculation at the moment.

I was reading a virologist who was saying that the most likely scenario is that it mutates to the point of only causing mild symptoms and is then an endemic disease that's with us forever.

It makes sense from an evolutionary perspective for a disease not to kill it's hosts doesn't it.

And I share the same sentiment but the risks are well documented across all ages groups. Some may want your children vaccinated in case they come into contact with elderly and/or vulnerable people. 5 year old children are being told to wear face masks in schools.

0-19 survival rate 99.99%
50-59 survival rate 99.73%

The state will control what goes into your body OR you cease to exist as a social being. Simple choices no risks defined anywhere.
I need to think on this, I'm pro-vax (if there is such a thing) and have vaccinated my kids for everything they should have vaccinations for.

They've already had the flu vaccine so maybe I'm not being consistent with how I think about this.

Confirmed cases going up again at work, three in the last two weeks in our department alone. Which is pretty telling after none in God knows how many months.

Thinking of sacking off our xmas party - its the 21st, don't want to be getting covid that week.

No one knows yet, it's useless speculating.

Edit - its or it's? fuck knows
"It's", I believe.

Think you're right to cancel the Christmas party. Just too soon right now. And omicron does seem... worrisome.

Alex, from Surrey, asks - given that Omicron spreads more in crowded and indoor places why are you not introducing face coverings in cinemas and theatres as well as shops and public transport?

The PM says: "We are trying to take a balanced and proportionate approach of slowing down the spread of Omicron while we get to the bottom of the exact effect it has."
What??

Waffle, waffle, waffle. Don't know why I watch this shite.

Translation: "We don't have a plan yet and probably won't until it's too late"

This fat prick is incapable of stringing a proper sentence together.

Emily Morgan, from ITV, asks if people should be limiting unnecessary social contacts.

She says, even giving 3.5m booster jabs every week, it would take until mid-February to get through all of those eligible. She asks how the government will do it before the end of January?

The PM says the guidance on social contact stays the same but he is toughening up the regulations in a specific way to deal with Omicron.

"I'm still confident that this Christmas will be considerably better than last Christmas," he says

Fucking brilliant.

that last sentence is his latest catchphrase. he must've said it 6 times in the ;last presser he did.

I continue to be bewildered by the mask rage that's returned. why are people so angry about wearing a mask, yet not angry about a potentially lethal virus?

Back