• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

that last sentence is his latest catchphrase. he must've said it 6 times in the ;last presser he did.

I continue to be bewildered by the mask rage that's returned. why are people so angry about wearing a mask, yet not angry about a potentially lethal virus?
Because it's like trying to keep a fart in your trousers

that last sentence is his latest catchphrase. he must've said it 6 times in the ;last presser he did.

I continue to be bewildered by the mask rage that's returned. why are people so angry about wearing a mask, yet not angry about a potentially lethal virus?
I'd say it's because it tends to be the thin end of the wedge and you can't trust a word these pricks say. There's a very easy line to draw between "it's only masks for a few minutes in the supermarket" to "we're only closing hospitality for a couple of weeks" and so on, history does tend to repeat itself. They also genuinely aren't pleasant to wear (I did put mine on just now when I went to the Co-Op, I'd forgotten how much I dislike them).

Remember this time last year, the fat piece of shit was promising everyone that under no circumstances would Christmas be "cancelled" (you can use all manner of semantics to say whether it was or wasn't, fact is it was awful).

Also while I wouldn't go down the road of saying masks do nothing at all, there is a huge element of them being performance theatre, especially if you aren't mandating them in all public indoor settings.

There's a Costa literally next door to Co-Op. I have to (well, I'm supposed to, so I do) wear a mask if I'm queuing in one but not the other. Explain that one.

It's hard to be angry at a virus to be fair.

The mask mandates make me angry as I think the motivation behind them is to make it appear like something is being done when in practice they make little to no difference.

Its quite a big thing for the state to mandate you have to cover your face. It's such a big thing, imo, that the case would have to overwhelming to justify it. I find them to be dehumanising, and then there's the issue of hard of hearing, autistic, and others disabled people who find their mass wearing really difficult.

If it was clear that Scotland, Wales and the rest Europe were in a better position than us right now, having kept their mask mandates, I'd happily accept them as a necessary evil, but they aren't. I'll wear one as it's the law, but I'm not at all happy about it.

Also while I wouldn't go down the road of saying masks do nothing at all, there is a huge element of them being performance theatre, especially if you aren't mandating them in all public indoor settings.

There's a Costa literally next door to Co-Op. I have to (well, I'm supposed to, so I do) wear a mask if I'm queuing in one but not the other. Explain that one.
The PM says: "We are trying to take a balanced and proportionate approach of slowing down the spread of Omicron while we get to the bottom of the exact effect it has."

From the man himself.

Fortunate really that Covid knows that I want a coffee rather than a bottle of washing up liquid.

Same as when it was fine to have a pint at 9.30pm but not 10pm.

They still haven't got a clue, it's all blundering. They lucked out on vaccines, everything else has been a mess.

"Lucked out" is being mild; to go from zero clue about COVID-19 to three/four 90%+ efficacy vaccines in just over one calendar year is borderline miraculous.

Fortunate really that Covid knows that I want a coffee rather than a bottle of washing up liquid.

Same as when it was fine to have a pint at 9.30pm but not 10pm.

They still haven't got a clue, it's all blundering. They lucked out on vaccines, everything else has been a mess.
They may as well have done fuck all. Sit on the bus for twenty minutes with a mask on but when you get to the cinema take it off, have close contact with more people and sit with some for six times longer. But put it back on on the bus home eh? All while we figure out if this strain is actually any less deadly than the original one.

I'll be wearing a mask in most, if not all, public places because it really is a very minor inconvenience for me

We haven't been allowed to stop wearing them at work since they came in. Company policy. I'm sick to death of the fucking things.

They destroy my mental health as I rely on lip reading in crowded noisy places. So I associate my wearing one with that mental health destruction and hate every second of wearing it.

Just went into Morrison’s wearing the bloody thing. About 60% mask wearing. I think a lot of people are going to ignore this.

I sympathise with those it has a real negative impact such as Paddington wolf, it has little or no effect on me, so I don't mind wearing one. I have no idea if it makes any difference but most scientists/health professionals (at least the ones I've seen) suggest it's a good thing.
They absolutely should be more universal in enclosed spaces

Forgot to mention on here but I actually did have to show my Covid pass to get into the Charlatans gig in Birmingham on Saturday night. Don't have it, you have to take a test there and then, don't do it, you aren't coming in. Other places have said in the T&Cs that you need it but never checked.

I think that'll be coming in for the football very soon. Something along the lines of you send the club proof of your status and they add that to your smartcard, rather than them individually checking 30,000 people.

With the internet signal at the ground I think that would be the only practical way to do it.

We were there before doors opened and they were checking in the queue, so no delay as such for us. Did hear some knobheads behind discussing passing a phone around because at least a couple of them didn't have it, unlucky lads.

Don't know if it caused any issues for people who arrived after that.

So tomorrow I finish work, get changed, put my mask on to potentially share a bus with thirty people, take it off to walk 300 yards, put it back on to pop into the bank, probably be about thirty people in there, then take it off to spend three hours in a pub that will probably have in excess of three hundred people in it, and finally don’t need to wear it (admittedly outside) in a crowd of 29 thousand or so.

There is just no logic to it.

Back