• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

SSP now has 7 waiting days, not 3. Unsurprisingly, it has been cut back since 2010.
In order to be entitled to SSP, you have to have earnings above a certain level.
anything over and above that is at an employers discretion. companies will decide whether they feel contractual sick pay has merits. I think I get 6 months full pay, then 6 months on half pay if off long term. Not all my employers have had such generous terms!
Its still 3 waiting days lemon.

I have had jobs where you were not paid sick pay and jobs where you were. The places where I did get sick pay was definitely abused by both shop floor and office staff. Every place had it`s usual suspects.

As office staff, I get full sick pay. Officially it’s two weeks but it’s up to management discretion how long I’d get it for. I’d probably still be ok if I was ever unfortunate enough to be off for a few months. No one on the factory floor gets any sick pay apart from SSP, however.

I work for a packaging company that is owned by a pretty big corrugated board producer. I’m interested to know who you work for now…
What’s your company name Dan? Supplies of boxes and pallets have been a nightmare over the last 15 months so we’re always looking for alternatives. A pm will do if you don’t want to put it on the board.

What’s your company name Dan? Supplies of boxes and pallets have been a nightmare over the last 15 months so we’re always looking for alternatives. A pm will do if you don’t want to put it on the board.
We manufacture boxes, pallets & timber cases. I’ll pm you the name.

Supply hasn’t been an issue for us but the cost of both paper and timber has gone through the roof. It was calming down but now Russian supplies are being boycotted, prices are going up again.

Finally caught it after 2 years of dodging, a three day weekend away drinking obviously too much.

Bastard...I've got it, it's a bloody nuisance, I'm supposed to have grandpa duties this week, pita.
If I've passed it on to other family members, I've also scuppered my grandsons 3rd birthday party...he's not had one yet due to covid lockdowns

Any symptoms? I’ve tested myself this weekend for the first time in quite a while just in case, as I’ve been around older relatives.

Yeah, I've had a tickley cough and sore throat for a week but don't think that was covid. Mate I was with Thursday night tested positive Friday, so I very been testing since. Yesterday afternoon/last night felt really tired and lethargic and ny joints all ached. Felt OK this morning but tested positive.
I guess in a few weeks when everyone has run out of tests (I won't be paying for them) then no-one will know if they've got it or not.

Just tested positive on 2 LFTs this morning because a few people I know have also got it.

No symptoms for me though currently - I am aching and sore but I also played 80 minutes of Rugby for the first time in 6 months on Saturday and so they're kind of blended into two

Just had my 4th booster because I am immunosuppressed. I always feel better once I am up to date again.

I've not had it yet, although my wife, son and daughter have all succumbed over the past 24 months. Thankfully they were fully jabbed and have recovered well.

Still being really careful and hoping my run of luck continues.....

Confirmed my mum and dad have Covid which the old man evidently picked up in hospital while in for a few days having his pacemaker fitted. Pleased to say despite a rough few days they’ve come through fine and in a couple more days will be all good to go.

Interesting though to see the mental health impact of this playing out now. Despite encouragement and what should be the obvious relief at now having had this damn thing and come through it, I’m not sure they’re ready to return to the way things used to be. They’ve always been worriers and a touch obsessive (Covid just about did me in mentally so that’s not a criticism) so isolation and self-preservation was something that was easy to slip into and difficult to come out of. Covid unfortunately was the perfect storm.

Very frustrating watching particularly when all positive spins are met with cautious negativity, but I suppose everything considered it’s too much to expect a return to ‘normal’ at the click of the fingers.

At least they’re fortunate enough to have come through and got a second chance which is more than many did, but it’s a small example of one of the many ways the after effects of all this are going to rumble on for some time yet.

My wife finally caught it a month ago. Tested negative from day nine onwards but is still feeling the effects. She still has a slight cough, cold-like symptoms and a bit of a sore throat but the worst symptom she has is fatigue. Takes us almost twice as long to do our regular daily walk and is really struggling with inclines. She usually has the energy of a Tasmanian Devil.

Back